Maui Experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui Experience

My wife and I recently visited Little Beach in Maui. I was her first experience at a nude beach. Unfortunatly some guy stared at her as she took her clothes off, then proceeded to stare at her *****. Waiting for her to spread her legs I guess. It's OK to look, but this guy didn't even bother to turn away. Needless to say it made her mad and very uncomfortable and we only stayed for a few mintues. Now she says she'll never go back:-( Any ideas from women out there how I can change her mind? She was excited about the whole thing until then...

My wife and I recently visited Little Beach in Maui. I was her first experience at a nude beach. Unfortunatly some guy stared at her as she took her clothes off, then proceeded to stare at her *****. Waiting for her to spread her legs I guess. It's OK to look, but this guy didn't even bother to turn away. Needless to say it made her mad and very uncomfortable and we only stayed for a few mintues. Now she says she'll never go back:-( Any ideas from women out there how I can change her mind? She was excited about the whole thing until then...

Comment

That's sad. It makes me mad just to read about it. Unfortunately on public beaches there's generally not a lot of recourse against jerks.

My suggestion would be to agree with her that it was a bad experience, and make it clear that you're totally on her side. After a bit begin to talk with her about trying a day at naturist resort (hopefully you have one within reach; otherwise you might need to wait for another vacation opportunity). It's extremely unlikely that this type of experience would happen at a resort; and if it does, her complaint would probably get the guy bounced.

In other words, my suggestion is that you do whatever it takes to get her some safe, pleasant experiences. With several of those behind her, perhaps she'll feel like trying the beach again.

Good luck to you both.

Comment

vid 35,

That kinda behavior gets my wife and I and our friends at our nude beach as angry as the TAZ Devil here. We have encountered several of these jerks at our beach and have run them off.

Suggestion: If you'd still like to try the beach, when you arrive, look for other couples to sit by. Just explain that your first experience was uncomfortable. If they have done it before they will understand, if it's their first time, you'll have something in common. There is strength in numbers if you encounter another gawker.

We go to a beach in So. Cal. Lots of singles both men and women, lots of couples, groups, gays, and of course gawkers. We deal strongly with the gawkers. When we, the several couples we go to this beach with, see a nervous couple we invite them to sit near us and explain that if they feel more comfortable sitting next to other couples. Some take us up on the offer some don't. That's how we've met so many new nude friends. My wife atttitude has really changed since meeting new female nudist friends.

Hope you and your wife have a better second trip to a nude beach. Good luck [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Your wife's experience was unfortunate. It was also out of character for this beach. Most of those who go are already comfortable with nudity and wouldn't think of staring.

Best way to deal with such people is to point out, in a loud voice, their objectionable behavior. You would soon have others on your side.

Your wife should really try Little Beach again, because it's such a neat place. Go on a Sunday, when the regulars come out (including whole families). Starting about noon, there is a drum circle that's very good entertainment.

Gary

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by vid_35:
            [qb]My wife and I recently visited Little Beach in Maui. I was her first experience at a nude beach. Unfortunatly some guy stared at her as she took her clothes off, then proceeded to stare at her *****. Waiting for her to spread her legs I guess. It's OK to look, but this guy didn't even bother to turn away. Needless to say it made her mad and very uncomfortable and we only stayed for a few mintues. Now she says she'll never go back:-( Any ideas from women out there how I can change her mind? She was excited about the whole thing until then...[/qb]

Comment

Just curious...was this person nude or clothed? Did this person look like a local?

Reason I ask is...there has been talk of the locals trying to take this beach over and keep those wanting to continue using it as a nude beach out and changing it back to a textile beach. Wonder if this was a local that was staring to scare you off the beach.

Hope you've been able to try other nude beaches once you returned home. My wife says to tell your wife not to give up. With continued visits your wife will be able to ignore these jerks just like my wife has.

good luck [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X