Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should erections be hidden? (See opposing views below first)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If nipples had to be covered when erect, both men and women would have to treat them the same. However, the nipple simply isn't as noticeable as the penis and simply and fortunately doesn't have the same sexual symbolism.

Bob S.

Comment

• Nobody's ever been assaulted by a nipple

Unfortunately, natural or not, I believe that is why erections are not welcome no matter the intent. We have to respect the fact it makes most women uncomfortable

Comment

• They may not have been assaulted by the nipple, but there are stories of men being assaulted by women's breasts, in one case a Washington State woman suffocated and killed her boyfriend with her breasts.

Men should respect the fact that women may become uncomfortable with erections, but those same women should respect the fact that most erections are non-sexual and men can't control when they occur.

Bob S.

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback everyone.
          I went back through some of the 14 pages of contributions at this thread and noticed a couple of females did say something about this subject. One of them seemed uncommitted about it and the other one described erect penises as 'cute'. I think she even went so far as to describe it as 'flattering' if she was perceived as the reason for it.
          It's quite possible she was just trolling for fun, I'm not sure, but I think it would be informative if the results of a females-only poll were available - preferably by a significant number of women.
          We males could possibly be surprised and find that the majority of females aren't necessarily offended or intimidated by it at all. Maybe they just think it's funny. Or maybe they're completely disinterested. Who knows?
          I don't think I've ever truly understood what makes women tick and the passage of time doesn't seem to be helping me much!

BTW. This particular physiological problem only happened to me once, when I was 30 years younger than today. And only my wife was anywhere near, so there was no embarrassment involved for anyone. I suppose it's generally only a significant concern for younger males(?), which reminds me of a comical line by a woman in a movie describing adolescent males as having 'permanent erections'!! {LOL.}

I suppose the main point of my comparison with nipple erections in females was really just to offer a kind of defence for males. The fact is, erectile tissue in either sex often behaves reflexively and can't always be consciously controlled. To that extent, I think both sexes have to make allowance for such events, with the same old proviso that it must of course be unintentional and not meant to cause any trouble.

Comment

• PLEASE, SIGN AND SHARE. This is a petition to get public nudity LEGALIZED in the USA! Thank you! https://sign.moveon.org/p/uspubnud

Comment

• David, you are exactly the problem. It's aggressive, inappropriate, and lacks class

Comment

• Originally posted by Noodfellaz View Post
                David, you are exactly the problem. It's aggressive, inappropriate, and lacks class
                What did David say that was inappropriate? Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by soundman View Post
                  What did David say that was inappropriate? Thank you!
                  He deleted his post

Comment

• I like seeing an occasional erection but I realize most women don’t. If I get one I just roll over.

Comment

• Originally posted by BareSkin View Post
                      Thanks for the feedback everyone.
                      I went back through some of the 14 pages of contributions at this thread and noticed a couple of females did say something about this subject. One of them seemed uncommitted about it and the other one described erect penises as 'cute'. I think she even went so far as to describe it as 'flattering' if she was perceived as the reason for it.
                      It's quite possible she was just trolling for fun, I'm not sure, but I think it would be informative if the results of a females-only poll were available - preferably by a significant number of women.
                      We males could possibly be surprised and find that the majority of females aren't necessarily offended or intimidated by it at all. Maybe they just think it's funny. Or maybe they're completely disinterested. Who knows?
                      I don't think I've ever truly understood what makes women tick and the passage of time doesn't seem to be helping me much!

BTW. This particular physiological problem only happened to me once, when I was 30 years younger than today. And only my wife was anywhere near, so there was no embarrassment involved for anyone. I suppose it's generally only a significant concern for younger males(?), which reminds me of a comical line by a woman in a movie describing adolescent males as having 'permanent erections'!! {LOL.}

I suppose the main point of my comparison with nipple erections in females was really just to offer a kind of defence for males. The fact is, erectile tissue in either sex often behaves reflexively and can't always be consciously controlled. To that extent, I think both sexes have to make allowance for such events, with the same old proviso that it must of course be unintentional and not meant to cause any trouble.
                      Tissue in the penis "behaves reflexively and can't always be consciously controlled" is very true. It often happens to me, the involuntary erection, when playing volleyball. Extremely embarrassing because it, um, can become, uh well, very apparent. So Usually just take five and sit down, grab a towel and say I need to cool off and drink something. When it's subsided I get back in the game. Maybe it's just me, because I feel very self-conscious about having a large erection and bringing more attention to myself. I guess I've just always thought (projecting maybe) that everyone associated erections with sex and sexual thoughts, so I've always sat down and tried to hide them when they come up (pun intended ).

Of course social nudity and being a nudist is not about sex or sexual thoughts, and we tell the textiles that all the time, and I wouldn't think anything about a 12-year boy jumping around the volleyball and getting an erection and keep on playing. Much smaller penis, so no big deal. So maybe it's because it's so much larger I feel like it's drawing more attention. I don't know what I'm saying now, maybe just projecting or seeking others' opinions. I hope this all makes sense.

Comment

• If only, at almost 70, I still had the problem of unwanted erections. We've been "nuding" it publicly for around 25 to 30years. There were a couple times I had an erection, but it quickly subsided with little or no notice. It was my wife's fault.
                        We've been to numerous nude beaches and resorts over the years. I have seen an erection at nearly every one, if only briefly. None of them were presented in an offensive manner. They happen. Unless there are nefarious motives behind it, oh well.

Comment

• I went to my first nudist resort a few weeks ago. Granted, I am 77 years old and dont know if I can even get an erection; but I was concerned. I came face to face with a very beautiful lady in her twenties. She had a very sexy body. But we talked for about 15 minutes and I passed my own test. I did not get an erection. Now I am no longer worried. But she had a beautiful face and body. Whewwww

Comment

• I don't know if this is universal or not, but I will get an erection after diving or snorkeling for longer periods. It doesn't happen right away, but it occurs when my body gets back to normal temperature. I love to snorkel nude, whenever possible, and will spend an hour or two in the water. I believe my body temperature goes down a little, if shrinkage is any indication. I'll bask in the sun afterwards to warm up. At some point I'll feel a rush of sorts, and will get a sudden, unwanted, erection, which also quickly subsidies. It's like a "systems check", my body making sure everything still works. Of course this happens when I'm back on the nude beach. Its imilar to what occurs during the night. I've noticed it happens to other divers as well. Has anybody else had that occur?
                            Last edited by Tanazz; 06-18-2022, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• I think it depends on the context. A temporary involuntary excitement is one thing - though it may be a good idea to cover up or at least sit down until it subsides, as some people may find it embarrassing. However, you do get a certain sort of guy who deliberately flaunts his erection or semi-erection in a context of social nudity. A good example is the WNBR - I have participated in some of these in the UK, and noticed certain individuals who definitely use them to exhibit their excitement and display themselves. I dont like this, and it gives nudism a bad name. There was one guy who didn't even have a bike, and was running along the street with a large stiffy bouncing around! Half way through the ride the organisers called the police, and they made him dress and leave the ride. I think that was the right decision.

Comment

• It is normal for a young man to get an erection and should not be ashamed when it happens further more people should never scold him, it is normal. But it's not a sexual thing... I am sure women also get excited too but it's not so obvious is it, do we scold them as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X