Question about comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about comments?

So here's what I'm wondering... I've only ever hung naked with strangers once in a nudist environment at the beach, and there weren't many people there at the time. Is it normal for people make comments to you about your genitals? Do people even react to them at all? The reason I ask is because while i was on the beach, a couple of guys commented on mine, and while it didn't bother me at all, I guess I hadn't really thought about the possibility, and it surprised me a bit. Are genitals a common conversation piece?

Re: Question about comments?

Last summer l was sitting at pools side watching a vollyball game with a group of people and a woman started talking to me about this and that (she was not from the area) than she saids she liked that i was shavin and though it look good and if i do outher areas or just what she saw. she was a nice person but i allways though it was a odd thing to say to someone you just met.

Comment

Originally posted by workoutbud11 View Post
      So here's what I'm wondering... I've only ever hung naked with strangers once in a nudist environment at the beach, and there weren't many people there at the time. Is it normal for people make comments to you about your genitals? Do people even react to them at all? The reason I ask is because while i was on the beach, a couple of guys commented on mine, and while it didn't bother me at all, I guess I hadn't really thought about the possibility, and it surprised me a bit. Are genitals a common conversation piece?
      In my experience, no it is not common. Some people do not seem to know what is appropriate and to comment, out of the blue (I am assuming) on an aspect of someone's body sounds almost rude to me. Of course it depends on the relationship you had built with them, how it was intended and how you took it. I try to give others the benefit of the doubt and assume an honest intent.

Comment

How about reactions to your genitals? for instance, I was in the men's room the other day at one urinal of two, and two brothers came in. The older one helped the younger one into the stall, and then he turned to come over to the urinal. Out of my peripheral vision, I saw him look down at my penis (there were no dividers) and stop in his tracks, staring. Finally he slowly came over to the other urinal and peed, glancing at my penis now and then.

Comment

No, it is not common for others to make mention of others genitals at a nude setting. While it is common for everyone to casually glance at others and not stare, it is not a 'conversation piece', at least at the couple of nudist ventures I have attended. Perosnally, for someone to mention they 'liked' what they saw, they obviously had other things in mind. Not saying that's for sure, but I have a gut feeling they had other things in mind.

Comment

How about reactions to your genitals? for instance, I was in the men's room the other day at one urinal of two, and two brothers came in. The older one helped the younger one into the stall, and then he turned to come over to the urinal. Out of my peripheral vision, I saw him look down at my penis (there were no dividers) and stop in his tracks, staring. Finally he slowly came over to the other urinal and peed, glancing at my penis now and then.
            Second thread you start about someone "stopping in their tracks" and you presuming to know what they're thinking. The first was that massage thread, now it's a guy in the men's room and two fellows on the beach.

There's no point to my comment I guess. This comment stikes me as odd, unrelated to nudism and so I said so. A lot of comments on this forum are unrelated to nudism so no problem there. It's not often I meet someone who reads people as you say you do.

Comment

Not common in my experience- a lot of people don't even look.

Comment

Well,

When I have been a single female on a beach, I have had perverts make comments which were obviously not appropriate and not for mention here.

On the other hand, I did have one gentleman, a few decades my senior, say that he was happy to see that I didn't shave my pubic area. And honestly, I didn't take that as being inappropriate at all. I took it to mean nothing more than "nice tan" or "I like your hair cut" or "killer outfit."

Comment

Originally posted by MeBNude View Post
                  Well,

When I have been a single female on a beach, I have had perverts make comments which were obviously not appropriate and not for mention here.

On the other hand, I did have one gentleman, a few decades my senior, say that he was happy to see that I didn't shave my pubic area. And honestly, I didn't take that as being inappropriate at all. I took it to mean nothing more than "nice tan" or "I like your hair cut" or "killer outfit."
                  Well, I have yet to go to a nude beach/resort...so I have nothing to contribute to this discussion.
                  Still, it does seem odd that some people can't get past their hangups about genitalia.:confused:

Comment

Not common, and actually rude. Unless of course there's a bumble bee or something on it! Other than the shave/trim/natural decision, the genitals are the one part of your body you really can't change. Be comfortable with yourself and others will be too. That said, I don't believe either that "many people don't even look." Everyone looks; its natural. Adults just keep their thoughts to themselves.

Comment

You're on the beach and a couple of random guys commented on your genitals? (And you have to ask us if that is unusual?)

uh Yeah, I agree with LamontCranston, this whole scenario does sound very odd.

Comment

i would find it quite rude if someone was staring and made a comment about my genitals, thats not what naturism is about....

Comment

Its obvious on this formun that there are those who are preoccupied with peckers an eggs an how they look or dont look.,if one or more guys were sizing me up an commenting on mine at the beach,they most likely were looking for action,most likely not naturist ,but looking for male on male action . No Thanks Naken

Comment

if a woman is going to make a comment about my genitals iam not going to have a problem with that

Comment

Something similar happened to me several years ago when a couple of guys walked by me at a nude beach and one apparently liked what he saw and started with a comment like "wow, you work out, don't you." and kept at it in what was apparently a gay come on untill I could shoo them away. Somewhat uncomfortable for sure. Could the same thing be happening here?

Now, before anyone gets riled up here, I am not anti-gay or anything and 99% of gay people certainly know how to behave at a naturist setting and are great to be around, but there are a few and these comments are very inappropriate.
                              Last edited by inudist; 02-06-2010, 05:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X