Argentina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argentina

I was reading an article about good places outside of the USA to retire. I was particularly interested in Buenos Aries. (I hope I spelled that right), Anyway does anyone know anything about the nudity laws in Argentina? I tried to do a search and it did come up with a nude beach but that don't tell me what the actual laws are and the tolerance of the people in general for public nudity.

Re: Argentina

Seems strange to be considering a retirement country without even checking the spelling of its capital city. Before thinking of nude-friendliness you should be aware that the government has many (and changeable) restrictions on the purchase and sale of Dollars and that the black (or, as they call it, blue) market exchange rate is close to double the official one. Which might be OK if you know how to access the unofficial market and intend to meet all expenses with Dollars in cash (which you could not legally import to Argentina).
    So, a lot more research needed I would suggest. But having said that, BA is a nice city. The country is in general not nude-tolerant but there are places and clubs where it is practised. I have used hotel saunas there nude with some regularity, which are theoretically mixed but predominantly used by male clients.

Comment

The International Naturist Federation has a contact in Argentina.

http://www.inffni.org/Home/Federatio...ntro-Naturista

Write to him for information. He's in Buenos Aires, there's also an e-mail address. The official language of Argentina is Spanish; English probably isn't in widespread use there.

For those who do not know - the INF is the worldwide organizations of nudist/naturist organizations. Nearly every country's nudist/naturist organization is a member, with the exception being AANR, which has refused to continue to be a part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by atalanta View Post
        Seems strange to be considering a retirement country without even checking the spelling of its capital city. Before thinking of nude-friendliness you should be aware that the government has many (and changeable) restrictions on the purchase and sale of Dollars and that the black (or, as they call it, blue) market exchange rate is close to double the official one. Which might be OK if you know how to access the unofficial market and intend to meet all expenses with Dollars in cash (which you could not legally import to Argentina).
        So, a lot more research needed I would suggest. But having said that, BA is a nice city.
        Thanks for the advice. I would have never thought to research other aspects of the country before making a move like that. Guess I better un-pack my bags and see if I can get a refund on those airline tickets. By the way, what is it with the grammar police on this site?

Comment

Thanks for the link, Lurk.

Comment

I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Yes, the language is Spanish, yes, there are problems with the "blue" market, but one way or the other you can manage to exchange your dollars. Many people speak English, especially in Buenos Aires.
            There is a nude beach in Chapadmalal (a beach resort next to Mar del Plata, the large ocean city resort). That beach is called "La escondida" or "The hidden one". There is also a nude inn nearby. It is clothing optional, but is very close to Mar del Plata, its theatres, night life, nice beaches (textiles) and everything you can find at a large city. Keep in mind, though, that the season are opposite. When we are in winter here in the states, It's Summer there, January and February, and Mar del Plata is packed with people.
            The nudist organization is APANNA, I was was of the memebers when I lived there. They rent a "quinta" (a Summer house and garden) with a pool from November to April, called EDEN, and is a nudist meeting place. You have to call in advance. There are many others, (Palos Verdes, etc), but there may be sexual activity involved. You should check those that say Nudismo Familiar, or family nudity, if you don't want anything sexual. During the winter, they meet at an indoor pool in Buenos Aires, one Sunday every month, at a pool in Belgrano (a Buenos Aires neighborhood).
            Then in Cordoba Province, in a small town in the Ridges called Tanti, there are two places,"Yatan Rumi" and Aguilas Blancas, Both are open year-round but in winter is freezing, you will have to stay indoors.
            There is a page in Spanish, sernudista.com.ar, which you can check. It's in Spanish but you may have it google translate.
            Regarding nudity, the country is not near as prude as here in the States. I remember cooking in my kitchen at night, in my appartment, naked, and one female (I'm male) neighboor would go out to her balcony to smoke, we would wave hands and nothing ever happened. It was a nonissue. That being said, that does not mean is the mentality with everybody, but nobody will call the police or have you register in a sexual offender list if you are naked in your apartment and a neighbor sees you.
            It's a nice, chaotic, noisy, beautiful, and whatever can come to your mind, country. Buenos Aires is a large, cosmopolitan city.
            I live in the Staes (near Washinton DC) and travel there every year because my family (mother, brothers, sister, friends) are there. and I have a Love-Hate relationship with my city.

Comment

Originally posted by 78828892 View Post
              I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Yes, the language is Spanish, yes, there are problems with the "blue" market, but one way or the other you can manage to exchange your dollars. Many people speak English, especially in Buenos Aires.
              There is a nude beach in Chapadmalal (a beach resort next to Mar del Plata, the large ocean city resort). That beach is called "La escondida" or "The hidden one". There is also a nude inn nearby. It is clothing optional, but is very close to Mar del Plata, its theatres, night life, nice beaches (textiles) and everything you can find at a large city. Keep in mind, though, that the season are opposite. When we are in winter here in the states, It's Summer there, January and February, and Mar del Plata is packed with people.
              The nudist organization is APANNA, I was was of the memebers when I lived there. They rent a "quinta" (a Summer house and garden) with a pool from November to April, called EDEN, and is a nudist meeting place. You have to call in advance. There are many others, (Palos Verdes, etc), but there may be sexual activity involved. You should check those that say Nudismo Familiar, or family nudity, if you don't want anything sexual. During the winter, they meet at an indoor pool in Buenos Aires, one Sunday every month, at a pool in Belgrano (a Buenos Aires neighborhood).

Then in Cordoba Province, in a small town in the Ridges called Tanti, there are two places,"Yatan Rumi" and Aguilas Blancas, Both are open year-round but in winter is freezing, you will have to stay indoors.
              There is a page in Spanish, sernudista.com.ar, which you can check. It's in Spanish but you may have it google translate.
              Regarding nudity, the country is not near as prude as here in the States. I remember cooking in my kitchen at night, in my appartment, naked, and one female (I'm male) neighboor would go out to her balcony to smoke, we would wave hands and nothing ever happened. It was a nonissue. That being said, that does not mean is the mentality with everybody, but nobody will call the police or have you register in a sexual offender list if you are naked in your apartment and a neighbor sees you.
              It's a nice, chaotic, noisy, beautiful, and whatever can come to your mind, country. Buenos Aires is a large, cosmopolitan city.
              I live in the Staes (near Washinton DC) and travel there every year because my family (mother, brothers, sister, friends) are there. and I have a Love-Hate relationship with my city.
              Thank you very much for the info. Hablo un poco de espanol. It's a language I've always wanted to learn anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X