Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Lizzie Miller Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lizzie Miller

    The Belgian newspaper website De Standaard says there's a hype in the US surrounding a model named Lizzie Miller - because she posed nude in a magazine, and especially because she weighs 81 kilo = about 160 pounds.

    Most of the reactions to the picture - which was published on page 194 (!) of a magazine - are positive because readers see her as a 'real' woman, not an emaciated heroine-chic catwalk model type.

    The original picture is here, picture number 1 on the left.

    I don't know if the hype is as big as the paper claims, but it certainly sounds naturist-friendly.

  • #2
    Re: Lizzie Miller

    I think if there were more pictures like that in mainstream advertising, people would be more comfortable with who they are. It would also lead to greater acceptance of nudism. My wife at one time thought that all nudist were the skinny people. When she went to Bluebonnet Park and saw the different body styles, she was at greater ease with her own.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Lizzie Miller

      She is fat? Fashion people should look around at all the real people I see every day most of whom are more corpulent than this normally-thin woman is.

      I guess making almost all women feel bad about themselves because they are not anorexic is good for the fashion business.

      Sick! Sick! Sick!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Lizzie Miller

        I think Lizzie Miller is very attractive. At a 12-14 she's still smaller than a lot of women but so what. Beauty comes in all sizes shapes and colors.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Lizzie Miller

          Well let us all hope that Glamour listens to its readers and changes for the better. I never did find the supper skinny women attractive and hope that the siliconed skeleton will be a thing of the past in the modeling world.

          Naturally thin I do not have a problem with, starvation for the sake of "beauty" is just not right.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Lizzie Miller

            i say well done to her for furthering her career, and all she had to do was look natural

            its a very smart thing to do, and you have to respect it.....when you have stars like Kate Winslet being airbrushed thin (link 1) , Keira Knightley (2) and Emma Watson being given bigger breasts by magazines, all to public outrage, its an increibly smart thing for Ms Miller to do this at this time.

            and just to make sure, im not having a go at Ms Miller, i think its a very smart thing to do for her career and GREAT for the body acceptance of all women

            (1) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...nity-Fair.html

            (2) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rate-girl.html

            (3) http://www.mopo.ca/uploaded_images/E...son-713680.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Lizzie Miller

              I just googled Lizzie Miller and got one that said "Lizzie Miller is a plus sized model......" Having a belly that sticks out when you sit in an unflattering position makes one plus sized?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Lizzie Miller

                Originally posted by Fitz1980 View Post
                I just googled Lizzie Miller and got one that said "Lizzie Miller is a plus sized model......" Having a belly that sticks out when you sit in an unflattering position makes one plus sized?
                Yep. Over size 2 is plus size for models.

                Is it any wonder that our kids have devastating levels of body dysmorphic syndrome?

                But it is very encouraging to read how positively Lizzie Miller's photos have been received by the public.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Lizzie Miller

                  Originally posted by jason_boomer23 View Post
                  i say well done to her for furthering her career, and all she had to do was look natural

                  its a very smart thing to do, and you have to respect it.....when you have stars like Kate Winslet being airbrushed thin (link 1) , Keira Knightley (2) and Emma Watson being given bigger breasts by magazines, all to public outrage, its an increibly smart thing for Ms Miller to do this at this time.

                  and just to make sure, im not having a go at Ms Miller, i think its a very smart thing to do for her career and GREAT for the body acceptance of all women

                  (1) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...nity-Fair.html

                  (2) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rate-girl.html

                  (3) http://www.mopo.ca/uploaded_images/E...son-713680.jpg
                  Regarding the Kate Winslet pic... it looks more like they Photoshopped her head onto a manikin. That's beauty?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Lizzie Miller

                    Originally posted by Fitz1980 View Post
                    I just googled Lizzie Miller and got one that said "Lizzie Miller is a plus sized model......" Having a belly that sticks out when you sit in an unflattering position makes one plus sized?
                    I saw an interview with her on "Today". SHe's plus size because she's 6'=0" tall. And a size 12-14. A big girl. GHood on her for being so comfortable in her own skin. Jamie Lee Curtis did a great phot shoot a few years ago with regular Jamie and Glam Jamie. It also was well received.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Lizzie Miller

                      Originally posted by owl_tn View Post
                      Regarding the Kate Winslet pic... it looks more like they Photoshopped her head onto a manikin. That's beauty?
                      yeah i know, its madness, she is a beautiful woman who has no problem with nudity on film, in all her full bodied glory...........yet in a photo she allows this to be done, its such a shame

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Lizzie Miller

                        From C&L:

                        Objects in the Mirror

                        Have a good look at these two women, both wearing the same bathing suit. Which one, in your opinion, would you consider as ‘sexier’?



                        Now, which one do you suppose was raved over as being 'sensational' by judges of one of those ubiquitous ‘I wanna be a supermodel’ type reality shows, and which one was reduced to tears after being harshly criticized for not taking her diet and exercise regime seriously?

                        Go on... guess…

                        Yeah, wasn’t hard, was it? The girl on the left, British yummy mummy Jen Hunter, was 24, and at 5’11” and 11 stone (that’s 154 pounds or just under 70 kilos for the rest of us) was told by a judge who is the managing director of a modeling agency that her legs were ‘stocky’ and scolded by former supermodel Rachel Hunter (no relation) for being ‘fat, lazy and greedy.’

                        Read the rest ...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Lizzie Miller

                          Wow. Lizzie is beautiful !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Lizzie Miller

                            Lizzie is definitely beautiful! I know several tall attractive women, and one thing they all say is some men are intimidated by tall women. Some maybe, but definitely but not all of us!

                            Perhaps the man who made the comments on Lizzie's legs was one of those who are intimidated by a tall woman?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X