X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A high school nudist club

One actually exists! It is in Australia somewhere in the Gold Coast, although the exact school is unknown for obvious reasons.

I got this information from a firsthand source on another internet nudist group. From what I understand, the group will gain members via word-of-mouth only. They will meet at the school in a designated area after hours (clothed, of course) to discuss future get-togethers.

I am unsure about the faculty sponsor in school, but I do know that at the gatherings, there will be no faculty in attendence unless that person is also the parent of a member of the group.

Here's to hoping for more!

Bob S.

I think back in 1940-1950 there was Nadist school in USA. Do any one know about is ?

Comment

I've never heard of anything like that, and it's a shame. A high school nudists club would've been awesome. In retrospect, I could probably think of fifteen to twenty people in the Class of '03 that might have been interested. Of course, now I would be looking for a college naturists club...

Comment

Wow! Wish there had been a similar club in my high school. Great idea and I hope/wonder if it gets more people involved and comfortable with nudism.

Comment

I think it would be awesome if my high school had a nudist club, but then I would most likely be the only member. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Comment

You never know, 17 tex! The best place to find other high school nudists are in the art classes and the Drama club!

Comment

JOe Nudist wrote:
              quote:
              I think back in 1940-1950 there was Nadist school in USA. Do any one know about is ?
              In his now closed website, George Muss had a photo gallery that included a B&W of what looked like a 40's or 50's classroom of elementary aged children. The teacher was an older looking lady and was fully clothed, but all the kids were nude. Somehow, I got the impression that it was from Elysium Fields, but I might have imagined that part.

Lee

Comment

Yes LeeR49 that one I saw. I Think it was from Elysium Field.

Comment

There was school in the UK called (I think)Summerfield during the 1970-80's. Ages from 10 to 18 thereabouts. Kids could go nude if they wished; it had a large swimming pool and sun-area. Apparently had some behavioural problems in the 1980's, but that's not unusual given the political and social climate at the time. A television documentatry was made in the early 1990's. I think it still exists, but the original expectations- that children given almost complete freedom to choose their areas of study and social relationships- would be great role models for others, were not achieved. As we are social beings, the influences (good and bad) from other areas of our relationships also influence our behaviour.
                  I recall a recent TV documentary on high schools in Papua New Guinea that had naked students; but this was due to their normal state of nudity in their family groups; no-one seemed uncomfortable with a fully-dressed female teacher teaching naked teenagers. Commonsense does still exist in some parts of the world.
                  Wish I'd gone to a school that permitted social nudity- would have thrived on it.

Comment

Update.

They had their first meeting in school. A good turnout although it was suspected that some were there for a somewhat prurient interest. Rather than a gathering at another person's home, they decided that the first get-together would be done at a nude beach.

By the way, my source for info is from the ClothedFreeChild yahoo group

Bob S.

Comment

coop said:

"There was school in the UK called (I think)Summerfield during the 1970-80's. Ages from 10 to 18 thereabouts. Kids could go nude if they wished; it had a large swimming pool and sun-area."

The name was, and is, Summerhill:

http://www.summerhillschool.co.uk/

Found by a simple search by Google because I remembered the name correctly. I cannot find any mention of allowed nudity for pupils at present, but somehow I remember seeing a TV document in the early 70s where I heard that nudity was allowed for children in Summerhill.

It's a school that allows extraordinary freedom to the pupils. Look at their pages!

Kari P

Comment

Would have been nice in high school. While in elementary school, a bunch of us boys had a "naked club", but that had nothing to do with the school. By high school, those of us that were still interested were going to our nude beach, etc. But that was in the 60's... Can high schools have changed that much?

Comment

While I could imagine a nudist club being organised within a school "community" down here - i.e. being run by a group of more senior students (e.g. over 16 years in age - which would be year 10 or 11 and up..), I don't imagine that it would be either condoned by, or affiliated with, the school itself - or the staff, nor would it be recognised or supported by the Queensland department of Education; so that would be why its' location is being kept secret...

While nudity and naturism is fairly common down here, (and streaking, skinny dipping and nudity in general has a long and proud history among (relatively small..) sections of Aussie school and Uni' students..), it is still not that deeply ingrained in our local society - Australia would still have a long way to go before such notions would be widely or generally accepted..

To check on school systems where nudity may be more common and more widely accepted, people could also Google! on the Rudolf Steiner and Montessori schooling systems.

Personally, I often went nude with small groups of school friends - from around 9 or 10 years age, in primary school, and up - but it was (mostly..) outside of school hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Kari P:
                            coop said:

"There was school in the UK called (I think)Summerfield during the 1970-80's. Ages from 10 to 18 thereabouts. Kids could go nude if they wished; it had a large swimming pool and sun-area."

The name was, and is, Summerhill:

http://www.summerhillschool.co.uk/

Found by a simple search by Google because I remembered the name correctly. I cannot find any mention of allowed nudity for pupils at present, but somehow I remember seeing a TV document in the early 70s where I heard that nudity was allowed for children in Summerhill.

It's a school that allows extraordinary freedom to the pupils. Look at their pages!

Kari P
                            Hello
                            I emailed the school and they said that the students can go naked but nobody bothers

Comment

Another comment I could add here : in general, these types of schools, as discussed above, usually have fairly liberal systems in place - where it seems that they may have a lot of freedoms, and a more bohemian and accepting outlook - but they still have their own rules and regulations, usually discussed, put in place and voted on by the whole school community (students, staff, and parents all having input..).
                              This means that on some of these campuses nudity may be acceptable, either in general, or maybe during swimming, athletics, dance... but this should not give anyone the idea of 'nudists, nudists.. everywhere!!' More likely that some (even a lot, in some places..) people go nude sometimes, and nobody cares...

Comment

Working...
                              X