Iowa Nudist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Nudist?

The Camelot Club (AANR) in Des Moines is gearing up for several winter parties this season so please come and join us. Find us at AANR.com by clicking on Regions & Clubs and then click on where it ways CLICK HERE and it will take you to the map and click on Iowa. If you send Camelot an e-mail please reference how you heard about us and your experience with being a naturist.
    We just had a great swim party at a B&B with over 35 people. Several house parties are also planned.

Maxx

Hi Maxx,

I ran across your post and am eager to join if that will be allowed. I am a single, male nudist and live in Central Iowa. Please send me any info if there is any and let me know what I must do to join.

Thanks,
    Brad C./Cosine

Comment

Your best bet is to contact the club directly. The poster of the announcement may not come back here, but someone will be "home" at the club's address.

AANR lists it as -

Camelot Club
      PO Box 65642
      West Des Moines, IA 50265

an e-mail address of = CamelotIowa@aol.com

Unfortunately, the club may have had a home page, but the AANR listed link is to a dead page. Recommendation - write them a note via snail-mail. Give your full name, real address, real phone number and time you can be contacted. Also, if you have any nudist experience (AANR or TNS membership, have visited clubs in the past) state that.

The Naturist Society lists another club - Dakota Prairie Sun Club, PO Box 264, Spirit Lake, Iowa.

The internet, and these boards, are excellent conduits for information.

BUT, they're not all that great for meeting up with other nudists, etc. The best way to meet others and to get involved in social nudism is to get out and go to a nudist park or club gathering near you.

To accomplish that, you must pick up the phone and call one of those groups near you, or write to them.

Comment

Thank you usuallylark. I will write a letter right away and go from there. I like these forums because they give me hints and tricks to find clubs, and for general etiquette for nudism.

Thanks,
        Cosine

Comment

The fact that they posted in a public forum, seeking new members, probably indicates that they will welcome your inquiry.

Please let us know how it worked out.

'lurk

Comment

To get the fastest reply if you write a real letter is to include a SASE.
            Cheri

Comment

Here is the latest scoop. I wrote a letter by hand and sent it it. Now Cheri, what is SASE? I am a little confused on that. I hope to hear something in a weeks time. I just hope they will let me join. My concern is that I am a single, male and not sure if they will let a single, male join. It was worth a try.

Thanks,
              Cosine

Comment

Sase

Self Addressed Stamped Envelope

Comment

Originally posted by Cosine View Post
                  Here is the latest scoop. I wrote a letter by hand and sent it it. Now Cheri, what is SASE? I am a little confused on that. I hope to hear something in a weeks time. I just hope they will let me join. My concern is that I am a single, male and not sure if they will let a single, male join. It was worth a try.

Thanks,
                  Cosine
                  A few more pieces of advice, particularly to single males ....

1) Sometimes you may get a phone contact (you call them, or they call you). And they may say "we have a quota for single males,, and it's filled right now..." DO NOT GET ANGRY. Thank the person for his/her time. Ask to be put on their wait list. And politely ask if there might be another group in the area that is open to you right now.

You might be pleasantly surprised with the response.

2) You may be asked as to how you found them, why you want to try it out, and what will you be expecting to find in nudism. Be prepared to answer. Remember that your screening begins, NOT when you come out to the club for an interview or your first visit -- but when the club opens your letter, or the person on the other end of the phone says "HELLO".

Comment

Thank you very much usuallylark,

This is the info that I really needed. I have heard of that, that that first letter, that first phone call is your interview you might say. Seeing what your made of and trying to choose someone interested in nudism for the right reasons. Of course I will be a little upset if I am unable to join but well not say that or give any notice that I am upset. Thanks for the great info.

Thanks,
                    Cosine

Comment

Hey everyone, still haven't heard back from the traveling club here in Iowa. I sent a email and hand written letter to the club but nothing back. I hope I hear something soon.

Thanks for all your help,
                      Cosine

Comment

Re: Iowa Nudist?

UPDATE Camelot Club in Iowa can be reached at Camelotia1@yahoo.com. Other questions about IA clubs and places to go in IA can be found on an independent site iowanudists.com

Comment

Working...
                        X