San Antonio Clothing Optional Opportunities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanesa1017 View Post
    Yes the Ranch is definitely the website where I had seen questionable links. Thanks for all the background info everyone, still havent made up my mind if I will try to check it out or not.:confused:

Checking it out doesn't make you a bad person or any less a nudist than you are. There are other places that have opened their doors to the swinger clientel and although we wouldn't visit ALL the time, we'd still like to visit because they are very nice places...ie Caliente Resort.

I think knowing what you might encounter or at least knowing what to possibly expect is better than going someplace and not knowing and have something happen you weren't expecting.

If we had the opportunity to visit Riverside Ranch, we'd probably do so and decide for ourselves if it's as bad as everyone says it is. If it makes you uncomfortable.....you can always leave, that's what we'd do. But if that particular group isn't there that day, it may turn out to be a good day and you'll be glad you at least visited.

If you do decide, gives us a report.

Take care and good luck with your decision.

FP

Comment

Originally posted by FireProf View Post
      Checking it out doesn't make you a bad person or any less a nudist than you are. There are other places that have opened their doors to the swinger clientel and although we wouldn't visit ALL the time, we'd still like to visit because they are very nice places...ie Caliente Resort.

I think knowing what you might encounter or at least knowing what to possibly expect is better than going someplace and not knowing and have something happen you weren't expecting.

If we had the opportunity to visit Riverside Ranch, we'd probably do so and decide for ourselves if it's as bad as everyone says it is. If it makes you uncomfortable.....you can always leave, that's what we'd do. But if that particular group isn't there that day, it may turn out to be a good day and you'll be glad you at least visited.

If you do decide, gives us a report.

Take care and good luck with your decision.

FP

Thanks for the encouragement! A lot of my decision is going to be based on my schedule once I am there and how easy it will be to get to Riverside since I will have no car. If I visit I will certainly give a report

Comment

Hello! I visited Riverside Ranch twice last summer 2008 (I only live about 45 minutes away). The place was nice and everyone was friendly and respectful. The pool and hot tub were nice although I don't believe the hot tub was really used or open due to the hot weather, even at night.

I was the youngest person there, but at this point I've come to expect that at times while visiting nudist resorts.

You can't really visit the river there due to the landscape. The resort itself sits on a high hill and the river is down a steep embankment. Essentially it serves as more of a boundry to the property.

Last year their website did not have the swinger lifestyle links and they were not known as a "lifestyle resort". I will still visit the place this year with the mindset much like what FireProf posted. I am curious to see if there will be any real noticeable changes from last year to this year now that they are technically a "lifestyle resort".

Safe Travels to you on your visit to south Texas! The weather is pleasant these days with the temps ranging in the upper 70's to lower 80's occasionally!

Comment

Originally posted by vanesa1017 View Post
          Thanks for the encouragement! A lot of my decision is going to be based on my schedule once I am there and how easy it will be to get to Riverside since I will have no car. If I visit I will certainly give a report
          My sister in law and her husband just moved to San Anton. We'll definitely be going to visit and when we do, we're gonna go and check this club out. I like checking places out for myself and then deciding if it's as good or bad as most say.

Have a safe trip!

FP

Comment

February Weather in San Antonio

Weather in San Antonio in February;

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ewx/html/wxe...febclimate.htm

Comment

Update in headline

Now they changed it to an Adults Only resort.

Comment

Yes, that webpage has changed lately. The last time I looked at it, it did not have the adults only heading or the swingers links. Not a change I wanted to see. I used to go to the Live Oak Resort until they became swinger friendly also.
                While you are in San Antonio I recommend going to the San Antonio Botanical Garden. It's really nice and it's inside Loop 410 and easily accessable using public transportation. The website for it is - www.sabot.org.

Comment

Better Late than Never

While I was in San Antonio I never had the opportunity to get away and visit this place. Thanks for all of your advice though, maybe next time.

Comment

No worries Vanesa.......maybe next time! We haven't made a date yet but plan to visit my sister in law, who just moved there, in the near future. We'll check it out and after we do, we'll be sure to post a report.

FP

Comment

Re: San Antonio Clothing Optional Opportunities

Well I finally got around to visiting this place again a few weeks ago. Overall, the place is the same however now there are distinct written rules that clearly outline the resort as a "lifestyle" resort.

I drove in mid-morning and stayed poolside all day. There is a partly shaded part of the pool deck so it is possible to get some sun, get some relief in the shade and then hit the pool again.

Everyone was nice and respectful towards me. There was a couple that seemed to have an issue with another couple so there was a little poolside drama that day...but I imagine that can happen anywhere and it really wasn't all that distracting.

I went alone this time and I brought a book with an intent of reading poolside all day. As the day went on it got quite busy (about 50 people) with mostly couples and only a handful of singles. They had karaoke setup for a few hours, poolside - which was interesting.

It seemed most people knew each other and the couples on either side of my lounge chair were chatty and friendly - but not overly so as I was again, very in to my book. The resort provided a free keg of beer for everyone there (which surprised me a bit) and the lady sitting next to me was kind enough to bring me a beer.

I will say that as the day started coming towards sunset / dinner time, the atmosphere did seem to turn a bit more..."lifestyle-ish". And it seems that most everyone there knows each other or were intent on getting to know each other. It wasn't overly obvious or anything and nothing obscene was happening. It was just more of an light observation.

As is my usual experience, I was easily the youngest person at the resort...but this is something I have encountered on many of my travels to different outings or resorts.

There is a new rule now that all singles must leave the grounds by 6:00pm. With the atmosphere turning more couple-focused, I didn't mind having to leave by 6:00pm...and well, rules are rules. I'm not sure if the rule applies to single females or just single males.

Overall, I think I would visit again simply to lay out naked by the pool and get some sun...

Comment

Re: San Antonio Clothing Optional Opportunities

Back to the original thought for this thread, are there any clothing optional places in or around San Antonio that ARE NOT lifestyle oriented such as River Ranch? Lone Star, at 3 hours away, may be a bit too much of a drive as me and the Mrs. are hoping to visit San Antonio and do some site seeing some time in the next few months.

Comment

Working...
                        X