X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian naturists & those with whom they disagree

quote:
    Originally posted by Nate Dekan:
    [qb]. . . . Christ came to save the would not condemn it, I felt several posts (on both sides) were rather mean spirited rather than Christ spirited. To paraphraise from a book I've been reading (A Way of Escape, Freedom from Sexual Strongholds) condemning people who are doing things we disaprove of is counterproductive. They don't need condemnation, condemnation and overbearing authoritarianism is what useually drove those people to those behaviours in the first place. What everyone needs is a new life in Christ, when people fall in love with Jesus and give their life to Him, HE is fully able to complete the good work HE begins in them. We are not called to dispel the darkness, WE are called to turn on the LIGHT and point people to a loving God who is more than able to meet all their needs! [/qb]
    [NOTE: Nate originally posted this comment in the discussion "Introduction to Communal Nudity."]

Sexuality is such a pervasive human issue that nudists, including those who think of themselves as Christians, may find that a discussion of sexual issues quickly becomes an emotionally charged. Sometimes discussions of sexual preference degenerate into personal attacks on whole groups of people in the name of Christ. .

That's what happened in the thread in which Nate's comments were originally posted, and that's what prompted his response.

I've personally never understand how some Christians think that we can use mean-spirted words to assault those who disagree with us while hoping that they will gratefully embrace the Lord of Love. Nate is exactly right that condemnation is a poor starting point for producing change. It's a terrible starting point for encouraging Christian behavior.

Jesus really made it simple for us. He provided a cluster of easy to understand teachings that make these points:

A. Christians are to offer love their neighbor, however unlike us he or she may be.

B. Christians are to offer love to other Christians.

C. Christians are to offer love to their enemies.

Taking those categories together, the number of people whom it is appropriate to beat over the head is really quite small. Somewhere between zero and none.

Some posts elsewhere have indicated a view that only heterosexual people should be admitted to naturist venues. But sexualized behavior is prohibited where naturists gather; violate that rule and you get kicked out.

So how is that some Christians feel that it is safe to be with heterosexuals who are not behaving sexually, but unsafe ? or unpleasant ? to be with homosexuals who are not behaving sexually? How would you know anyway in the absence of sexualized behavior?

The naturist community is, as a whole, better at accepting people as they are without getting hung up the differences that can be seen. Why should naturist Christians, of all people, demean others for differences that cannot be seen?

• Christian Bare
    replied
    Well, well, brothers and sisters... What a wonder to see so many messages of spite...

I would just love to say that GOd loves each and everyone of you and He created all of our bodies and there is no shame in being a Christian and being Nude! I cannot speak for other religions, but surely most are similar.

Enjoy GOd's Creation the way God Created you!

Love...

Leave a comment:

• Corky
    replied
    Hi Trailscout,
    Bart is in Australia on assignment taping and interviewing for new Nudes in the News webcasts and taking new photos. It is summer weather there now (Lucky Bart!!).

Anyway, I am taking over for a while overseeing the forums.

I hope Bart wasn't too harsh on everyone. One of our main goals is to spread the word about wholesome naturism and another goal is to help manage these forums so everyone is happy and the forum stays organized. But I try to be a little less formal and let a few off topics run their course. I do stress that everyone try their best to stay on topic. As you can see I am not on topic right now, but let's get back to nudity and religion now. We appreciate your posts Trailscout. Thanks!!!
    Corky

Leave a comment:

• Trailscout
    replied
    Bart,

I am perplexed. You have called me down in the past for posting some strong opinions that incited a lot of controversy and I will be the first to admit that my posts had nothing to do with nudism.

I gave you my promise that I would stay on topic no matter what.

Now I see this thread, which has many posts with nothing to do with nudity, naturism, nudism at all.

If you do not delete this thread, why should I refrain from posting my opinion on anything but nudism on this forum?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    "I may not be welcome in your Heaven....But you are certainly welcome in mine."....Catch todays Dear Abby column... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Jochanaan
    replied
    Disagreeing is not judging. And to disapprove a person's actions or beliefs is not to condemn the person. There is only One Judge.

Leave a comment:

• Jochanaan
    replied
    I am part of a denomination that has "congregational polity;" that is, the power is not with the hierarchy but with the people. Churches are not set up by Central Command; rather, groups of people voluntarily join the denomination after meeting certain criteria on which the denomination, that is, the people, has agreed. At every level--local congregation, regional association, and general conference--we work to reach consensus. I said all that to say this: We have disagreements among our members, sometimes passionate; but in the end, we can still meet in worship as brothers and sisters. We realize that God does not demand uniformity, but rather unity. It's the difference between a chorus of monks singing plainchant (which is beautiful in its own way) and an orchestra playing many different instruments but the same symphony.

Leave a comment:

• Dario Western
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by gamblefish:
    [qb]I believe there will be a "one-world" religion someday soon (it won't be Christianity), just as there will be a "one-world" government.

There is coming a day when all who do not adhere to this religion will be done away with, either into "concentration camps" or by death or more likely both.[/qb]
    Hi,

Have you heard of the Interfaith alliance, and the Raelians at all?

They are trying to bring the world faiths together to prepare for the second coming.

Futurists (especially devout Bible scholars and Nostradamus speculators) have said that after the reign of Pope John Paul II, there will be two popes, both who will rule the world for 3 1/2 years and wreak intense misery and pain on the Western world. Many people think that the time is starting to come now with the Sept 11 bombing, and a frantic hunt as to who does own the WAMD.

Dario Western

Leave a comment:

• Daz
    replied
    Meanwhile....luvnaturism I totally agree with your comments and thoughts at the beginning of this thread. You sound like a true christian and a person who respects others. Nice to see.

Daz

Leave a comment:

• gamblefish
    replied
    I believe there will be a "one-world" religion someday soon (it won't be Christianity), just as there will be a "one-world" government.

There is coming a day when all who do not adhere to this religion will be done away with, either into "concentration camps" or by death or more likely both.

Leave a comment:

• Bob S.
    replied
    Let me just add something before Bart says it. Homosexuality is not the issue. Let's drop it before it becomes the decisive one.

And Dario, were you serious when you said,

"Now, we are living in an age where we must 'adapt or die'. The feminist movement having come full circle, together with the churches reaching out to gay and lesbian people and the growing interest in the supernatural with young adults shows that we could be heading for a one-world-religion in the not too distant future.

This should be of much interest to us all on here.

Do you think that naturism will cause it to come about?"

If you are referring to Harry Potter, virtually all of the children who read that understand that it is not real. And isn't belief in a supreme being with omnipotent powers showing interest in the supernatural?

As for that one-world-religion, don't count on it. This was probably a debate about 2,000 years ago when Christianity was just starting, or at least when it was gaining in popularity. There will never be a one-world religion.

Bob S.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Gamblefish,

As usual, I'm with you on this. I just didn't want to be the first one to say so. Every time I say anything against something that God very clearly--at least to me--says is unnatural, I get verbally lambasted.

Like you, my beliefs are based on the Bible, KJV. However, using Bible scripture on people who don't believe it's the written inspired Word of God is a waste of time. It's like beating your head against a wall; you accomplisg nothing worthwhile. I don't care what anyone thinks of me for it, I will say what God says: Homosexuality is a sin. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of that sin. However, those who don't believe the Bible won't believe that to be true. those who say they don't believe in God certainly won't.

As I've said before and will repeat here--Calling good evil and calling evil good won't change the facts. god is Supreme, and He makes the rules and sets the standards. We can choose to accept or reject them, but we will all answer to the Almighty God whether we believe it or not.

Abortion is another wickedness accepted as legal and right. This nation has legalized murder. We slaughter unborn babies by the thousands. There is only one time I would say abortion can be justified, and that is if the mother's life is in danger, and she could die. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• gamblefish
    replied
    Hi Daz.

quote:
    When people say that homosexuality is a 'sin'- it is only a sin in the eyes of those people.
    So then, when I say murder is a sin, is it only a sin in my eyes also?

quote:
    It is arrogant and naive to believe that gay people need to be 'redeemed', gay/lesbian people are living according to gods plan -living in the body and mind that was given to them by god,accepting what nature/god has provided for them and hopefully living the best way they can.
    A Christian believes that ALL of us need redeemed. Once we are redeemed, then God goes about the business of cleaning us up. We use the bible, which we believe is God's Word, as our point of reference and "judge" our behavior according to it.

I do agree that trying to get a non-Christian to live by Christian standards is ridiculous. Unfortunately, we Christians have tried to do this time and again!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Most of us catch on sooner or later.

My beef is that sometimes when I voice my opinion (homosexuality is wrong and a sin), I am told that I am "attacking" certain individuals and that I should just shut up. If you feel "attacked" by someone with differing convictions from your own then I say you are somewhat uncomfortable or unconvinced about your lifestyle. But that's just my opinion.

I am all for live and let live. I am not going to try to convince anyone to change their ways. But I will exercise my freedom of speech when I feel the need.

Leave a comment:

• Daz
    replied
    Hi, While there are many good points made in this forum topic I have one thing that may not have crossed some peoples minds...yet. The christian views discussed here may only be relevant to those putting their point forward and other christians. When people say that homosexuality is a 'sin'- it is only a sin in the eyes of those people. If they are quoting the bible do they stop and think the person/issue they are targeting may not even find the bible relevant? There are many different religions and spiritual beliefs and to believe that everyone must be judged by the religion you choose is naive. It is arrogant and naive to believe that gay people need to be 'redeemed', gay/lesbian people are living according to gods plan -living in the body and mind that was given to them by god,accepting what nature/god has provided for them and hopefully living the best way they can.

It amazes me that it is an issue even today that two adult people will be scrutinized because they may fall in love and consumate that with someone of the same gender. And I don't mean lewd behaviour in public, I mean making love as people who have romantic feelings for each other do. Why not use your christian vision and energy into things like preventing theft in neighbourhoods, anti-drug campaigns, preventing child abuse of all kinds and voilence in the family home and protesting against war!(which has literally killed millions of people all over the planet!!!) Where is the perspective here???

For god's sake....love and let love!

Take care and peace to all....
    Daz

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by 2nude:
    [qb]I belive that we all could go nude if the people didn't grab their sex organs be lewd or obsene.I think that if the department of defense can say that being a witch is a religion that being a nudist should also be a religion. I don't think that being a nudist is wrong.It is what we think and do wrong that hurts us all.
    thanks
    2nude [img] icon21 [/img][/qb]
    A religion needs a belief in one or more deities. Witches would qualify.... nudists would not.

What did you mean by the dept of defense says being a witch is a religion? How did they get involved in it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Fatal error: Uncaught Database error in vBulletin 5.2.0: [Showing truncated query, original length: 8006] [First 500 chars] Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */REPLACE INTO cacheevent (cacheid, event) values ('getSearchResults_fd6b6a7a9ac3645575edc7c1e9a3fdf1','perms_changed'), ('getSearchResults_fd6b6a7a9ac3645575edc7c1e9a3fdf1','vB_ChannelStructure_chg'), ('getSearchResults_fd6b6a7a9ac3645575edc7c1e9a3fdf1','vB_SearchResults_chg_0'), ('getSearchResults_fd6b6a7a9ac3645575edc7c1e9a3fdf1','nodeChg_9092'), ('vBAtchmnts_237574','nodeChg_237574'), ('vBAtchmnts_217305','nodeChg_217305'), ('vBAtchmnts_199450','nodeChg_199450' [Last 500 chars] 6cefc','nodeChg_217151'), ('vbnodetext217151_7_0:963474f4a512e7c80c23b609c6e6cefc','nodeChg_30'), ('vbnodetext217151_7_0:963474f4a512e7c80c23b609c6e6cefc','vB_Language_languageCache'), ('vbnodetext_pre_217151_7_0:963474f4a512e7c80c23b609c6e6cefc','nodeChg_217151'), ('vbnodetext_pre_217151_7_0:963474f4a512e7c80c23b609c6e6cefc','nodeChg_30'), ('vbnodetext_pre_217151_7_0:963474f4a5 in /home/clothes/public_html/core/vb/database.php on line 1255