Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru commercial

From youtube:

Typical kid behaviour, but I would be furious at the mother as a child care teacher. It has nothing to do with her son's actions, but with her lying to me. Don't tell me your child is innocent if he isn't.

Bob S.

Re: Subaru commercial

I saw this a couple of times on tv ,very funny,kid having a good time,mom is ok with it till car time is over an has extra clothes to satisfy prudes.

Comment

I thought it was pretty funny

Comment

I wish I knew where to find the song that played.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob S. View Post
          Typical kid behaviour, but I would be furious at the mother as a child care teacher. It has nothing to do with her son's actions, but with her lying to me. Don't tell me your child is innocent if he isn't.
          I'll depart from the child's obvious wish to be nude and make the following observation on your disdain for the mother:

In my opinion, parents let kids do whatever they want because it's EASIER than disciplining kids and teaching them appropriate behavior. Such parents are shirking their responsibilities.

This example was played to be cute. We're to assume the kid is in the habit of stripping any time the mood strikes him. But, in the end, such parents wind up with kids no one wants to be around.

I've seen a number of kids who were just plain obnoxious -- that is not their fault. It's the parents'.

Comment

Originally posted by simonsebs View Post
            I wish I knew where to find the song that played.
            Caroline Williams it appears:

http://www.popisms.com/TelevisionCom...ster-2013.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Bob S. View Post

Bob S.
              She didn't speak to the kid's teacher in the commercial, so how did she lie to him or her? She did tell a little white lie to the host of the birthday party her kid was at. It was a one time occurrence. No harm was done.

I'm surprised no one has brought up the best line in the commercial, where the mom says "If I gotta wear clothes, you gotta wear clothes." That was a pretty intriguing statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Procrastinator View Post
                She didn't speak to the kid's teacher in the commercial, so how did she lie to him or her?
                When the Mom is on the phone, apparently being informed that the kid ditched his clothes ("I might have some clothes in the car."), she first says "He did what now? No, he's never done that before."

I think that's the lie the OP is referring to -- because, as we've just seen, the kid doesn't want to stay dressed.

(I'm still trying to figure out if the "Happy Birthday" banner on the house is at all relevant.)

Comment

Originally posted by Home Nudist View Post
                  When the Mom is on the phone, apparently being informed that the kid ditched his clothes ("I might have some clothes in the car."), she first says "He did what now? No, he's never done that before."

I think that's the lie the OP is referring to -- because, as we've just seen, the kid doesn't want to stay dressed.

(I'm still trying to figure out if the "Happy Birthday" banner on the house is at all relevant.)
                  The Happy Birthday banner is relevant because the kid is at the birthday party and the mom is talking to the host on her phone. She 'covers' for the kid, then say's "I might have some clothes in the car" (knowing she has a stockpile), then takes the clothes into the house where the party is happening. There is no contact with a teacher. Watch the video again.

Comment

The Happy Birthday banner is relevant because the kid is at the birthday party and the mom is talking to the host on her phone. She 'covers' for the kid, then say's "I might have some clothes in the car" (knowing she has a stockpile), then takes the clothes into the house where the party is happening. There is no contact with a teacher. Watch the video again.
                    I watched it several times.

Possibly you are right. But, the kid starts stripping on the way to school, so it seemed logical to me that the teacher was calling the Mom.

If it was the same day, I did not infer that the kid was at a birthday party. There seems to be no connection to a party and the beginning of the commercial where they're on the way to school -- Unless, it's supposed to imply that, NOW he's at a party, and the kid ALWAYS strips.

So, by the "Happy Birthday" banner alone, we're supposed to infer that he's at a party. The banner (in the background) is the only clue.

That's a leap in logic I didn't make, taking into consideration that they were on the way to school in the beginning.

As for the lie, it would seem that the OP thought as I did: The kid was stripping at school, and Mom denies the habit -- which she does, regardless of who was calling her.

Comment

I think the commercial is a condensed version of the kid's day, showing that he's always stripping - school first, then a party later. There's only so much detail that you can fit into a 30 second commercial.

Comment

I think the commercial is a condensed version of the kid's day, showing that he's always stripping - school first, then a party later. There's only so much detail that you can fit into a 30 second commercial.
                        Agree.....

Comment

Procrastinator: "She didn't speak to the kid's teacher in the commercial, so how did she lie to him or her? She did tell a little white lie to the host of the birthday party her kid was at."

I admit that it may not have been the school, but a different day. I can't see it being the same day, but I also don't see it as a little white lie. If she wants to drop off her son at a party where she will not be staying, she needs to tell the parents what to expect so the parents can be prepared. So whether it was the teacher or other parents, the ease at which she lied was what irked me. I would also like to know what the boy did with his clothes that he needed a clean set.

Procrastinator: "I'm surprised no one has brought up the best line in the commercial, where the mom says "If I gotta wear clothes, you gotta wear clothes." That was a pretty intriguing statement."

It sounds like a mother who is too busy to tell her son why he needs to be dressed. That answer she gave is a lazy answer. Even a two-year-old can understand something a bit more complex than what she stated.

Bob S.

Comment

It's just a humorous commercial, for crying out loud.

Comment

It's just a humorous commercial, for crying out loud.
                              AMEN Why do some people have to turn even the simplest thing into a debate?

Comment

Working...
                              X