No announcement yet.

Bringing up nudity to family members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I first got interested in being naked totally by accident; when I was 13 my parents moved to a house with a pool and moving day was dreadfully hot and swimsuits were never going to be found. My brothers were both much younger so Mom agreed they didn't need them, but she said I was "too old". I protested vigorously, not because I wanted to swim naked, but merely because it was too hot to care. Eventually she relented. Well, I discovered what we all now know, namely how much better it is to be nude, and then continued not wearing a suit the next several days, even after she had unpacked everything. This also was met with protests, but both Mom and Dad were too busy with the move to put up much of a fuss. So, I sort of backed into it, but it worked well, because the original issue was not being naked, just swimming vs being hot. In due course they decided they were ok with my nudity, so this continues all the way through HS.

So I guess what I am saying is that if you can figure out some good excuse why you ought to be naked, then its probably much easier to convince any reluctant family members that its ok. Like maybe its laundry day and you want whatever you have on to be washed, so instead on going back to your room and changing, just take it off in front of everyone and put it in the wash. Or you can't find your PJ's so you need to sleep naked, and maybe someone sees you. Or you come down to breakfast undressed because you can't figure out what you want to wear that day. A little bit of thought can surely create better ideas than I have suggested, depending on your situation.

Comment

Carefully planned "accidents" can help family members grow accustomed to your nudity. It depends on the people and personalities involved, but sometimes talking about it first can be more awkward for both of you than just starting to do it in brief moments, getting "caught", then gradually extending your time without clothes. I've done this with anyone I've lived with, they've all seen me naked at least a few times. Some saw me naked so much it seemed weird to them when I was wearing clothes. I eventually got my college roommate used to my being nude at home nearly full time when others weren't visiting. I think even his gf got a few actually-accidental peeks, haha, and they never complained. Other than this one "odd" behavior I was a pretty good roommate, I guess, so they put up with it. I really wish I'd pushed my nudity limits even more but I was pretty shy back then.

Sometimes it's easier to go naked first and talk about it later (if at all) than to ask for permission. Maybe they won't complain at all and you're all set. If nothing else, it's fun to get "caught" from time to time.

Comment

Only those who I have lived with can really be sure of my nudist tendencies though others may suspect. I've been caught a number of times by a number of people. When she was a teenager and still living with us, my stepdaughter and some of her friends caught me getting out of the hot tub. Another time a bunch of them were coming up from the basement as I was headed for my early morning exercise routine. Doing that nude is really the only way. My wife came home one time with her mother and found me watching TV in the living room.
        When they first started coming over and staying with us, I had to be careful about being nude in front of our grandsons. I'm less careful a year later, had them in the hot tub with me, and there has been no comments that would deter me from being nude more often. I am sleeping nude again, watch TV after they have gone to bed or before they get up, and will walk from bathroom to bedroom now without getting dressed. I am often nude in my office and they are getting the idea that nude can be normal.
        It's six o'clock in the morning, my wife is still in bed, and I will in the next few minutes be varnishing a plant stand without getting dressed. The grandsons are not here this morning, but my level of being dressed would not be different if they were here.

Comment

At age 8, I and my cousin started swim lessons at the YMCA. My mother asked if I was ok with swimming without a suit, because she did not object. My cousin and I grew up seeing other naked for many years. I would also go from the bath room to the bedroom totally without any covering. No body object, so I did it every night. I was able to do this all the way thru high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Senza Nome View Post
            At age 8, I and my cousin started swim lessons at the YMCA. My mother asked if I was ok with swimming without a suit, because she did not object. My cousin and I grew up seeing other naked for many years. I would also go from the bath room to the bedroom totally without any covering. No body object, so I did it every night. I was able to do this all the way thru high school.
            Thats pretty awesome! About what year was that? I'm 62 and our local Y allowed adult nude swimming but the kids swim classes were always with a suit.

Comment

Originally posted by NudeOne View Post
              Carefully planned "accidents" can help family members grow accustomed to your nudity.
              Even though that approach is "controversial" to some; it indeed can work - depending on the people involved.

A friend of mine, after listening to me speak about home-nudism, decided she liked the idea and wanted to try it. But time after time, she couldn't bring herself to talking about it with her son. Just felt too awkward. So we discussed different "options"; and settled on just letting him "catch her" naked - in the least "shocking" way possible. So we went over her daily routines; and we settled on not completely closing the door when she showered in the morning. One day she walked out of the shower and saw her son standing in the doorway. Per my recommendation she decided to "act natural" and not instinctively cover up. After the initial surprise, and with her acting totally naturally, the "band-aid" was ripped off, so to speak, and she was able to continue being nude at home every day; with no adverse reaction from her son.

It might not be the "best" way; but if it works, it works.

Comment

Working...
              X