Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Religions influence on nudity

Originally posted by Sauna View Post
    One German priest once said to me that the sin is not what you eyes see. The sin is what you brain thinks.
    That's is what President Carter said too.

Comment

This past Ash Wednesday, I received ashes while nude. It was a most unique opportunity and very humbling experience.
      It certainly gave me pause to reflect upon... " from ashes you came and to ashes you shall return."
      I can only hope that others may have a similar experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Zoar View Post
        This past Ash Wednesday, I received ashes while nude. It was a most unique opportunity and very humbling experience.
        It certainly gave me pause to reflect upon... " from ashes you came and to ashes you shall return."
        I can only hope that others may have a similar experience.
        Could you please explain more exactly how you received the ashes. Does it mean they were thrown at you? Where did this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by ibrahim View Post
          Could you please explain more exactly how you received the ashes. Does it mean they were thrown at you? Where did this happen?
          The priest puts his thumb in ashes and then marks your forehead with a cross.

Comment

Originally posted by naturalmanwa View Post
            Some profound thoughts, David. I feel that many religions teach what they want to and not necessarily what the bible says. Without getting into a big discussion, I feel that the nude human body is one of the Creator's most excellent works and the idea of christian religions or any other being opposed to it is against bible teaching.
            Using the term religions as our founding founding fathers meant it i.e. Christian Denominations, a lot of what religions believe is Folk Theology, it has nothing to do with the Bible. Nudity being evil is one item that is Folk Theology, another which may surprise some people is that The Bible doesn't teach that after death we'll be spirits in Heaven, but that in the Hereafter we will be just as physical as we are today; and if what God called 'very good' in Genesis (I.e. naked people) is any indication, then there will be a lot of nudity in the Hereafter also.

Comment

Inresponse to Ibrahim, a retired priest stopped at the gym/pool, on his way to a hospital to distribute ashes to the infirmed. An elderly member remarked in the locker room , he missed the services at the church and the priest applied the ashes to the gent in the locker room. I had just walked out of the shower and was heading to my locker , when I noticed these guys with ashes... to which the good Father asked if I wanted some and I agreed. Yes, it was a first for me.,

Comment

Nudity alone carries little meaning, any attempt too make it more meaningful then nudity will lose its true meaning. Less is better and always has been. Religion cant do much with nudity alone unless it creates more content on the subject. Such as making it sexual or lustful, etc.

Comment

As a spiritual Reform Jew and a long time nudist, I am not in conflict between social nudism and Jewish morality. The Jewish values that I have grown up with provide enable me and allow for personal expression and free thinking. As an artist, this also includes thinking outside the box. I understand and accept the guidelines that social nudism promotes... a healthy, non-sexual lifestyle. These guidelines keep my grounded. I am able to freely and openly enjoy the many benefits and advantages of nudism, without the burden of religious intolerance. I know a handful of Jewish nudists.. mainly men and one woman all who appear to share the same values and do not see a religious moral conflict.

Comment

Working...
                  X