Nudity (Lack Of) at Gold's Gym Lockerroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudity (Lack Of) at Gold's Gym Lockerroom

I recentlty joined Gold's Gym to get in better shape and lose a few pounds. The very first day in the lockerroom, I engaged in a conversation with a man in his 60's, while I was changing out of my workout clothes. He showed me a terrycloth wrap he had purchased that wrapped around with a velcro snap that covered his midsection. He informed me that this was in response to the Gym's policy of limiting lockerroom nudity. he informed me to be careful not to expose myself in the lockerroom because members have complained to the staff about seeing nudity in the mens' lockerroom! How shocking! I couldn't believe my ears. The lockers are tiny and they have 3 very small individual showers that are just large enough to turn around in. If they had made open showers, more showerheads would be available and there would be much less cramping. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that men should take offense at seeing other men naked in a lockerroom. This is my only complaint about Gold's Gym and strangely enough, I bet that this lack of tolerance to nudity is a selling point for them.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Thanks for letting me let off some steam
    Attached Files

This may be a local phenomenon. I have not had that experience at any of the several Gold's Gyms I have visited in several states. I have never encountered any issues with nudity in the locker rooms.

Comment

Flanudedude, good to see ya. I think this might be an isolated event. Nudity here in the Bay Area's Gold's Gym is a non-issue. But I do find it shocking that nudity is banned in a locker room in general. That's just ridiculous.

-Fred

Comment

This is absolutely nuts! (pardon the pun) Get a refund immediately (if possible) and join the local YMCA. Hopefully it will not be as ridiculously paranoid as that Gold's Gym.

Comment

It's a sign of the times; paralyzing fear of the human body. Keep in mind that it probably is not the gym management who has a problem with it, but they are trying to maintain as many customers as possible. In today's economic times I bet a lot of gym memberships are getting dumped. I got rid of mine for a while. It is a shame that there are so many people who are so insecure that they can't be around the natural body. It's too bad locker rooms can't be co-ed with open showers. That would be better. Why not?

Comment

If you think the nudity in the locker room is bad, you should see what people are putting into the toilets! EGAD! And the showers, with all that sudsing and rubbing -DISGUSTING! Oh the humanity!

what about the childrens?

Comment

I went to Golds gym for a while and did not notice anything like that where I live.

But I did observe one thing at a gym locker room recently that just floored me. As I went in the shower, there were two young men in there showering with their boxers on! They were reaching underneath and scrubbing and everything. How crazy is that! I"ve also noticed (and smelled) that many young men are skipping showers all together after hitting the gym. I can't remember where, but I heard that a fear of gays may be an issue too. Does any one know if this is more a fear of nudity or gays? Either way it seems kind of stupid to me.

Comment

I've thought of the perfect solution, why not just ban people, they are obviously the route of all evil. Just send your membership subscription by mail and never set foot on the premises, all problems solved.

See, there's always a solution!

Pete Knight

Comment

Originally posted by inudist View Post
                  Either way it seems kind of stupid to me.
                  So were these guys wearing flip-flops in the shower? It would seem the fear of athlete's foot fungus is much more real than any issues about seeing one nude. Likewise, I wonder if the fellow banning nudity in the locker room trains his attendants in CPR where there's a sauna and the elderly. Closed minds focus on the wrong things...

Comment

Our local pool does not have such a sign that I could see. Women acted as if there was a sign saying no nudity. I was truly uncomfortable at the extreme modesty that was there. Heaven forbid anyone should see some bare skin!

Comment

Similiar Situation

I hear you. That happened to me recently. I work out on a regular basis. I have an excercise room set up in my condo. I'm used to working out alone and whenever I want to. Recently a buddy of mine, invited me to a gym that he just joined. He wanted me to go with him, to show him how to use the weights. After our workout, I got undressed, slung a towel over my shoulder,grabbed my shampoo and bar of soap, and headed for the showers. He says "shocked Hey dude, what are you doing? " I said " I'm standing here talking to you." Then he said, " You might want to get dressed and take your shower at home, THAT isn't done here. " I said " TODAY it is. "
                      Even if I wasn't a nudist, I would find that to be very sad and peculiar behavior. It made me realize how happy I am, that I am evolved and without hangups.

Triker

Comment

I still remember the last time that I went to a public pool. I'd stripped out of my clothes to put my suit on, and couldn't help but notice that the majority of people in the room, young and old, suddenly turned the other way and shuffled their feet, LITERALLY! These people seemed to actually be ASHAMED of seeing someone else naked! I was a little shocked, to put it simply.

I'll still get my suit on while in the locker room, and I will even shower nude. I don't see much point in a mens and womens locker room if you can't remove your clothes, it should just be co-ed once they ban nudity. Much easier on the janitorial staff and many other levels.

Nudity banned in a single-sex locker room. That's just absurd!

Comment

In my leisure centre, we have now installed cubicle-changing, so there is no need for communal nudity at all. They have done the same thing at my youngest daughter's school. Individual cubicle changing has to be the best solution in the long term.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Triker View Post
                            " Let's take acid, get naked, jump in the ocean, and pretend we're dolphins "
                            Veering off topic... I happen to be reading "Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy". The dolphins leave the planet just before it's destroyed. It turns out humans are the 3rd most intelligent species behind mice and dolphins. And just like us nudists visiting a resort, galactic travelers bring a towel everywhere they go.

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Drakkus View Post
                              I still remember the last time that I went to a public pool. I'd stripped out of my clothes to put my suit on, and couldn't help but notice that the majority of people in the room, young and old, suddenly turned the other way and shuffled their feet, LITERALLY! These people seemed to actually be ASHAMED of seeing someone else naked! I was a little shocked, to put it simply.

I'll still get my suit on while in the locker room, and I will even shower nude. I don't see much point in a mens and womens locker room if you can't remove your clothes, it should just be co-ed once they ban nudity. Much easier on the janitorial staff and many other levels.

Nudity banned in a single-sex locker room. That's just absurd!
                              In Europe it's not unusual to have female cleaning staff in the mens changing rooms, and very common in men's restrooms, the guys don't bat an eyelid, standing at the urinal as the lady cleans around them, or just going about their tasks.

Pete Knight

Comment

Working...
                              X