X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jock Sturges Photos of Young People

Jock Sturges photo collections show many pictures of young people in Northern California and at Montalivet in France. I have 3, but not the most recent. Have any of the concerned young people here seen them, and does anyone think they could help young people see themselves in such settings?

Doug H.

Jock Sturges photo collections show many pictures of young people in Northern California and at Montalivet in France. I have 3, but not the most recent. Have any of the concerned young people here seen them, and does anyone think they could help young people see themselves in such settings?

Doug H.

Comment

I have not seen them. Where can I view them at?

Comment

Unfortunately, there not web-viewable. Something to do with non-standard agreement between Mr. Sturges and his subjects. He's very careful about how and where they're displayed or published. There are a few excerpts available at http://hallphotographers.com/individ...phers/50.shtml If you're interested in buying, that site, the INA store, or www.internaturally.com carry all of his books.

Doug H.

Comment

I have "Radiant Identities", "Last Days of Summer", and "New Work (1996-2000)" and love them all.

I'm not sure what kind of an effect it could have on youths. It is considered art which is different from regular pictures. I'm not sure how well the posing would attract people into the life. I would think that unposed pics that show young people at play would be much better.

Bob S.

Comment

Working...
          X