X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude All-Female Orchestra Performs

This a video of a nude all-female orchestra performing in a public setting. If there could be more of this type of activity in public, showing that nudity is not something to be ashamed of, perhaps more tolerance of it could be forthcoming. Bravo to these young ladies!

Nudist - All Girl Orchestra Perform Nude by canadien1952

Re: Nude All-Female Orchestra Performs

Cute video. My impressions: The conductor's on-stage preparation was cute. The rear views of the players were more attractive than the rear view of the conductor. Unfortunately, that's the predominant view of the conductor that the audience receives. Artistic talent was so-so. But the concept was neat.

bond, the Australian/British all girl string quartet (http://www.bondmusic.net/) specializing in classical crossover music and known for their high energy performances and skimpy attire, would be fantastic performing clad in naught but air. By the way, the small b in bond is deliberate in deference to copyrights on the James Bond brand.

Comment

Leave it to the Japanese. They are more embolden then it would seem the rest of the world is. Don't think you would see that in the USA.

Comment

Anyone know where this was?

Comment

This is a wonderful concept and no doubt there are many, many nudists in the USA who are also have musical talent and an ensemble much like this could be put together. Frankly I don't see why not, and as shows like this become more numerous, this kind of entertainment would serve wel to help dispell the myth that nudity has to be something to be ashamed of, and help bring about a better understanding of nudity and naturism for folks.

Thanks, Yogi. That video is an excellent find.

Comment

I think the idea is great and sunnysmile_fl made an excellant posting on it.

Comment

It would be splendid if the audience could be naked too.

Comment

What was this excactly? To me it looked like the audience was at 98% male (hard to tell with the video quality on my end). Was this some form of modern day geshia ?
                Last edited by Ad Astra; 03-20-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

What was this excactly? To me it looked like the audience was at 98% male
                  Yes, that occurred to me. An almost entirely male audience going to watch a rather poor orchestra which happened to consist of pretty young women who stripped naked.

Still, I'm sure their motives weren't prurient ones.

Much!

Stu

Comment

I'm not 100% on this; but I think it's "male entertainment." The japanese are well known for their "different" takes on errotica; so it is not surprising that they have a classical twist for the more "cultivated" japanese men. It goes back to the geisha, where the nobility, and then the businessmen would be entertained by women. It was usually non-sexual, but definitely evolved around young, pretty women entertaining men in a titillating fashion. Cross the European-style Lido with the geisha tradition, and you have events such as the naked concert featured above or the naked ballet feutured below. Not passing judgement here; but it certainly seems to fall under the "male entertainment" category.

Naked Ballet by Irondell31

Comment

Originally posted by NudonyII View Post
                      I'm not 100% on this; but I think it's "male entertainment." The japanese are well known for their "different" takes on errotica; so it is not surprising that they have a classical twist for the more "cultivated" japanese men. It goes back to the geisha, where the nobility, and then the businessmen would be entertained by women. It was usually non-sexual, but definitely evolved around young, pretty women entertaining men in a titillating fashion. Cross the European-style Lido with the geisha tradition, and you have events such as the naked concert featured above or the naked ballet feutured below. Not passing judgement here; but it certainly seems to fall under the "male entertainment" category.
                      Those are good observations that perhaps any of us who are inclined to assemble an orchestra whose performers would be nude would observe by not letting the players of the orchestra be limited to one gender or a certain age group.

If erotica is the theming of the entertainment in the concert we see in the video, then it's evident then that the motives of the arrangers of the concert aren't presenting the programme in a true, nudist context. But then again that's only my speculation on the issue.

What it seems to have clearly done here though, is provide inspiration for us to ponder the idea of an all-nudist orchestra whose mission could be to help get across to people the true context of nudism and naturism. How many in this forum thread like the idea of an all-nudist orchestra in this context?

Comment

Also check out:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/laissezfayre
                        http://www.myspace.com/laissezfayre

Goes to show that it's not just the Japanese who are starting up nude musical combos. Only difference is this band is aiming for a more egalitarian and contemporary music audience. :-)

Comment

"How many in this forum thread like the idea of an all-nudist orchestra in this context?"

As someone pointed out - this is "erotic entertainment", Japanese-style. This was not done to promote the concept of nudism, oh, it's natural, it's acceptable -- it's soft-core erotica as it's often presented in Japan. Think of the topless donut shop.

It doesn't do much for nudism. In fact, if it does ANYTHING -- it eroticizes it, and possibly holds it up to ridicule.

Comment

I thought the musicians sat down. I don't know...maybe it enhances the sound of the music if you stand, and that is why they did it. Did they even play? Once I figured out that the conductor was just there to do a strip tease, I stopped watching.

Originally posted by usuallylurk View Post
                            "How many in this forum thread like the idea of an all-nudist orchestra in this context?"

As someone pointed out - this is "erotic entertainment", Japanese-style. This was not done to promote the concept of nudism, oh, it's natural, it's acceptable -- it's soft-core erotica as it's often presented in Japan. Think of the topless donut shop.

It doesn't do much for nudism. In fact, if it does ANYTHING -- it eroticizes it, and possibly holds it up to ridicule.
                            I would patronize a topless donut shop. I like my sprinkles on top too much! Down with top-free donuts! LMAO

Comment

[QUOTE=Kouak;289604]I thought the musicians sat down. I don't know...maybe it enhances the sound of the music if you stand, and that is why they did it. Did they even play? Once I figured out that the conductor was just there to do a strip tease, I stopped watching.

Standing with a wind instrument promotes better breath control.

Comment

Working...
                              X