God and nudism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God and nudism

It would seem as though most topics on this site involve strongly beliveing in god. I dont really understand what nudism has to to with god because i have acceptted the fact that God is nothing more than an idea that we thought of a long time ago. but I also strongly belive in being a nudist.

so will someone plz explain to me what god has to do with nudism.

I apologise if this somhow offended anybody.

Nudism has nothing to do with God except that some of us believe that God made us naked.

Lots of people bring up the "is it okay to go naked?" question regarding their religion, because most either haven't been taught about nudism at all or have been taught wrongly. So, many harbor feelings of guilt associated with being naked.

I really believe that the book of Thomas likely quoted Jesus correctly in saying that until we can lay our clothes down at our feet and be completely unashamed can we follow Him.

Comment

I personally believe in god. He made us in his image and we should be proud of ourselves. He made us nude and no clothes were needed. We are born nude and should stay that way.

Comment

You don't have to believe in GOD to be a naturist (obviously) but there is zero conflict between GOD and naturism. Certain pastors, congregations, etc. try and create a conflict but it isn't necessary. As for me I do believe in GOD and I know he is cool with nudism.

Comment

I agree with what has been said before. There is no conflict with God and nudism. My belief is that the conflict is between man-nade (yes I mean man) religion and nudism. Religion and "The Church" have been major agents of social control. I believe this is where the conflict comes in.

For the record, I am an active member of a church and recognize that there are many ways to express spirituality and faith. Often that has nothing to do with "The Church".

Comment

Originally posted by pioneer:
            ...i have acceptted the fact that God is nothing more than an idea that we thought of a long time ago. but I also strongly belive in being a nudist.

so will someone plz explain to me what god has to do with nudism.
            If God is not a fact, then the lack of God can't be factual either. Ideas are simply ideas, beliefs are beliefs. Some things just can't be proven....therefore exists the word "faith".

To answer your inquiry....God has little to nothing to do with nudism. What does nudism have to do with tabasco sauce? Not much. Different categories.

Maybe there is a link because nudism is somewhat of a liberating and therefore spirit-lifting (aka spiritual) experience. In that sense God is in the same category.

If you "strongly believe in nudism" then you can understand why others would subscribe to a certain philosophy and remain loyal to it despite what others would say against it. People can't convince you to stop believing in nudism, likewise people can't be expected to stop believing in God.

I believe in God, but I try to avoid religious topics in here. I find they get too heated and people start tossing around hateful comments in both directions.

Ooops.....I just answerd to a post with "God" in it...and oops....you just prepetuated the reality

Comment

Originally posted by pioneer:
              ...i have acceptted the fact that God is nothing more than an idea that we thought of a long time ago.
              Since no way has been identified to factually know whether or not there's a God, taking a position either way requires a leap of faith. Belief in God and atheism are flip sides of the same coin; they're both logically unprovable belief systems. When we pick one as our belief system, we're essentially choosing the one that requires the smaller leap of faith for us.

Comment

I suspect the gods of the site will reach out and pluck this topic thread from this category and drop it into the nudity and religion thread where it belongs.

Being a fundamentalist at heart I will take that event as evidence of the existance of those gods and their interest in and ability to tamper in our actions. I will seek to appease them by nude frolic for the remainder of the day.

As to that which we call God. Several excellent points were made. There is no undebatable, scientific way to prove or disprove the existance of that being. People make choices based on their upbringing, exposure to ideas, yearnings for some sort of eternal truth about the human condition and so forth as to what sort of God they shall worship.

Personally, I doubt that even that spit-fire, evil old fraticidal, infanticidal, homicidal, racist, sexist, selfish and insecure old goat of a god from the old testament would care if people went nude or not...not with seas to part, walls to crumble and tribes to destroy.

And surely, that sweet new testament guy that is fretting about fallen sparrows would not have much interest in our nudity, particularly since he didn't set us up with an account at Macys or Men's Warehouse when we were born.

As to the God is/God isn't debate. Ole doc up above summed it up nicely. There is no scientific basis to beleive in that which we call God..only faith. In fact,if one sums up all the scientific data, history and evidence and looked at it rationally one would have to conclude that the PROBABILITY of God is much less than the PROBABILITY that there is no God.

Hence, the human condition. Marooned on a rock hurtling through space and time in an unanswerable quest for meaning, reason and destiny.

So, I suggest that we try to make life as good as we can for ourselves and others, kick evil people in the *** whenever we get the chance, sass authority, and frolic naked as often as we get the chance..cause, I'll tell you what. It's gonna be over in a twinkling!

Comment

Personnaly, I just think that religion is more a problem than a solution. There is a very good french song about religion by Alain Souchon. The images in the video speack for themselves. The title of the song is difficult to translate but means that after all the chaos and damage that religion brings, after all, there is maybe no god. Look at the video.Et si en plus, il n'y a personne (video)

Comment

Tinhfwv, you confuse unprovable with unproven. The idea that atheism (the contention that belief in God requires proof) is equivalent to theism (the contention that proof of God is unnecessary) is epistemological nonsense.

Personally, I'm sticking with the Tooth Fairy. Got the quarters to prove She exists.

b.l.

Comment

I really believe that the book of Thomas likely quoted Jesus correctly in saying that until we can lay our clothes down at our feet and be completely unashamed can we follow Him.[/QUOTE]

Hi Ralph, can you tell me where to find the verse you mentioned? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Lake:
                        Tinhfwv, you confuse unprovable with unproven. The idea that atheism (the contention that belief in God requires proof) is equivalent to theism (the contention that proof of God is unnecessary) is epistemological nonsense.
                        Didn't say they were equivalent. But they each take a stand that cannot as yet be factually proven.

Comment

Oh ye of little faith, get thee behind me. I warned you the gods of the forum would be irked and transport this thread from among the tribe of open conversation. Those of us who were left behind have now found you migrated into the land of Nudity & Religion.

Now we have proof of the existance of strange and mysterious gods who can and will pluck topics from among us. I've heard they can actually close a topic! And, gasp, actually remove an entire post!

Oh how to placate their fierce power. How?

Get naked and frolic, I think is the best approach..in lieu of sacrificial virgins.

As to that other "God" is, "God isn't" debate, I don't think that there is any sort of equilibrium between lack of proof that something does exist and lack of proof that something does not exist.

It seems to me that lack of proof or evidence that something exists is prima facie evidence that its probability of existance is all but nil.

One could argue against that by asserting that ancient man did not have evidence of or knowledge of the South Pole, yet it existed.

But, having aserted that, one puts one's self in the position of asserting that if "God" exists his existance is beyond our current capacity to know and that "God" does nothing to provide that evidence.

The answer to that, of course, would be that given the evidence, ancient man could have reasoned out the existance of the South Pole, but humankind; now with vast knowlege, experience, scientific, mathematical and physical data finds utterly no scientifically valid evidence or indicators of the existance that which we call God.

And that lack of evidence points to the a very high probability that there is no God as we understand that word.

Comment

Not that long ago, humans couldnít prove that things like radio waves, atoms, quarks, dwarf stars, x-rays and viruses existed. However, that human inability had no impact at all on whether or not those things actually did exist. Or did it? Could it be that those things actually didnít exist until humans could prove they did? Fortunately, contemporary humans are much smarter than those prior humans. In fact, weíre so incredibly smart, if contemporary humans canít prove something exists, then it probably doesnít. We have indeed come a long way. (The arrogance thing needs a little work though.)

Comment

pioneer in answer to your original premise ... there is no - I repeat NO - relation between Nudism and the misconception of god.

But as you can see the close-minded and low brow one(s) have quickly hijacked the thread to rant on about their misconception.
                              Even missing the point of the pointed satire posted herein.
                              Maybe they'll 'get' a more blunt approach as it seems the soft-touch approach is beyond their keen.

Comment

Working...
                              X