Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss / Mrs / Ms Nude Contests

Hello,
    My wife saw that a nude place we are going to visit is going to have a nude beauty contest. I have always tried to convince her that all nude people are looked upon the same and that jewelry and such was not to be worn because it brings attention to one self. Will someone explain how this works. She says she feels a double standard here.
    Thank You
    jerrykc

Hello,
    My wife saw that a nude place we are going to visit is going to have a nude beauty contest. I have always tried to convince her that all nude people are looked upon the same and that jewelry and such was not to be worn because it brings attention to one self. Will someone explain how this works. She says she feels a double standard here.
    Thank You
    jerrykc

Comment

Well, it depends on what kind of beauty pagaent it is. If it is a faux pagaent where beauty isn't actually being judged, or one where it is simply lampooning pagaents in a familial funny way, then that is fine, but there are others that can seriously compromise the ideals of nudism.

One that was mentioned elsewhere in these forums was Ponderosa Sun Club's (I think. Correct me if I am wrong) "Nudes-a-Poppin" beauty pagaent where anadult-film star is probably the judge. This kind is just in bad taste when it involves someone in teh sex industry, an industry that nudists are trying to separate from, as an honored guest.

If that is not the type of event you want going on at a nudist park that you wish to attend, my suggestion is to not go. Try to locate one which is more to your liking and values. All parks are going to be different with difffering philosophies about nudism, dress codes, attendance, behaviour, etc.

As for your statement about jewelry not being worn, it depends on where the jewelry is and how appropriate it is. there are sone places that approve of all piercings, including genital piercings. Others, however, ban those. Each park makes it's own rules. All other jewelry, however, is usually accepted. Rings (on fingers), necklaces, anklets, bracelets, etc. are always acceptable. I can think of nowhere that bars those from being worn.

Bob S.

Comment

Thank You Bob. I think we best find another resort.Thank you for your imput.

Comment

I don’t think there is something wrong in a nude contest. There are also contests for ‘dressed’ people. I think a woman in a bathsuit of bikini on high heels (as for example the ‘morally accepted’ Miss Universe elections) is more sexually oriented (and even humiliating) than looking to a naked woman and enjoying her natural curves...

If I see a good looking young lady on the street, I will look to her, of course in all discretion and with respect. Just because it’s an enjoyable view! That has NOTHING to do with sex, that’ just human... If nobody was worried about ‘good looking’, fitness clubs and ‘diet’ food producers would have NO business...

I think this could also be translated into a 'woman' point of view.

So for me, nothing wrong with a nude contest in a nude environment, of course, if the participants don’t start posing in XXX positions...

Saludos Pedro

Comment

I'm not a woman, but let me try to look at this from a woman's perspective. "Nude contests" are generally only with women participants. Why is that? Don't get me wrong; I much prefer the female body. It just seems sexist to me that nude contests are always displaying female bodies. Just what are they judging, since there are no clothes, other than their bodies? That does not seem like the idea of true nudism to me when what they're saying is that one nude body looks better than another. True or not, that is not the idea of accepting everyone equally. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Dear nude always

I made myself the same question: why are beauty (dressed and nude) contests (almost) always with woman? I asked that same question to my wife and female friends and almost all of them answered the same: a woman is just nicer to look at than a male… I don’t think that’s sexist: a woman has her body more in her advantage than males, so why don’t use it? I suggest to rent the movie ‘Erin Brockovich’ with Julia Roberts: It is based on a real story and illustrates well my point.

Regarding your second point about the nudist concept ‘everybody is equal’. Unfortunately, the idea of ‘accepting everyone equally’ is not reality. Good looking children get better grades than other children, white colored people have more opportunities than black people, and those with more money can do much more… That’s not me who says that, just search for any sociologic report and it will be confirmed…

That in a nudist environment more people TRY to approach the ‘everyone equal’ concept, no doubt, but be honest: do you really accept everybody the same? Did you never compared? Even if everybody is nude, you can still pick out those who have more money or have a better taste: look to their sandals or flip-flops, the way they walk, how they talk…

Nude greetings form Mexico! Pedro

Comment

When our society outgrows the need for nudist resorts, then nude beauty contests will be appropriate.

One of the most important jobs of the nudist resort is to be a place where all people can be nude, (mankind's natural condition) and treated with respect and equality. I have heard people say that old people or fat people or ugly people have no right to be nude and thus offend others. Until that stops, I think beauty contests do not help the nudist cause. Our daughters, especially should be taught that they are loved and respected for their character, not their looks.

Let me contradict myself slightly and say that I do want nudist resorts to promote exercise and healthy food and discourage any smoking and drinking to excess, for the sake of our health. (We will look better for it).

To some extent, nature instinctively gives men the desire to choose beautiful mates because beauty is commonly a sign of good health and the ability to bring forth children. But you don't have to be beautiful or handsome to be my friend.

Comment

For whatever this statement is worth, I will report the statement made by my philosophy teacher years ago, which follows; The literature of the "Philosophy of Aesthetics" teaches that a curved line is more beautiful than a strait line.

Women's bodies have many more curved lines than men's bodies and thus are more beautiful.

Let us not say that men's bodies are not aesthetic, however.

Comment

I'm very aware of what reality is; I live it every day. I know that good-looking people are preferred over the rest of us. I know the rich are preferred over the poor, or over the middle class--which is where I am.

I know that no one would look at a fat homely person and envy them, but people are always envying the rich, the good-looking, and those with great bodies. Magazines are filled with beautiful people because that's what everyone whats to be, or at least we're told that's what everyone wants to be and should be.

Like everyone else, including those who won't admit it, I look and compare. Some women I'd rather not look at, and some I'd like to look at longer, but I'm afraid of being called a voyuer or something worse. I compare myself to other men and find myself sadly lacking with some, but, fortunately, they are the exception. I've found so far that most people at the nudist resort where I've been going look no better than I do. Being new at social nudism, and a bit self-conscious, I find that very reassuring.

By the way, if you're at Turtle Lake Resort in MI the second or third week of July, I'm on vacation then. I will be camping there at least a week of that time and going there in the day time every day the rest of the time. I'm also there nearly every Saturday. I'm 5'8", 178 lbs, with dark hair and beard. If you see me stop and say HI.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Fellows,
                      I don't think anyone would be offended if one of the traits you look for in a wife included beauty. I don't even think most women would marry a man they found repulsive to look at.

But it is a different matter when a nudist club we belong to deliberately sets out to sponsor a contest that categorizes people on the basis of their looks.

That's contrary to what nudism in general and body acceptance in particular is all about.

Comment

It is a mistake to make great visual beauty a requirement in choosing a mate.

If a man finds a lovely, "most wonderful" woman (very compatible, companionable, kind, intelligent, good character, personality and traits) he should know that he is extremely fortunate. If this mate just happens to have beautiful facial features and gorgeous body, he should count this as merely an extra, but really unnecessary, bonus.

Comment

Maybe I'm in the minority, but inner beauty is more important to me than outward beauty. Of course, I wouldn't want a woman I was ashamed to be seen with either. However, as I've said before I'm no prize catch. That's not putting myself down, as someone said once; it's reality.

I still say that displaying nude bodies in a "nude beauty contest" has nothing to do with true nudism. Beauty pageants judge the women on their looks, talent, and other things, not just on their bodies. A nude contest judges on only one thing--who has the best looking body. I wouldn't like the idea of having my body painted and then put on display as I've seen the INA photos either. To each their own. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Pedro said,

"That in a nudist environment more people TRY to approach the ?everyone equal? concept, no doubt, but be honest: do you really accept everybody the same? Did you never compared?
                            Even if everybody is nude, you can still pick out those who have more money or have a better taste: look to their sandals or flip-flops, the way they walk, how they talk."

Everyone makes prejudical inferences about others upon seeing them. It is a natural thing to do and not anything to be ashamed to do. The problems occur when you allow these prejudices to get in the way of finding out who this person really is or if your prejudices cause you to not get to try to know the person.

Now, understanding that, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and try to get to know others. But as for accepting them, I will accept who they are, not necessarily accept what they do or how they conduct tehmselves. I will not accept behavior that is inappropriate or against my own beliefs and values. Looks are a part of the person that I do not necessarily notice in deciding whether to befriend or get to know them. It is all in their actions.

Do I ever compare myself, physically, to others? Yes. I am not immune to the media images of the ideal male. I wish I had a more muscular build, but hey, I doubt that will ever occur.

In terms of being able to tell those who are better off, that is a bit harder while naked, but again, I do not care. I look to the person, not the material or physical body, when deciding who would be complimentary to me.

Bob S.

Comment

Bob S.,

I agree that acceptance need not extend to embracing every belief or behavior of the people around us. Let's take one of the less controversial ones: I see a lot of smoking in nudist resorts. I don't spend lots of time grabbing nudists by the collar and urging them to quit smoking, (well have you tried to grab a nudist by the collar lately?)
                              But if I have a private moment with a trusted smoking friend, you bet I will politely urge him to quit.

I honestly don't believe any man in this forum would marry a women that he thought was repulsive to look at.

In college, I never had dates with the girls who were in the beauty pageants. They were too prissy and no fun at all. I went for the back to nature outdoorsy girls. They were pretty enough to suit me, without being "high maintenance".

Comment

Working...
                              X