Acceptemce of single male nudists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptemce of single male nudists

I saw today a raging argument on male nudits doing other than acceptable acts on nudist beaches and the language debasing single male nudists. Yet one person came to the defense and made a very good point.

Jesus was single! And Jesus also walked naked among the people. So if Jesus can do it and not be focused on his genitels then why can't another male? In face there are many male single nudists that do not focus on genetiles and behave most respectably.

There are always that few that make the rest look bad and we singles are always judged by those but can we recognize the rest that are acceptable and do so with out prejudice ??

I saw today a raging argument on male nudits doing other than acceptable acts on nudist beaches and the language debasing single male nudists. Yet one person came to the defense and made a very good point.

Jesus was single! And Jesus also walked naked among the people. So if Jesus can do it and not be focused on his genitels then why can't another male? In face there are many male single nudists that do not focus on genetiles and behave most respectably.

There are always that few that make the rest look bad and we singles are always judged by those but can we recognize the rest that are acceptable and do so with out prejudice ??

Comment

Thank you for your question, Rabid_Clam.

I'm actually finding this single male thing really funny, in a sad kind of way.

I am a gay man, but I have absolutely NO interest in public sex on a beach with other gay men. Sexually, I suppose, I am extraordinarily vanilla....

I am also in a long term, committed relationship with someone who would rather stick needles in his eyes than be caught dead naked in public (I'd even go so far as to say, if he didn't have clean underwear on, he'd refuse to go to the emergency room after a traffic accident without stopping to buy new tighty whiteys....)

Single men, of either sexual orientation, are, as a group, labelled by society as more lecherous and predatory when it comes to sex, and I think it is an unfair labelling, but it is what it is.

So I find myself in this odd situation - I'm gay yet sexually repressed (compared to what the rest of the world thinks gay men are like), I'm married, not single, but if I go to a nude resort, its going to be alone since a herd of elephants couldn't drag the SigOther along.

Am I going to find myself tarnished with a very wide brush, when in fact, everything about me screams "absolutely safe around women, men, children and families"?

In fact, my interest in nudism stems from a desire for personal growth, meditation, connecting spiritually with nature. I couldn't think of anyone less likely to cause problems for other people.

But, as someone will no doubt point out, life isn't fair, the actions of a few bad apples always taint the freedoms of the rest of us, and so, just get used to it.....

Comment

I heard a friend mention that he went with another man to a naturist club and got raked over the coals because they were coming alone--they both have wifes who do not care to participate in naturist activities. They were then told that if they had come as a couple, there would not have been a problem. So, all us single straight men out there, it sounds like to be accepted into naturist clubs we need to pose as gay couples.

Comment

These comments are most interesting. As a single male and a nudist I have no desire to display my sexuality in public at any nudist gathering. It is not what we gather for and is not a welcome circumstance.

Is a shame to be labeled gay or labeled as anything. There is no need to label any one other than a person who has shed the textiles in an acceptable social setting.

There are always those who read more into any thing than what is there and they go unleashed on this subject at our expense.

Sad.

Comment

Fibbing on any application to visit or become a member at any sanctioned or affiliated club can result in you being banned from all affiliated clubs or resorts across the country. [Called the Black Ball List]

Posing as a single gender gay couple will not get you very far in the southern or Bible belt area nudist clubs.

Some mid west and southern Nudist Resorts do not accept singles or couples unless married and opposite genders.

Orientation and being single seem not to be a problem at large western or southeastern clubs in CA, and FL. Generally.

As far as I know orientation is not a question or on an information sheet or membership application, or should it be asked or told at any time as a perquisite to admission or membership.

Not sure about State rules on this or what private enterprise can ask or require you to check or confirm.

Comment

Most nudist clubs are single friendly if you approach the club in a polite manner without a chip on your shoulder.

Very few parks have ever denied entrance to one of my single Travelites/AANR members.

Cheri

Comment

Hello Cheri. I do know of at least one nudist club that will not accept singles under any circumstances whatsoever. It is called Gymno-vita Park in Alabama. I had written them a letter a few years back simply to inquire about the club. I indicated I would possibly be interested in visited them if I were ever travelling in the area. In response, I received a firm letter stating they do not accept singles to the park unless I were accompanied by a member of the opposite sex. So, there are some folks I do not plan on visiting unless I can come up with either a girlfriend or wife. Other than that, I have visited three clubs here in Southern California and one in Florida back in the summer of 2000. They welcomed me with open arms.

Ken Palmer

quote:
                Originally posted by Cheri:
                Most nudist clubs are single friendly if you approach the club in a polite manner without a chip on your shoulder.

Very few parks have ever denied entrance to one of my single Travelites/AANR members.

Cheri

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Ken Palmer:
                  Hello Cheri. I do know of at least one nudist club that will not accept singles under any circumstances whatsoever. It is called Gymno-vita Park in Alabama. I had written them a letter a few years back simply to inquire about the club. I indicated I would possibly be interested in visited them if I were ever travelling in the area. In response, I received a firm letter stating they do not accept singles to the park unless I were accompanied by a member of the opposite sex. So, there are some folks I do not plan on visiting unless I can come up with either a girlfriend or wife. Other than that, I have visited three clubs here in Southern California and one in Florida back in the summer of 2000. They welcomed me with open arms.

Ken Palmer

quote:
                  Originally posted by Cheri:

Cheri

Ken, I said MOST. I know about GymnoVita as well as Sunair.
                  Cheri

Comment

quote:
                    So, all us single straight men out there, it sounds like to be accepted into naturist clubs we need to pose as gay couples.
                    Swimguy

Okay, I'm sorry, but that is such a hoot!

There was a time, not so long ago, that to be accepted in society at all, gay men had to pose as part of a straight couple in just about any circumstance.

Apparently, there are some places where gay men are thought more highly of than single straight men....and not just at antique fairs, fashion design schools and interior decorating conventions.

(its okay. i'm allowed to stereotype, since its my "protected status" i'm poking fun at...)

NakedGary:
                    CA is one of very few states that has legislations protecting the rights of gay men (and lesbians), in housing, employment etc, and of course, its one of about three that have Domestic Partnerships at the State level. But, as the Supreme Court has often acknowledged, for example about the Boy Scouts of America, a private membership group has the right to regulate its membership as it sees fit (the exception being racial origin).

So a club can decide, without sanction, to be heterosexual couples only. The flip side, of course, is that it can also decide to be "gay male only" too.

But as Rabid_Clam says, it shouldn't matter what your background, orientation, gender, race, age etc is....all that should matter is that you are interested in, and enjoy, social nude recreation.

fsnMike

Comment

quote:
                      Cheri

Add to those,
                      Blue Lake Resort in Illinois
                      Woodlot Naturist Retreat in Illinois
                      Forty Acres Club in Missouri

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by David77:
                        quote:
                        Cheri

Add to those,
                        Blue Lake Resort in Illinois
                        Woodlot Naturist Retreat in Illinois
                        Forty Acres Club in Missouri

40 Acres has allowed singles of my club to visit several times as well as Blue Lake. I don't know anything about Woodlot.
                        Cheri

Comment

I dn't like the fact that resorts won't allow single males in, after all when I'm 18, I will be a single nudist looking for a resort.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by unclothed:
                            I dn't like the fact that resorts won't allow single males in, after all when I'm 18, I will be a single nudist looking for a resort.

If you've been going with your family, you "should" have no problem in visiting by yourself. Additionally, if you family belongs to AANR, they can get you a Legacy membership that will date the beginning date of yours so you get your own card. The price is $25.
                            Cheri

Comment

quote:
                              [Quote by Swimguy]
                              So, all us single straight men out there, it sounds like to be accepted into naturist clubs we need to pose as gay couples.

quote:
                              [Quote by freesobernaked] CA is one of very few states that has legislations protecting the rights of gay men (and lesbians), in housing, employment etc, and of course, its one of about three that have Domestic Partnerships at the State level. But, as the Supreme Court has often acknowledged, for example about the Boy Scouts of America, a private membership group has the right to regulate its membership as it sees fit (the exception being racial origin).

So a club can decide, without sanction, to be heterosexual couples only. The flip side, of course, is that it can also decide to be "gay male only" too.

Thanks "freesobernaked" bringing the forum up to date on legislations and state rights of gays and lesbians, and how nudist resorts may legally restrict or target who they want in private enterprise.

I guess that’s why Palms Springs and parts of Florida are considered the gay and lesbian Mecca’s of the West & Los Angeles, and the East coast.

Palm Springs has 75+ clothing optional, clothes free and, or nude alternate lifestyle resorts, clubs, hotels, apartments, flats, facilities, night clubs, and bath houses, but only 4-6 listed as AANR/TNS sanctioned nudist, clothing optional resorts or clubs on the web, CFI's nudist explorer, or AANR/TNS web site or sanctioned or approved lists.

I assume Florida's alternate lifestyle nude or clothing optional Mecca and facilities are the same but not widely known by the public.

Comment

Working...
                              X