No announcement yet.

nude among others

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my first visits to a nude resort was for a nude 5k run. It was a cold, windy March day so those that showed up were more than willing to stay fully clothed until the race started except one person. I was a bit apprehensive at first but decided to hop into the hot tub before the race to loosen up before stretching. From that point on I was also one of a very few to remain nude for the rest of the day. The race was great as it was my first nude running event and after the run several of us remained for a few hours to enjoy the surroundings.

There was a great dinner provided and once again everyone got dressed except for me and one other lady. It was a bit odd remaining nude and I actually asked if it was ok. Everyone told me to relax and it was most liberating to be there without anything on but a self assured smile.

That event convinced me that I was destined to spend as much time nude as possible and that I would surround myself with like minded folks. I have spent other times at nudist locations when i was the only one nude and always enjoy my sense of freedom.

Comment

To answer your question about being nude while others are clothed, I feel we have to define where we would be.

Guests visiting the office at our resort are nearly always nude while the staff are fully clothed. There is no reason for nudists to feel uncomfortable under these circumstances.

Outside a nudist venue, exhibitionists excluded, nudists should use best judgement with textiles. Fairness and respect is good form. Ask for approval if we really "need" to be nude in the presence of textiles. Be smart and courteous.

Comment

We were visiting family in the Pasco County, FL area over Christmas this year and were fortunate enough to break away for a day/night at one of the biggest/fanciest C/O resorts in the area. While I had been there several times previously on day visits, this was the first time that my wife was able to join me and it was the first time we stayed overnight. We both enjoyed the time but she was quick to point out that we were the only ones there actually enjoying our freedom as virtually everyone else (90%) was fully clothed. We both found this odd. Out in front of the lodging rooms - everyone was fully dressed. Riding bikes - everyone was dressed. In the clubhouse - bars, decks, spa, gym, common areas - everyone but me was wearing something. At the pool area, one other couple was relaxing on a double lounge when we arrived but everyone was clothed or wearing a robe unless getting into/out of the water. Except for a two instances when we were walking through the residential housing areas everyone was clothed in some manner whether sitting out on their screen porch or walking the cart path. The weather was pleasant, cloudy and overcast but temps were in the mid 70-80s range, which were great for relaxing and enjoying the moments. So I don't get it.

My basic question - why is it that when given the option to relax and unwind in such a great environment would so many not opt to take advantage of the freedom unless the weather was truly prohibitive?

Comment

Nudtkin, read your post and totally surprised that such a high percentage of nudists at that resort were clothed! It seems obvious that temps in the 70-80 range was too cold for many people. Not for me though! I can understand if people were not in the pool if the water temps were too cold, but other than that, I don't understand it either. The hot tubs feel extra special when the outside temps are cooler. With 90% of the people clothed I am not surprised that any nudist would feel not just odd, but actually out of place! Hopefully it will be different for your next visit.

Happy Nude Year!

Comment

Garbo...it was definitely odd, especially for Mrs Nudkin. As for me, I am perfectly comfortable regardless of how others are dressed...got over that very quickly. As for the pools...the hot tub was 104 and the other pool was close to 90. Perhaps the most disappointing thing comes from how fortunate the residents of this beautiful paradise really are. If I was in a position to pay $400-$500k for a custom home that let me run around nude everywhere, I would definitely take advantage of every minute the weather allowed. Ah well...

Comment

It doesn't surprise me. Most people will conform to the local 'normal', and at some of these clubs the normal is clothed, or at least covered. Even nudists among nudists will unnecessarily wear clothes when surrounded by other clothed nudists. That seems to be fairly common among 'clothing optional' clubs.

My (only slightly tongue-in-cheek) suggestion for those c/o resorts is to announce an unofficial "Nude Day" at the nudist club - where nudists can try out social nudity in a place designed for social nudity. You could make up banners and set up information tables with how-to flyers.

Some clubs try to counteract it by stating as their policy that they are a nudist resorts - not clothing optional- and that nudity is expected when conditions allow it - they are tolerant of bashful adolescents and newbies, typically only requiring nudity in the water, but a person who keeps attending clothed at all times will probably be asked why they bother attending.

Comment

We realize that some places are "clothing optional" and some places "nudist". A couple of years back, the owners of Berkshire Vista declared their facility to be "C.O." and immediately received a backlash from members -- because it would open the door for lookie-loos.

Conversely, the Eastern Naturist Gathering is and always has been "clothing optional" -- without any concerns. Some guys with reluctant spouses brought them along, they stayed clothed.

I was asked about it by some guys who had reluctant spouses -

a) the entire Gathering was clothing-optional, even the pools.
                b) BUT there is no "clothing only zone" (except the first floor of the mansion out of deference to some Eastover employees)
                c) AND while people were welcome to attend the various sessions and social events and remain clothed - there was no special program or agenda for those who wished to remain clothed.
                d) Your reluctant spouse WILL have to tolerate the presence of nude men and women - and since the meals are communal - if she wants to eat she's going to have to come to the dining areas where there WILL be nude people.

If she's OK with being around naked people, at this event they're ok being around her.
                If she's NOT OK with the presence of naked people, perhaps it's better that she stay home.

Some clubs try to counteract it by stating as their policy that they are a
                nudist resorts - not clothing optional- and that nudity is expected when conditions allow it - they are tolerant of bashful adolescents and newbies, typically only requiring nudity in the water, but a person who keeps attending clothed at all times will probably be asked why they bother attending.

That's the attitude at Cedar Waters. The non-landeds I go to - are more CO-tolerant.

And at most "CO" places - a bathing suit is a verboten article of clothing.

Comment

My gut feel for this visit is that the time of year was the major factor for so much non-nude behavior. We were there at Christmas time which is their slowest time by far. This place is very big with 200-300 diverse housing units ranging from about $100k to close to $1m custom homes and a very ornate clubhouse. It's also known for its alternate lifestyle friendly atmosphere and established residents and members keeping a general distance from non-members like we were.

Mark - At prime season, they run a weekly or monthly open day to bring people in off the street where bathing suits are allowed in the pools which are well attended based on my limited experience as the few times I was there, there were many obvious non nude guests. This club welcomes just about anyone willing to pay the daily fee providing there are no obvious problems with them but it has a large number of single lady members and guests.

Ah well, I am still working on Mrs Nudkin to get her open to the notion of living in this type of environment at least part of the year...she hasn't said no yet! 😘

Comment

Having recently taken the time to finally visit a local non-CO nudist resort, I have to say I find it very strange to be the only one naked around clothed people. My entire trip I saw only a few other people nude, and even they were clothed outside of the "nudity-required" areas. As a newcomer to the social nudity scene, constantly passing others who are fully clothed made me feel really awkward, similar to how I imagine I'd feel if I were naked in public outside the gates.

Comment

• I do not understand this obsession about what others are or aren't wearing. Skin is simply another choice of how to dress. It's like being at the beach in spring. Some wearing jackets thinking ' aren't you cold', next to others wearing less thinking 'isn't this great!' Get over it people!

Comment

• For the most part Safebare, you're 100% correct. It really shouldn't matter what anyone decides to wear in a nudist environment just as much as a textile one. And for the more experienced naturists, this probably holds true. But as someone just diving into the social nudism pool, it's a bit disconcerting when for whatever reason everyone is wearing clothes. I'm not sure how it is everywhere, but at the place I went, I was told the expectation was that you were to be nude pretty much all the time until evening when it cools off (The person introducing me actually seemed pretty annoyed at the fact that I wasn't comfortable going completely naked right off the bat). Add that to the fact that new nudists are usually told things like, "Oh, you'll completely forget that you and everyone else is naked after a few minutes," and you enter the scenario with a very different idea of what to expect than what you actually get. When you're the only one walking nude around a nudist resort - on your first time at that - it creates a very uncomfortable feeling more like the dreaded naked-at-work dreams than the relaxing escape you were hoping for.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRLIFLIF View Post
                          Having recently taken the time to finally visit a local non-CO nudist resort, I have to say I find it very strange to be the only one naked around clothed people. My entire trip I saw only a few other people nude, and even they were clothed outside of the "nudity-required" areas. As a newcomer to the social nudity scene, constantly passing others who are fully clothed made me feel really awkward, similar to how I imagine I'd feel if I were naked in public outside the gates.
                          It may be that for the regulars the weather is still considered cool/cold and they are wearing clothes to stay warm.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRLIFLIF View Post
                            Here again is an example of what I was speaking of in the reply to another thread you started about telling family members. Seems that nudists worse enemy is ... other nudists. Some nudists seem to worry a bit too much about what other nudists are doing or not doing. A long time nudist and friend coined a phrase here and on other sites she's been on for decades ... "Nude when possible, clothed when practical." That's how we've lived our nudist lives. Seems there are many others that follow that philosophy. But in the end, it's up to you what you do and other nudists shouldn't be dictating how you live your nude life.

Comment

• Had an interesting experience with this last week. We went to a clothing optional resort during a port call on a cruise. We were the first ones there and took immediate advantage of the opportunity to get some sun. About an hour later, a group of 10 more cruise passengers from a different boat arrived. Of the 10, most were30-50 ish and there was a younger couple. Only one member of the group took advantage of the opportunity to get nude and he stripped down quickly. One of the ladies got topless, and the rest stayed dressed in bathing suits and the men mostly wore shirts as well.

Some time passed and the nude guy passed by and we spoke a few minutes and he told us the story. They were a group of friends traveling together. He told them he didn't care what they did on their first two stops, but he wanted to pick the final port activity. They all agreed which led them there. Throughout the day, we kept expecting some more to join in. Two of the ladies went topless int the water for a few minutes but quickly put their tops on and one other lady apparently went topless one a some of the trails, but that was it.

Another family showed up a while later with two adults and some teenage kids, but only the guy got nude. They kept to themselves.

The only other couple that went nude was a local couple that come to the resort as day visitors, something like a membership. They were great, he was German but they live in Canada and visit their daughter during winter.

So, of the 18-20 people at the beach, only 5 took advantage of the surroundings. Too bad since it is a beautiful location you only visit maybe once in a lifetime. We really had no problem being nude among the clothed, but the wife definitely noticed the imbalance.

Comment

• Had an interesting experience with this last week. We went to a clothing optional resort during a port call on a cruise. We were the first ones there and took immediate advantage of the opportunity to get some sun. About an hour later, a group of 10 more cruise passengers from a different boat arrived. Of the 10, most were30-50 ish and there was a younger couple. Only one member of the group took advantage of the opportunity to get nude and he stripped down quickly. One of the ladies got topless, and the rest stayed dressed in bathing suits and the men mostly wore shirts as well.

Some time passed and the nude guy passed by and we spoke a few minutes and he told us the story. They were a group of friends traveling together. He told them he didn't care what they did on their first two stops, but he wanted to pick the final port activity. They all agreed which led them there. Throughout the day, we kept expecting some more to join in. Two of the ladies went topless int the water for a few minutes but quickly put their tops on and one other lady apparently went topless one a some of the trails, but that was it.

Another family showed up a while later with two adults and some teenage kids, but only the guy got nude. They kept to themselves.

The only other couple that went nude was a local couple that come to the resort as day visitors, something like a membership. They were great, he was German but they live in Canada and visit their daughter during winter.

So, of the 18-20 people at the beach, only 5 took advantage of the surroundings. Too bad since it is a beautiful location you only visit maybe once in a lifetime. We really had no problem being nude among the clothed, but the wife definitely noticed the imbalance.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Fatal error: Uncaught Database error in vBulletin 5.2.0: Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */REPLACE INTO cacheevent (cacheid, event) values ('getSearchResults_08533c14022ecf8fdaf16f9561a98c8a','perms_changed'), ('getSearchResults_08533c14022ecf8fdaf16f9561a98c8a','vB_ChannelStructure_chg'), ('getSearchResults_08533c14022ecf8fdaf16f9561a98c8a','vB_SearchResults_chg_0'), ('getSearchResults_08533c14022ecf8fdaf16f9561a98c8a','nodeChg_4876'), ('node_547729_lvl1data','nodeChg_547729'), ('vB_UserPerms21861','userPerms_21861'), ('vB_UserPerms21861','userChg_21861'), ('vB_UserPerms21861','perms_changed'), ('vB_UserPerms21861','vB_ChannelStructure_chg'), ('vBUserRep_21861','fUserContentChg_21861'), ('vBUserRep_21861','userChg_21861'), ('vBPage_2db02959ae5eae7b36642dcb468c3a7c_1','vbCachedFullPage'), ('vbPre_conversation100.86.34.4876',''); MySQL Error : Duplicate entry 'getSearchResults_08533c14022ecf8fdaf16f9561a98c8a-nodeChg_4876' for key 'PRIMARY' Error Number : 1062 Request Date : Wednesday, April 26th 2017 in /home/clothes/public_html/core/vb/database.php on line 1255