Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What denomination or other faith are you?

I find it so wonderful that there are so many naturists/nudists out there, of different faiths. It shows that nudity is compatible with most religions. I was wondering what faith some of the people are on the board. Feel free to let me know, and please no flamming. I find it horrible when people bash each others religous beliefs.

I myself happen to be of the Mormon faith. I wasn't sure about naturism at first, until I foudn the LDS Skinny Dipper Connection on the internet. So what faith are you guys?

I find it so wonderful that there are so many naturists/nudists out there, of different faiths. It shows that nudity is compatible with most religions. I was wondering what faith some of the people are on the board. Feel free to let me know, and please no flamming. I find it horrible when people bash each others religous beliefs.

I myself happen to be of the Mormon faith. I wasn't sure about naturism at first, until I foudn the LDS Skinny Dipper Connection on the internet. So what faith are you guys?

Comment

Tenchi,
      Here are ten pages to partially answer your question. The thread is entitled,
      "What religion/church do you belong to?"

http://www.clothesfree.com/cgi-bin/u...c;f=7;t=000045

Comment

Nothing wrong with starting a new one though...

Perhaps it will resurect the 'Nudity & Religion' area for a bit. I am a Seventh-Day Adventist. It's nice to know that there are other Christian nudists out there.

Fresh Air

Comment

I joined the Mormon church 25 years ago. I have always had fairly open attitude towards nudity. I have just recently really begun to more aggressively pursue this mentality. Because of the conservative attitude of the Mormon church, as well as most, I have had to take my feelings to God & have come to a very strong conclusion through prayer that everyone is entitled to their own personal revelation & must determine how to lead there own lives. The guidlines & counsels from a church organization are just that, guidlines. I for one will take those suggestions & determine through pondering & prayer how best to implement them into my life. I feel that I cannot just arbitrarily be told what to do & follow blindly. I feel that God gave us a brain & a soul & between the 2 of them, we as individuals can determine how to lead our lives, implmenting the Lord's teachings in our individual lives. Personally, I feel that we as a society, are wound way too tight. It's important to maintain good, virtuous, lives & strive to improve our society. If we could all just live the "Golden Rule", how great a world would this be.

Comment

I attend a local Pentecostal church in my hometown. I believe that teachings must line up with the Word of God, and if they do not, they should be discarded. That is my belief.

Jaybird77

Comment

Talk about simplistic! LOL!

Jaybird, the problem with being that simplistic is that just about every person out there that believes in the "word of god" has a different idea on just what he said.

How else would you explain most christians being against nudism for instance?

Comment

I consider myself pagan. My curch is among the trees, mountains, creatures great and small. The music is what the birds sing.

Any religion would agree that the perfect place to worship is in the places created by God/nature.

Comment

My wife and I are both Christians. We don't attend a church. Our 3 kids attend Christian and Missionary Alliance. They began to attend on their own following some music events they were in. I believe they are more grounded in their faiths because they chose their beleifs from their hearts and not forced by parents. Now the nudist part...We have only been nude for a year now. We haven't told the kids because they are 18, 15, and 11. Very awkward ages as it is. If they every found out or asked, we would tell. When we go away for the weekend to a resort, they ask and we say the name of the lake or beach and say we were a a private resort. I still struggle a bit and am reading on the subject. I hope others add to this. If the textiled world knew what true non-sexual nude recreaction was about, they'd have a totaly different view. In a recent discusion with my Mom, we discussed nudism, not out to her but in theory. She was all against it. A long student of the Bible, I ask for references against. She couldn't produce any. Everything was human mandated or personal bad experiences. Go figure???

Comment

I've already posted this a couple of times here, but I'm also Pagan. Wiccan, to be exact. I agree that the best place to connect to God/dess/es is in nature.

BB,
                    Vin

Comment

Cyndiann,

They obviously have'nt checked for themselves what the Bible says or does not say about nudity. They have probably been spoon-fed their opinion all of their lives. If they dug a little into the Word they would realize that their opinions might be a bit off.

Jaybird77

Comment

Jaybird what I wrote went right over your head. What you may consider to be "the word" is just your opinion same as everyone else. There is no one right way to interpret the bible. It is all opinions.

Comment

Cyndiann,

I suppose that is your opinion which you have every right to. I'm not here to stir it up, I was just stating how I believed.

Jaybird77

Comment

I love how when someone posts a simple questions...everyone else feels they need to attack peoples personal beliefs...sometimes you just have to refrain from trying to offend others...just answer the question and if you do not like the topic move on...

that is why there is soo much division...people are constantly trying to rip each other apart...and then in other post they get on others for ripping them apart...

"do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

what goes around comes around...

so people chill...stop cutting at each others throats...

GOODNESS...

Comment

I am an atheist.

Comment

Working...
                              X