Here's one for the health freaks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's one for the health freaks...

The oldest woman in the UK has died, aged 111. According to this Sky News report, she put her long life down to a daily diet of bread and dripping (meat fat) with salt. Does make you wonder, doesn't it?

The oldest woman in the UK has died, aged 111. According to this Sky News report, she put her long life down to a daily diet of bread and dripping (meat fat) with salt. Does make you wonder, doesn't it?

Comment

Reminds me of a ninety two year old man who dies in Vidalia, Georgia. He was known to enjoy moonshine he would get from someone living near Oak park, Georgia.

I overheard an older lady saying all those years drinking that stuff finally got him.

Comment

Tiger 79:
        Please give me a glare where you got your beach sign. That is surely unique exemplar from my personal computer what I noone never gave except one community leader until competition wasnt ended, but we agreed later he will use another (better) model of sign design(Venstpils nude beach). Adittionally, there beach stays at left not right, so I am just in shock something like that really stays in the territory where I ought to know each stone on a beach.... WHERE You got it, please.

Comment

Oh dear, Johny, this is a problem! I saw the image somewhere on the internet, and saved it on my computer. Looking carefully, I see the image has a "watermark" on it which says "Travel-Images.com" and I've found it on their website - the bad news is it's a copyright image and theoretically I have to pay to use it. So I think I'll be changing my avatar image soon! The photo was taken at 1414 on 30 April 2005, to see the original photo on the Travel Images site click here.

Comment

tiger - I would prefer if your new avatar showed a snowstorm or rainstorm at the least. We still have too long to wait!!!!

Comment

Only 51 days! The weeks will just fly by!

Comment

cool image.....but hey....if I photoshop it, then I've taken an image and manipulated it so that it is no longer the artists image, but rather my own? And....I don't copyright. People who want to copyright should keep their photos in a "no photos allowed" art gallery or learn to disable right-clicking.

Comment

Any image seen on a computer monitor screen can be captured as a screen capture even with right click and save disabled.

Comment

Comment

The naked gods will get you doc!

Comment

DoctorSurferDude;

If someone were to leave their car door unlocked, is it okay to steal a wallet left on the front seat of the car?

Intellectual property is very hard to lock. However, it can belong to the creator. Taking it without permission is like stealing that wallet.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by DoctorSurferDude:
                          cool image.....but hey....if I photoshop it, then I've taken an image and manipulated it so that it is no longer the artists image, but rather my own? And....I don't copyright.

A manipulated photoshop of an image is a derivative work still protected by the original work's copyright.

But in this case it appears that travel- images dot com is claiming a copyright they do not possess, at least that they would not possess under US law.

An interesting concept. A photo can be copyrighted, but a photo of a copyrighted image would be a derivative work - that is what travel- images dot com appears to be doing. However, photos taken in public places normally are not considered to violate the copyright of works visible in the public space (this has recently been challenged in the case of some public art and even architecture), so a photo of a beach sign taken at the beach should be OK.

Oh well, I'm not an IP lawyer, and certainly not expert on Latvian law.

-Mark

Comment

Oh...my bad...I thought the part that was copyrighted was the watermark....since that was the only original part of the picture.

The person who took the picture obviously didn't make the sign, nor did he use any artistic talent whatsoever to take a picture of it. So they shouldn't try and copyright non-original work.

How do you take something you can't touch? How do you posess an intangible thing? The real deal is on some street in Lavatia....if I took that it would be stealing and the Lavatian govornment would fine me I'm sure.

I have gained nothing of value to posess and I have no plans to use this image for any personal gain.

Comment

Tiger:
                              Thanks, yet it is surely as sure the sign of our concourse which author Martin is my good friend, and sign`s Latvian languaged inscription clearly shows that it had been mounted somewhere here at my State. Its not a sin, and You are free to use that sign`s shape costfree everywhere You want, that was a main intention when we made that concourse. The same about author - he surely not willing to charge any payment for use of this combination. But I am bit shocked that PICTURE of this sign containing no "artistic" details may be stolen by that company without of any pardon to Community leaders made it or us what invented it. And little bit I am curious about that Community if leader talks one and make other that is quite contrary as intention of any agreement may be. He is free to use it if he like better, but why then to say he likes other more? Ekh, lets be. Nerve cells are more precious to spend them quarreling about tiny things.

Comment

Working...
                              X