Winter Solstice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Solstice

This Sunday is December 21 -- the shortest day of the year, the longest night; the least amount of light, the greatest amount of darkness.

As a Christian I'll probably go to church, celebrate the Fourth Sunday of Advent.

As a naked Christian, I'm inclined to go someplace where I can be naked, soak in a hot tub, meditate, read, write in my journal, while letting my skin breathe ... If I can.

Who else has plans for honoring the Solstice? Are you able to do so naked?

WN

Originally posted by WriteNaked View Post
    Who else has plans for honoring the Solstice?
    WN
    The Ethical Society of St. Louis is celebrating two days early. It is called Good Cheer and Winter Festival.

http://www.ethicalstl.org/

Comment

All I know is that it's 6 more months till summer... can't wait, I hate the cold!

Comment

bring on summer! please!

Comment

As a nudist in RI, I will celebrate it by probably shoveling snow (just saw the forecast for the weekend) and definetly not in the nude (brrr). I will celebrate it as the days now will be turning and staying lighter longer and summer will soon be here (not soon enough) I can dream can't I !!!

Comment

Yule

Yule is also a pagan holiday, or sabbat. My coven will be at my place celebrating. Some will be nude. Our celebration will continue with a potluck meal and plenty of beverages. Someone makes mead. I keep liquor, wine and beer on hand.

What better way to celebrate the rebirth of the Sun God than nude, a meal and fellowship with friends?

I have a large house so if someone over indulges there is a safe and warm place to recover.

Comment

I'm planning on celebrating the day the sun crosses the equitorial plan by getting naked and contemplating the coming spring.

Dave

Comment

I'll be at work that day. And I'm off to warm, sunny Mexico the day after that...

Comment

I think I will at least light a candle on Sunday. I might also go to a carol sing that is being held in town that day. Alternatively, curling up in front of the warm fireplace is also attractive. It has been difficult to stay warm around here lately with sub-arctic temps.

I drive out of town two days per week. Up here in the north, we have four hours of sunrise, followed by four hours of sunset. Dawn seems to start just before 9:00 a.m. I for one will be glad to see the return of the sunshine! Fortunately, we do get bright sparkly days for a few hours anyway.

Comment

The Winter Solstice is a yearly psychological turning point for me. Even though in our part of the US with the first longer days come the coldest days. But they are brighter and that's a good thing.
                    My wife and I will celebrate it nude in the hot tub.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
                      All I know is that it's 6 more months till summer... can't wait, I hate the cold!
                      Think of the winter solstice as the progression towards summer. The rebirth of the light and the slow ascent to it's dominance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris Drakon View Post
                        Think of the winter solstice as the progression towards summer. The rebirth of the light and the slow ascent to it's dominance.
                        Amen! Around here, people start noticing the increased light in about February. Moods lighten, and there is a general increase in well-being.....even if it is -40C at the time! The light is returning. That is all that matters right now.

I am starting to notice little extra bits of light at the beginning and ends of the days. Yay.

Comment

Working...
                        X