Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should erections be hidden? (See opposing views below first)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Definition:
    flaunt
    /flônt,flänt/
    verb
    1. display (something) ostentatiously, especially in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show defiance.

    Comment


    • erections are natural and can happen. We should not be embarrassed but behave in a normal way. this is very common by adolescents who are growing.

      Comment


      • Certainly, erections are pretty normal and not always easily controlled, particularly by younger people. The concern about being in the wrong, or being made fun of, or being embarrassed is likely one of the major reasons why younger males do not stay in naturism or are reluctant to join.

        Comment


        • It is with much trepidation that I venture into this thread as I know somebody is likely to contradict me.

          In my experience, it is highly unusual for an adult to get an erection at a nudist venue.

          Perhaps it does happen more often than I think. Perhaps the adults involved simply hide it by rolling over or putting a towel around their waist.

          The only times I have actually seen a gentleman with an erection at a nude beach or nudist park is when the gentleman involved was no older than perhaps ten.

          Many years ago, it was customary in Europe for young kids not to wear swimsuits even on textile beaches. I remember being on a beach in Greece near a family with a boy of perhaps seven years of age who had no swimsuit and no inhibition about having an erection. Nobody said anything about it. Due to his age, it was obvious it wasn't sexual.

          Similarly, I remember being at the pool at Avalon in West Virginia where a boy of about ten was having great fun jumping in the pool. He seemed to have no awareness that he had an erection. Again, nobody said anything about it.

          I started going to nude beaches when I was about twenty. In the higher hormonal state that I lived in at the time, it was not unusual for me to get an erection from just glancing at the covers of the adult magazines on the rack in a convenience store, yet I never recall having trouble suppressing an erection on a nude beach.

          My recommendation is not to worry about getting an erection. It isn't likely to happen. In the unlikely event that it does happen, just rollover until it goes away.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mosquito_Bait View Post
            It is with much trepidation that I venture into this thread as I know somebody is likely to contradict me.

            In my experience, it is highly unusual for an adult to get an erection at a nudist venue.

            Perhaps it does happen more often than I think. Perhaps the adults involved simply hide it by rolling over or putting a towel around their waist.

            The only times I have actually seen a gentleman with an erection at a nude beach or nudist park is when the gentleman involved was no older than perhaps ten.

            Many years ago, it was customary in Europe for young kids not to wear swimsuits even on textile beaches. I remember being on a beach in Greece near a family with a boy of perhaps seven years of age who had no swimsuit and no inhibition about having an erection. Nobody said anything about it. Due to his age, it was obvious it wasn't sexual.

            Similarly, I remember being at the pool at Avalon in West Virginia where a boy of about ten was having great fun jumping in the pool. He seemed to have no awareness that he had an erection. Again, nobody said anything about it.

            I started going to nude beaches when I was about twenty. In the higher hormonal state that I lived in at the time, it was not unusual for me to get an erection from just glancing at the covers of the adult magazines on the rack in a convenience store, yet I never recall having trouble suppressing an erection on a nude beach.

            My recommendation is not to worry about getting an erection. It isn't likely to happen. In the unlikely event that it does happen, just rollover until it goes away.
            this is accurate

            I'd say if you get an erection in a situation you wouldn't get one dress, you are the problem

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Noodfellaz View Post

              this is accurate

              I'd say if you get an erection in a situation you wouldn't get one dress, you are the problem
              I get the few erections daily and I’m dressed. Is that a problem or is that normal?

              if I get a few erections daily while nude, is that normal or is it like nudity in society, something that should always be covered up?
              Last edited by soundman; 10-30-2020, 12:13 PM.

              Comment


              • If we are realistic, then yes, getting a few erections while dressed is normal. Moreover, getting an occasional erection while nude may well be normal as well. Most people seem to feel that that does not happen very often. If it does happen, it seems to me that the demeanor and actions of the person having the erection is the main issue. Does he act in a way that bothers other people? The actions may be a problem. I think the issue remains that fear of getting an erection in a nudist environment and the possible resulting state of alarm by others present is a big turn off for younger males--particularly teens--for getting into or staying in naturism.

                I think that most people can recognize who is becoming a problem and who may be innocently experiencing an erection. The response should be different, and we all would be better off.

                Bottom line--this is not a problem that occurs very often.

                Comment


                • in my 30+ years as a nudist I've never had to cover an erection. That age spans from age 17 to 48. We all get morning wood in the late afternoon, of course, but it's not everyday and not when I am standing there socialising

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Noodfellaz View Post
                    in my 30+ years as a nudist I've never had to cover an erection. That age spans from age 17 to 48. We all get morning wood in the late afternoon, of course, but it's not everyday and not when I am standing there socialising
                    Oh so if happens you never have to cover it? Or would you try to hide yourself?

                    Comment


                    • I'd hide it to be respectful of others. Even though it is totally natural it does make women feel sexualized typically. It's important for women to be comfortable with nudism for it to continue and not be that weird pervy lifestyle portrayed on TV. We as nudists need to be conscience of the big picture still if we want to be accepted and for nudity to be more normalized

                      Comment


                      • Taking a piss is natural too, doesn't mean we should be peeing wherever since we're already naked right. Not the same thing but it's the same ballpark

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Noodfellaz View Post
                          Taking a piss is natural too, doesn't mean we should be peeing wherever since we're already naked right. Not the same thing but it's the same ballpark
                          Peeing is not the same. It’s unsanitary. Nudity itself is natural, should we cover up because society says so? So body acceptance applies to everybody except males at that certain time of the day? What would be the problem if people are no longer offended by a non-sexual erection? Just curious.

                          Comment


                          • "What would be the problem if people are no longer offended by a non-sexual erection? Just curious."

                            Nothing would be wrong with that, soundman. I have a feeling many actually aren't specifically offended, but in a nudist environment, it is more of an etiquette to cover an erection. Even when wearing clothes in the textile world, it is just etiquette not to allow your erection to bulge out your pants in an obvious way (causing a bulge, not showing).

                            Bob S.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bob S. View Post
                              "What would be the problem if people are no longer offended by a non-sexual erection? Just curious."

                              Nothing would be wrong with that, soundman. I have a feeling many actually aren't specifically offended, but in a nudist environment, it is more of an etiquette to cover an erection. Even when wearing clothes in the textile world, it is just etiquette not to allow your erection to bulge out your pants in an obvious way (causing a bulge, not showing).

                              Bob S.
                              Sorry but I still need some clarification. If a woman in the textile world has a mastectomy she must wear fake breasts to appear "normal". Any kind of male bulge is minimized. I have had naturist friends stay with us in the past. One guest got up early to use the restroom and I noticed he had an erection as he walked towards the restroom. Because of body respect I did not say anything and ignored it. Should I have told him to cover up next time because of etiquette?
                              Last edited by soundman; 11-05-2020, 04:56 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by newton View Post
                                If it does happen, it seems to me that the demeanor and actions of the person having the erection is the main issue. Does he act in a way that bothers other people? The actions may be a problem.
                                I was at a "couples/adults only" nudist venue (not swinger) this summer. We were only 4 couples total. Among us was a younger man, who evidently had a "condition" which caused him to have a seemingly permanent erection. Over 2-3 days there I rarely saw him without one.
                                His behavior though was totally on the up-and-up. He was friendly and actually quite shy; perhaps due to awareness of his "condition." As a result his erection was largely ignored. Even my newbie wife had a pleasant interaction with him in spite of his "status." She just didn't take his erection as an "infraction towards her."

                                BUT.
                                The setting and the person BOTH made it a non-issue. Someone being "brazen" about an erection at a "family-oriented" resort is not going to get such a benefit of the doubt.
                                So unless you're a very sweet guy amongst just a few non-judgmental nudist couples, I would recommend turning over or covering up.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X