Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man faces 15 years in prison for being naked on front porch.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man faces 15 years in prison for being naked on front porch.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,3212257.story

And here's the Fark thread on the story.

This story can be read two ways: this is a creepy guy who likes exposing himself to children, or he's a guy who likes to be naked and has been spotted a couple of times - this time by the wrong person. The report, I think, tries to steer the reader's opinion toward the first choice.

And THIS is a prime example of why nudists are so paranoid in the USA. The wrong person spots you and complains to the police, and *BAM* you're looking at prison time and being a registered sex offender.

- Jasen.

Re: Man faces 15 years in prison for being naked on front porch.

Originally posted by jasenj View Post
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,3212257.story

And here's the Fark thread on the story.

This story can be read two ways: this is a creepy guy who likes exposing himself to children, or he's a guy who likes to be naked and has been spotted a couple of times - this time by the wrong person. The report, I think, tries to steer the reader's opinion toward the first choice.

And THIS is a prime example of why nudists are so paranoid in the USA. The wrong person spots you and complains to the police, and *BAM* you're looking at prison time and being a registered sex offender.

- Jasen.
    I agree with you about the 2 ways this story can be slanted.

We may be so casual about our nudity, that we wonder what's wrong with stepping out on our front porch, and we wouldn't be mortified if someone got a glimpse.

On the other hand, there are laws. If we don't follow the laws, we may have to pay the price.

At worst, this guy was purposefully exposing himself. At best, he simply used bad judgement.

Better to err on the side of caution......

Comment

If i were a police officer called to investigate this ,taking into consideration ,prior complaints an the validity of the current complaint. I would arrest this person an give him his day in court.please keep us posted as to his defense, in this case the old saying a good run may be better than a bad stand.

Comment

Even in a more tolerant society this kind of behaviour would still be of concern. From (1) previous police reports of his behaviour he seems to have a (2) pattern of targeting juveniles for his exhibitionism and it seems (3) he may be be a school board employee - which would concern to me as a parent. I think it behooves all nudists to exercise good judgment and not 'force' their nudity on unsuspecting members of the public. Tolerance of some form of non-standard behaviour does not imply it is welcomed by the main-stream. I suspect that this guy is not the sort of nudist that most members here are. It would be wrong to refer to him as a nudist.

Still, 15 years sounds excessive to me. Can you remember the sort of person you were 15 years ago? Would spending 15 years in prison result in your being a better or safer person? Some sort of long term very closely supervised parole or similar sort of forced arrangement would probably be more appropriate. There must be stats available on which behaviour modification techniques work best to protect society. I am pretty sure it is not jail.

Comment

Originally posted by NudePete View Post
          It would be wrong to refer to him as a nudist.
          I think the article said he worked for maintenance at the school. One of the comments on the article mentioned the school is the largest employer in the county.

Anyway. Another interpretation could be:
          The guy is a nudist. He goes naked at home. Maybe he visits Haulover. He has a habit of standing outside at night to enjoy the night air - because he lives in an apartment complex and doesn't have a backyard or other private area. He tends to keep a close eye on the surrounding area and has a good feel for the various lines of sight. Despite this, he's been seen a few times. The people (kids) who saw him reported it to the police. But when the witnesses heard the severity of the penalty, they chose not to file a formal complaint (uncooperative witnesses from the article).

On the night in question the guy was standing outside. He heard the family come home, but knew they couldn't see him. The girl, however, unexpectedly ran into his line of sight. He didn't cover himself because... well, the damage was done, what's the point of cowering or hiding?

I'm not saying the guy hasn't shown poor judgement. He could be a creepy exhibitionist. But in my experience with events I have first hand knowledge of, newspaper articles often tend to get things about half-wrong.

My expectation is that the DA will scare this guy into plea bargaining down to some kind of charge that makes the DA look good and let's this guy avoid registering as a sex offender - regardless of the truth of the matter.

Comment

Sounds as though the guy didn't do anything indecent. He was just naked on his porch. Is that treated as being indecent in Florida? Wonder what chapter in the book of superstition they took that law then? All the people who made such a law should go home and pray to God and ask him WHY He made our bodies so indecent. Pray in a bunker or somewhere that can't be hit by lightning.

What links being naked with being a sex offender? Another chapter in the book of superstition?

Our society is screwed up.

Comment

"Because of uncooperative witnesses, Lynn faced no charges in incidents in 2010 and 2011. The 2011 case also involved Lynn exposing himself to neighborhood juveniles, the report said. No other details were available Sunday afternoon."

This guys been caught by authorities twice before. To be caught nude again, he is either incredibly stupid or more likely the exhibitionist that he appears to be.

Of course 15 years is crazy. He'd would do less time if he'd killer her.

Comment

Originally posted by paul1961 View Post
                "Because of uncooperative witnesses, Lynn faced no charges in incidents in 2010 and 2011. The 2011 case also involved Lynn exposing himself to neighborhood juveniles, the report said. No other details were available Sunday afternoon."

This guys been caught by authorities twice before. To be caught nude again, he is either incredibly stupid or more likely the exhibitionist that he appears to be.

Of course 15 years is crazy. He'd would do less time if he'd killer her.
                (sarcasm)
                Gee, paul1961 .... you seem to be going against the grain here....

I mean, we have a Constitutional right to be nude anywhere we like, right?

Maybe CFI members should take up a collection for this guy's legal expenses.

How much can I put you down for?

(sarcasm off)

Comment

I believe this man knew what he was doing and what he was doing was not right. We all know that the general population does not want to see us when we are naked. They don't care that we enjoy being nude, don't understand why we want to be nude, and want us to enjoy our nudity far away from them where they don't have to be a witness to it. This man has been "caught" several times and has been warned I'm sure by authorities as well to stop this behavior yet he does not do so. He obviousiouly wants to be seen and is probablity getting some kind of thrill from the attention. This is not what we as nudists are about. I agree he does not deserve to be put in jail for this offence, but some kind of sanction needs to be given since he does not seem to understand that he can't be naked out on his front porch while there are people around, espeically children, who do not want to see this type of activity.

Comment

Working...
                  X