Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three girls arrested after skinny dipping

Three girls arrested after skinny dipping

Not really sure what to think about this one. If the girls were drunk and resisting arrest then they should have gone to jail. But if what the girls say is true then the police should have done a better job as well.

Originally posted by simonsebs:

Not really sure what to think about this one. If the girls were drunk and resisting arrest then they should have gone to jail. But if what the girls say is true then the police should have done a better job as well.
    It's another case of the blue gun thugs creating a "crime" for the purpose of assaulting and arresting someone. They ought to be minding their own f'ing business and nobody's life would have been disturbed.

Blessings
    Bob

Comment

I think that the girls in this story were doing something that they were not supposed to be doing and got scared when the cops arrived and tried to flee. Being naked was not why the police were called, a disturbance at the elementry school at one in the morning was. The cops caught them and reacted harshly because the girls tried to flee. What happened at the station is wrong, the cops should have at least offered a blanket to each of the girls, and the photos seem to be for themselves to pass around the office, but we have all seen mug shots and they are usually from the shoulders up and all the girls found a top before they were caught.

Comment

Seems to me that "naked" was not the issue here....

....Drunk and disorderly was the issue.

Comment

Wow! This is definitely shocking! I don't know if there are any anti-nudity laws in effect in Vancouver. But as far as how the girls were treated inside the police station and jail cells, that was totally uncalled for. Even if they broke such anti-nudity laws, they had no right to be "put on display" to the other inmates as well as photographed by the male officers. This almost sounds like a deliberate attempt to humiliate the girls with the purpose of teaching them a lesson. I could be wrong, but it just seems like it. In my opinion, the police acted quite unprofessional in handling the situation. I hope the girls are successful with their complaint. I am a little undecided about the girl who apparently fled from the scene. Whether she was attempting to escape or not is unknown to me still.

Ken Palmer

Originally posted by simonsebs:

Comment

I would like to know the outcome of this after the internal police department investigation is completed. If it holds up, this sounds like clear abuse of authority.

Comment

Like most public nudity incidents that don't involve actual nudists or protesters this appears to be alcohol related. Chances are these arrests are the result of out of control drunken behavior, and the allegations of misconduct are just the result of police dealing with unruly intoxicated individuals.

However, the filing of various disorderly conduct charges is typical of nudity arrests where the authorities are aware that the nudity charges are specious and likely to be thrown out. This suggests the "drunken" or "disorderly" behavior may have been less than advertised - the charges being a mere tactic.

The rough treatment of young women is likely to shock the community if investigation supports their allegations, that type of police behavior is only tolerated when the suspects are minorities.

Comment

If it was just a case of skinny dipping then that does seem a bit harsh - a severe warning or a ticket should have sufficed. But as Mark suggests, there may have been more to this case than has been reported. Maybe they were drunk and being generally disorderly in other ways or abusive and unco-operative to the police.

Anyway, they'll have their day in court.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu2630:
                  If it was just a case of skinny dipping then that does seem a bit harsh - a severe warning or a ticket should have sufficed. But as Mark suggests, there may have been more to this case than has been reported. Maybe they were drunk and being generally disorderly in other ways or abusive and unco-operative to the police.
                  I am at a loss to understand how being drunk and "disorderly" is harming anyone at all, nor why the police need to brutally arrest and jail someone who was happily drunk and minding her own business.

Anyway, they'll have their day in court.
                  Stu
                  The harm to the young women has already been done. They were assaulted, captured, chained, caged, humilitated, and brutalized. How is a "day in court" supposed to right the wrong that has been done to them?

Blessings

Bob

Comment

once more "justice" is done. murder? you may every well get away with. robbery? not a problem.
                    drink a beer? you will do time. don't wear a seatbelt? pay big bucks.
                    go skinny dipping? omg! the cops just wanted a freebie and they refused i would say.
                    i knew of one cop who would pull over females,and if they did oral on him no ticket was issued. after three women complained,he was transfered to another city.
                    wonder why they call them "pigs"?
                    why is this true? all they want is money. murderers and robbery cost the state money. seat belt,or "indecent exposure" and in many cases dui; is money in their pocket.
                    get a lawer,once they see it will cost more then they gain,they drop cases like flys touring a pesticide plant.

Comment

i knew of one cop who would pull over females,and if they did oral on him no ticket was issued. after three women complained,he was transfered to another city.
                      wonder why they call them "pigs"?
                      I have noticed that a lot of Americans and Canadians seem to some bad experiences with, and a pretty poor opinion, of their police, Ours aren't saints by any means but they do generally enjoy the trust and support of most law-abiding people.

I note that the title of the article is "three girls arrested AFTER skinnydipping" and not "three girls arrested FOR skinnydipping", which makes me wonder if there was other behaviour involved which culminated in their arrest. Of course we can't know that because we weren't there.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod:
                        What happened at the station is wrong, the cops should have at least offered a blanket to each of the girls, and the photos seem to be for themselves to pass around the office, but we have all seen mug shots and they are usually from the shoulders up and all the girls found a top before they were caught.
                        Absolutely right. Whatever crime they were arrested for, it does not allow them to be deprived of their dignity. Skinnydipping is one thing, but their being naked at the time of apprehension does not remove their right to be dressed if arrested. And the photos that were taken definitely should have not revealed their nakedness. Just because the perpetrators were naked in public does not give the police the right to drag their nakedness into the public eye. Any alleged guilt on the girls' part is separate from this.

Comment

Working...
                        X