"Nude Dancing"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nude Dancing"

I have observed that one or more nudist facilities seem to prohibit "nude dancing." After reading some old posts, I realized that they were probably concerned about slow, romantic, full-contact dance that might result in visible arousal, not the kind of "dancing" that goes on at strip joints, which apparently isn't a problem among naturists. But if that's what they're about they'd better be careful how they word their policy--and how they apply it. Do these places really want to prohibit, for example, classical ballet in the nude? Or a "fancy undress ball" including waltzes and polkas? And what about the Jitterbug or the Charleston?

We need to be very careful what we're about here, or we'll be guilty of just the sort of illogic that already exists among police and lawyers re nudity itself.

Question for more experienced naturists: Have you been to a place with a similar policy? If so, how was it used?

I have observed that one or more nudist facilities seem to prohibit "nude dancing." After reading some old posts, I realized that they were probably concerned about slow, romantic, full-contact dance that might result in visible arousal, not the kind of "dancing" that goes on at strip joints, which apparently isn't a problem among naturists. But if that's what they're about they'd better be careful how they word their policy--and how they apply it. Do these places really want to prohibit, for example, classical ballet in the nude? Or a "fancy undress ball" including waltzes and polkas? And what about the Jitterbug or the Charleston?

We need to be very careful what we're about here, or we'll be guilty of just the sort of illogic that already exists among police and lawyers re nudity itself.

Question for more experienced naturists: Have you been to a place with a similar policy? If so, how was it used?

Comment

I haven't been to many places, but the club I frequent regularly has dances every other Sat night, and are always clothing optional. Those that do tend to "dress-up" are dressed minimally. The women may for instance wear a sheer see-though wrap, and the guys may opt to wear something like a dress shirt or Hawaiian shirt, either of which would likely be left unbuttoned. One fellow felt that dressing up meant wearing a tie (of course he wasn't wearing anything else [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ). So the form of dress or undress varies. Many just show up as they are.

At least at my club (and probably most others), a certain behavior is expected, and those that tend to go beyond what is expected (intentional or not) are quietly reminded. I personally have yet to witness anything out of the ordinary, other than everyone having a wonderful time. I suppose full blown resorts, where they tend to get a lot of transients or visitors on vacation, might have the need to do things differently.

Cheers! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

We just returned from Club Orient on St. Martin. The Club has nightly entertainment and along with that most of the guests at the resort dance. Very few if any of the male and female guests were clothed at all. Those that did come with a sheer cover up, ended up taking it off soon after the dancing started.

It was great fun. Nothing going on, on the dance floor, that one would question or be upset about. I really don't think most of us thought much about anything but dancing with our partners.

We met two really nice couples while we vacationed there. At one point one of the guys left for a few minutes and his wife asked me to dance with her. She had been sitting for quite awhile and wanted to dance but her husband didn't so she asked me to dance with her. It was no different than times I've danced with other women at clothed parties.

My wife and I really enjoyed dancing together in the nude. We've talked about it alot since the vacation ended and wonder how we'll ever be able to dance clothed again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I have not done full-body-contact nude slow dancing with a girlfriend at a nudist resort.

I would only suppose that the resorts that allow it look the other way when a fully erect man makes genital to genital contact with his dance partner.

Maybe middle-aged and older couples who have a long history of time together don't find this kind of dancing quite as arousing as a 30-something couple that have a lot of newly acquired passion for each other.

Comment

Traildust writes..."I would only suppose that the resorts that allow it look the other way when a fully erect man makes genital to genital contact with his dance partner.

Maybe middle-aged and older couples who have a long history of time together don't find this kind of dancing quite as arousing as a 30-something couple that have a lot of newly acquired passion for each other."

Traildust, I have read many of your posts. I enjoy your writing style very much. You seem to be very educated/well read. You have a command for the written word that I admire. It's truly a shame that you allow your writings to immediately jump to a negative tilt without any possibilities of ifs, ands or buts. I refer to the statement that you assume that if a club allows couples to slow dance they obviously turn a blind eye when a fully erect male makes genital to genital contact with his dance partner. Is this what you perceive as the only result of couples (not old or at least not married to each other)slow dancing? Other than your reference to old fogies who have been together so long their passions are more under control you don't mention any other possible outcomes (gonna dance...must get a woody). So I am led to understand that this is what you surmise as the ONLY truth. You almost unwittingly point to yourself as being the reason for this belief. I refer to your opening statement, "I have not done full-body-contact nude slow dancing with a girlfriend at a nudist resort." Saying this and then saying that resorts must turn a blind eye to the fully erect males who make genital to genital contact with their dance partners leads me to believe that you must have this cursed affliction. Or else you just ASSUME that everyone else has such little self control (I doubt that you have taken a poll or have any scientific evidence to back up this assumption). Either state the case with your evidence in hand or state that what you are saying is IYHO (in your humble opinion). Because otherwise, you generalize others based on ONE MAN'S HANGUPS! Indeed, sir!

I have been a member of a number of resorts in my days. I have been to nude dances in many different states. I have fast danced(and...perish the thought...slow danced) with many women. Some women have been quite attractive. Some were single. Some were married. Some were verrrry close friends of mine (when I, myself, was not married). My wife has danced slow dances with married and single men. Never once did I, nor any of my wife's dance partners, walk away with a boner. But to read your "opinion" (and it's really nothing more than that) we all were given blanket amnesty by the resort owners. Ops! Did I mention that several of these dances was with the wives of these resorts owners? I will confess to having seen one erect penis on the dance floor in all my years as a nudist. And yes, it was during a slow dance. The couple was not married. They were not extremely attractive, either. I considered them both "lucky" and was not in the least offended. He did his best to control the "view" and they acted responsibly...they left though a side exit right after that number. My wife and I both laughed about it. So, I say let the dancing continue...and let us be our own police in this matter.

Traildust, please keep writing. I enjoy reading your thoughts. Just please, either reference your sources (just how many erect penis' during a slow dance have you SEEN???) or list your views as your OWN opinions of something that COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN to SOME males. I remain-

nekkid4ever

Comment

As I posted earlier, we were among 20+ other couples dancing nude at Club Orient this past June. Didn't see any aroused male parts in any of the guys that night and all the women were nude.

Alot of those couples were younger then we were. We are both 50 years young and in the right environment and time, we can become easily aroused by each other. Just cuz we're middle aged and been together for 34+ years doesn't mean the mind and equipment has stopped working. I really thing you have to be thinking about sex or looking at another person in a sexual way for you to become aroused in that way.

As I also stated, I danced with a woman my wife and I had met just several hours prior on the nude cruise, attractive woman, we danced slow and close and I did not become aroused. Your mind has got to be engaged in that thought pattern before something like that happens. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Nekkid4ever,

I have proof that erections occur at Nudist Resort dances in which participants were nude. They have been described in peer review journals. If you will go to your local library and ask for the American Journal of Gymnosophistry Vol. 12:6 June 2000, pp. 66-121 by Falless, Tergyd, and Rhuud, you will find documentation of their 16 year hidden camera study of nudists at resort dances in which fully 17% of men between 21 and 35 experienced a partial (20 degrees from vertical or less erection and 2% of this same group were 45 or more degrees from vertical. There are unconfirmed reports of one study participant whose member was perpendicular to the ground.

I usually don't like to quote extensively from my sources, but Falless went on to say that during that 16 year study, 3 children were conceived by three separate women at the dances all from one dancer and all during a 5 minute segment of a dance to the tune "Bolero".

Nekkidforever, I have never been prouder of my 3 childen and I see them every chance I can and I make all my support payments on time.

I would caution other men not to attempt this at home. Only a select few have the stamina and cardiovascular conditioning necessary to repeat this feat and the energy to subsequently work 3 part-time jobs to make timely support payments. I therefore support the policy that Cypress Cove used to have of requiring clothing for all participants at their dances.

Comment

Well, to let you all know, I'm fifteen. I took my girlfriend to a nudist resort and there was a dance, some fast hip hop and others slow classy waltzes. Not once during one of these did I become erect.So, I guess it's different for different people, but thats my story.
                  JAITOIR

Comment

Trailscout LOL! Best to keep that tongue firmly in your own cheek!

I do have to concur with the others who report never seeing erections at nude dances. I suppose it could have happened, but it sure hasn't been prominent enough to be noticed.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Trailscout:
                      [qb] I have not done full-body-contact nude slow dancing with a girlfriend at a nudist resort. [/qb]
                      Nor have many others danced with "full-body-contact" in the nude at nudist resorts, I dare say!

At the nude dances I have seen, the nude couples leave a little space between their nude bodies, and so it is not "full-body-contact nude slow dancing", as suggested by Trailscout.

If anyone disagrees with this observation as being the usual rule, please inform us!

And no, I do not remember seeing an erection at a nudist dance. (They are more scarce than hens teeth!)

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Trailscout:
                        [qb] I usually don't like to quote extensively from my sources, but Falless went on to say that during that 16 year study, 3 children were conceived by three separate women at the dances all from one dancer and all during a 5 minute segment of a dance to the tune "Bolero". [/qb]
                        Maurice Ravel's Bolero is a very special case. The slow, incessant rhythm, gradually getting louder through the entire fifteen-minute piece with minimal harmonic distraction and masterful orchestration, is one of the most erotic things in music. (I speak with some knowledge; I hold a Bachelor's in Music and continue to play in community musical groups.) And then when the harmony abruptly changes, almost at the end, it's a truly climactic moment. This music's erotic qualities were celebrated in the movie "10" three decades ago and haven't lost any of their power.

If your intent is to diminish the possibility of sexual activity on the dance floor, you'd better not play the Bolero! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Bolaro's "fifteen minutes" of monotonous repetition irritates me adversely, so, as it is said, I would be safe on the dance floor - [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] - but I don't know how anyone could do ballroom type dancing to that symphonic type music [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] , but anyone could try (and not get into a nude knot).

Comment

Well...as long as you could SEE a fellahs erection on the dance floor at least not tooooo much would be going on...

Comment

Trailscout..You mean to tell us that you have proof of people unknowingly being filmed nude with a hidden camera under the guise of research. Kind of places suspect on the researchers. Wouldn't you agree?

And I bet you can find "sources" that will tell you that damn near every male in the world gets an erection at least 2 or 3 times a day while clothed. Should we ban our clothed activities, too.
                              Kevin Cabrera

Comment

Working...
                              X