X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Nudism Class

I was just curious to see how many people think a college coarse in "Nudism" would do? The coarse would introduce the student to nudism, teach the student the history of nudism, and take trips to nudist resorts. Of course, the class would be "not required" for graduation. But I think this would be a great way to introduce nudism to the age range of 18-25.

Comment

Excellente

That's actually a brain-child of mine.... but it would be more of an online course. Sort of a more specifically targeted awareness with more centrally organized information.

I just wish I had free time to bring it into existence.

Comment

OK, I gotta vote in this poll.

I actually got became a nudist after going to Cypress Cove for a class field trip in "Deviant Behaviour" class while in college in Orlando, Florida. The visit got me so curious, I decided to do my termpaper on "The Nudists" which gave me a great opportunity to do "research".

The termpaper ended up being a bit biased, I got an "A" in the class, joined a club shortly thereafter, and have been a nudist now for more than 10 years. No regrets!

I guess I did get something out of college after all . . .

I wish everyone had the opportunity I did, and could see first-hand what nudism is about, without all the stereotypes and misconceptions.

Comment

I did kind of the same way Brian. I researched and wrote two papers on nudity found I really liked the concepts and became a full time nudist myself.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by BackpackerBrian:

I actually got became a nudist after going to Cypress Cove for a class field trip in "Deviant Behaviour" class while in college in Orlando, Florida.

I guess what bothers me is that the class was referring to our behavior as "deviant".

Cheri A. - who is on this board - has done college lectures and was sponsored by AANR-East at times, and TNS's Naturist Education Foundation at others.

The objective was not, I am told, to "convert" the masses but to educate young people as to what nudism is about. That way - 5, 10, 15 years down the road, when these young men and women are community leaders - they might not be our enemies. They may even be our allies.

Comment

If youre gonna have a college class involving nudist then either the class should allow students to attend nude or allow the students a chance to go someplace they can be nude so they can experience nudism and what its all about and actually have a feel for what real nudists do.

Comment

I have often dreamed of what it would be like to attend class nude. Imagine the whole class nude?

Comment

How about a class that teaches not only nudism, but includes the philospohy behind naturism as well. Bring in the information about the focus on the whole earth as a system that includes one living in harmony with the surroundings. That information may allow others to find out about the joys of just being nude in nature! A visit to a nude beach, engaging in a nude hike,and just being nude in normal circumstances would do alot to increase the awareness of those college-age individuals.

Comment

As a university professor, the class would be an elective. Could be put under the health sciences department in the wellness program, could be a special topics class in psychology "exploring new lifestyles." Lots of ways to accomplish it.

What is interesting is that we already have nude students earning extra money as life drawing models in the art classes. One of our football players has spent a ton of time nude in front of art students as just about every muscle on his body is well defined.

It would be interesting to say the least and I am sure you could fill the class.

Comment

Mikejb, I am assuming that you didnot read my whole paragraph thourgh. As you stated, I mentioned towards the end that the students would take trips to a resort to see what nudism is all about.
                      I think the class would be full every semester and would enlighten people as to why other people get naked in public places.

Comment

Just keep the tuition rate low. Many non nudist parents may not be up for paying for such a class, but maybe with an affordable cost the student would be interested enough to come up with the money.
                        Nudeinbama

Comment

I know when I was in college, I took a bowling class. The price was not as much as a regualar class but it introduced the person to the history of bowling, how to keep score (for those that didn't know), and we bowled every week for about two hours.
                          Instead of a bowling class, we should have a nudism class for serious inquiries only---not for pervs who just want to see people naked.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by usuallylurk:
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by BackpackerBrian:

I actually got became a nudist after going to Cypress Cove for a class field trip in "Deviant Behaviour" class while in college in Orlando, Florida.

I guess what bothers me is that the class was referring to our behavior as "deviant".

Yeah lurk, know what you mean . . . I couldn't choose the class name.

The definition for deviant is:
                            One that differs from a norm, especially a person whose behavior and attitudes differ from accepted social standards

Well, in that case, we are deviant . . . and that's a good thing! Too bad for all those "non believers" who are missing out!

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by NudistGuy47:
                              How about a class that teaches not only nudism, but includes the philospohy behind naturism as well. Bring in the information about the focus on the whole earth as a system that includes one living in harmony with the surroundings. That information may allow others to find out about the joys of just being nude in nature! A visit to a nude beach, engaging in a nude hike,and just being nude in normal circumstances would do alot to increase the awareness of those college-age individuals.

A very good idea! Enlighten them on the holistic side of naturism, how it benefits body, mind and spirit

Comment

Working...
                              X