Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gay male nudist

Originally posted by Croydon View Post
    Why do people keep saying that? Nudists are no more or less prejudice than textiles. Some people keep painting nudists as open minded, free loving, all is welcome group. I have no idea where one gets this idea. Nudists are no different than the general public. The only thing that separates the two is the practice of nakedness. Nudists come from different walks of life and have vastly different life experiences. We are all different and therefore have formed different beliefs, prejudices, and tolerance levels.
    Anecdotal personal experience. Mind you, I've never been at a nudist resort or clothing optional place outside of California, Oregon, Washington and Colorado (and some visits to 'clothing optional' natural hot springs in Utah, Arizona and Nevada with a small or non-existent crowd present that probably don't count). I've never been at a nudist resort outside of the USA, either. Maybe it's different there.

True, we all come from very different backgrounds. However, my experience is undeniable and entirely true for the places that I've been to. Some may argue that, with the exception of Utah and Arizona, all of those states tend to have very liberal attitudes in general. Maybe, but there's still PLENTY of prejudiced people in California and all of the other states. The percentage of prejudiced people, in my experience, is very drastically lower at nudist resorts, nude beaches and the like then the rest of society. This is true even in a liberal state like California.

I am sorry if that's not your experience, but it most certainly and undeniably has been mine.
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 07-21-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Sam View Post
      Ok I am gay and you know what kind of guys I have trouble with hitting on me? Guys that are supposed to be straight, married with kids. And no I don't like it. I am gay, have a partner, and that works for me. I am true to my partner and there are others like me. I don't understand how a straight man, married with kids can go both ways. I more so dont understand why you would be married and would be untrue to your spouse. My dog has higher standards.
      Usually they are on the down-low, the wife and kids are a "beard". Some maybe bi-sexual, but I do not know why they would want to cheat on their spouse and the is what is most troubling for me.
      Last edited by nimrod; 07-21-2011, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richo View Post
        Being gay involves a lot of stress in social interactions that straight individuals don't even recognize, simply because they've never had to worry about it. There is, in a sense, an extra burden applied to gays that doesn't apply to straights. In order to "be equal", gays have to either conform to the standards set by heterosexual society (which is one kind of oppression) or put up with people being constantly "offended" and demanding they go back to being invisible (which is another kind of oppression).

The best way to recognize your own privilege is to look at those situations where you -aren't- privileged and see how the people who are on the opposite sides of those situations behave. You might recognize some of your own patterns in them.
        A few months ago I went to a gay bar with two guys that I work with. I'm straight and they are a gay couple. I was really struck by how much their PDA (public displays of affection) changed when we were in the gay bar. I had known them for like 6 months and had never seen them be as physical towards each other as they were in that bar. They weren't being "get a room" physical or anything; they weren't doing anything that I wouldn't do in a bar with my GF but I had never seen them act that way before. I realized that even in a liberal city like Atlanta (which does have a large gay population) my friends have a certain way that they act towards each other when they're out among the majority straight population vs how they act when they're in a specific "gay" place. I wouldn't think twice about giving my GF a little kiss on the cheek or a big hug if we were at a bar together but I realized that my friends don't feel that they have that luxury. They deliberately (or perhaps even self consciously) tone down their PDA towards each other when they're out in the straight world probably because they don't want to be called some nasty name or be accused of "cramming their homosexuality down somebodies throat." As a straight man I can give my GF a kiss without anybody accusing me of cramming my straightness down somebodies throat. That's a privilege that I enjoy because of my sexual orientation.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitz1980 View Post
          A few months ago I went to a gay bar with two guys that I work with. I'm straight and they are a gay couple. I was really struck by how much their PDA (public displays of affection) changed when we were in the gay bar. I had known them for like 6 months and had never seen them be as physical towards each other as they were in that bar. They weren't being "get a room" physical or anything; they weren't doing anything that I wouldn't do in a bar with my GF but I had never seen them act that way before. I realized that even in a liberal city like Atlanta (which does have a large gay population) my friends have a certain way that they act towards each other when they're out among the majority straight population vs how they act when they're in a specific "gay" place. I wouldn't think twice about giving my GF a little kiss on the cheek or a big hug if we were at a bar together but I realized that my friends don't feel that they have that luxury. They deliberately (or perhaps even self consciously) tone down their PDA towards each other when they're out in the straight world probably because they don't want to be called some nasty name or be accused of "cramming their homosexuality down somebodies throat." As a straight man I can give my GF a kiss without anybody accusing me of cramming my straightness down somebodies throat. That's a privilege that I enjoy because of my sexual orientation.
          These behaviors are changing everyday though. Just today, I saw (what I assumed to be) a lesbian couple walking on the beach and holding hands very publicly... Nobody got up and admonished them, the PDA police didn't come and take them away, and they weren't struck by a bolt of lightening from the clouds.

Society is becoming much more tolerant of homosexuality. It's taking time, but it's happening.

Comment

not really following the flow here but i have several 'gay' and several 'straight' friends, i really don't care to hear either tell me about their preferred preference, sexually, just saying...

Comment

All are welcome in my circle.

Comment

tommy, check the date of the last reply

Comment

Originally posted by Fitz1980 View Post

Fitz, maybe that's because that's the way it's been for the last millennial and has change considerably in the last decade. People have a tough time accepting change like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X