X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diary Of A Nudist

Probably already been posted. But ........
    Diary Of A Nudist
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7KM...ture=spotlight

Re: Diary Of A Nudist

Watch it before it gets the YouTube flush ...

Comment

I don't you tube will delete this particular video since it was filmed back in 1961, but again, you never know. Nice one

Comment

Great movie ....... I couldn't stop watching it. Really, I couldn't stop watching it. I let the movie download and was going to watch a little bit and then go wash the cars. For some reason, what was downloaded went poof as I started to watch it, and it started downloading again from the beginning. Only that time, the pause button didn't work.

I was struck by how fit all of the camp-goers were, then it hit me - of course they were fit - the pool was in Florida and the cabins were in Pennsylvania. That's quite a hike! And my, how spacious those tiny cabins were inside! It was fun looking for and catching tons of gaffes in the film.

It's interesting how Zelda Suplee, owner of Sunny Palms and Sunny Rest (the two camps where much of the film was shot) played herself. I wonder why. I also wonder where the scenes of the 'indoor pool' were shot. I doubt that it was at Sunny Palms. Judging by the large buildings on the opposite shore, it looked like it was right next to a fairly urban waterway.

It's a fun film. I might put it on my Christmas wish list.

Joe

Comment

I just watched some of it. Was this film meant to be taken seriously? It seems to me that it's tongue was firmly planted in it's cheek.

Comment

Uh, which set of cheeks do you mean?

Everything about the film was done with one goal in mind - get some good old fashioned T&A up on the silver screen. Unfortunately, to achieve that, realism didn't need to be considered. They easily could have made it more realistic just by having a real-life nudist look for and point out easily correctable blunders such as how nobody seemed to sit on a towel. But then it wouldn't be the campy oddity that it is now.

I can't figure out why they dubbed the sound in later. Maybe that was cheaper than recording the sound on location. Now, 49 years later, it sure adds to the kitsch.

I love the many creative ways that were used to conceal pubic areas. It's definitely a sign of the times that the only full frontal nudity seen in the movie is that of children. Could you imagine a filmmaker doing that today? I think he or she would end up serving time in prison and end up on a sex offender registry.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Procrastinator View Post
              It's definitely a sign of the times that the only full frontal nudity seen in the movie is that of children. Joe
              I also found this striking. Has censorship done a complete 180 or what?!:confused:

It's been a while since I've watched a pre-70's nudist movie. And I'd forgotten about the adult genitalia censorship. I found the strategically placed towels and hats to be a bit too distracting and unnatural; who walks around with a hat in front of their crotch? I'd almost preferred they just cut at the waist.
              But, the movie is somewhat endearing in it's "old skool" presentation of nudism. And the acting is so terrible it's "good." I guess you have to take it for what it is: a naively kitch nudisxploitation flick.

Comment

It was funny to watch such an old movie. I know the intent was not to promote naturism. However, it was great to see that nudist clubs existed and probably flourished. I visited a remote wilderness club this spring with no electricity, no pool, just tenting, campfires and the lake. One couple mentioned that there used to be 4 nude clubs within 50 miles of this site. They all slowly disappeared. As much as we might find the hiding of frontal nudity strange, I would not be surprised to find that more people were willing to try public nudity than today.

It was fun to see the technology of the day, typewriters, rotary phones and the old cars.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen so many tan lines at a nudist club.

Comment

I finally got around to seeing it. All things considered I thought it was fairly good. I would love to see a remake with better production value and where they didn't have to find such contrived ways to hide the genitals. I mean one volleyball team is naked, and you only see them from behind, and the other team is all wearing shorts. Also Penn. does not make a convincing "body double" for Fla. What surprised me was how, for lack of a better term, friendly it was towards naturism. Maybe I'm wrong but I associate the name Doris Wishman with more cheesy and exploitive work and thematically that was not the case. Philosophically I thought it was a pretty good representation of naturism. I know nowadays we wouldn't be lauding deep tans, but otherwise it was pretty good. I'd love to see this done with a bigger budget and no need to avoid "full frontal". Even this many years later the basic plot could stand though.

Comment

Working...
                    X