Dear Abby | Teen nudity bothers dad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Abby | Teen nudity bothers dad

They also “air dry” after showers by walking around in towels, sometimes watching TV or goofing off for hours while in their towels. When going out, they get naked in the bathroom, fixing their hair, shaving, brushing their teeth, etc. It’s like a big “nude fest” with them and their friends.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/09...#storylink=cpy

Re: Dear Abby | Teen nudity bothers dad

would that all teenagers were that comfortable with nudity. most of them sure aren't, at least here in the deep south. the two kids in the dear abby letter are from kentucky; maybe it's a regional thing ... ?

Comment

If dad is happy that they "are comfortable with their bodies and who they are," and doesn't suspect it's anything sexual (I believe him), then, what is his problem?

I suspect he's simply projecting his OWN discomfort (his level of modesty) in such a situations onto his sons, which is silly.

Chill, dad.

Comment

With the excessive modesty of the under 40 crowd at the gym, and the fact the most high schools don't even require showering after gym class, it is refreshing to see that a group of young men can be so comfortable with nudity. I hope that this is a sign that the pendulum is swinging back towards sanity.

I have three boys ages 12 to 21 and I would not be the least bit uncomfortable with this situation. I have fond memories of my own teenage years of swimming naked and hanging out with my friends nude or with just a towel. He should enjoy the fact that his boys are growing up without the hang-ups that many kids have with nudity

Comment

Right on, Hikenaked. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Since nuovo restarted this thread and the original link no loner works, Here is a link to the archived Dear Abby question and answer.

Bob S.

Comment

Working...
            X