• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Cooking

What a cool (hot) idea.

Artist gets naked to earn bread

Sharon Baker said it was "eerie" seeing the model come out of the oven
    An artist who baked a life-size model of her own naked body out of bread dough will watch her audience eat it at an exhibition.
    Sharon Baker - her real name - used 24 eggs for the bread body, which weighed 36 kilos before it was cooked.

Ms Baker, 45, from Epsom, Surrey baked the model in the biggest oven she could find at Brooklands College, Weybridge.

The 5ft 3in loaf of bread, baked on Friday, will be shown at an exhibition in London's Docklands on Sunday.

Ms Baker, who was wrapped in plaster to make a mould for the dough, said she made her first bread artwork four years ago.

"It was prompted by the sad and early death of a friend from breast cancer," she said.

"I wanted to create a body in something that would decay like the human body does.

"The fragility of life really strikes home when somebody dies young."

What a cool (hot) idea.

Artist gets naked to earn bread

Sharon Baker said it was "eerie" seeing the model come out of the oven
    An artist who baked a life-size model of her own naked body out of bread dough will watch her audience eat it at an exhibition.
    Sharon Baker - her real name - used 24 eggs for the bread body, which weighed 36 kilos before it was cooked.

Ms Baker, 45, from Epsom, Surrey baked the model in the biggest oven she could find at Brooklands College, Weybridge.

The 5ft 3in loaf of bread, baked on Friday, will be shown at an exhibition in London's Docklands on Sunday.

Ms Baker, who was wrapped in plaster to make a mould for the dough, said she made her first bread artwork four years ago.

"It was prompted by the sad and early death of a friend from breast cancer," she said.

"I wanted to create a body in something that would decay like the human body does.

"The fragility of life really strikes home when somebody dies young."

Comment

Interesting story Shãybare, thanks. I did the Google bit and found

Artist Sharon’s using her loaf -
      http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/vi...aspx?id=335836
      -------------------------

Comment

in all truth all kinds of things went through my mind when i read that one line.
        as i read on,i could see where she is coming from,and at least this is indeed art,all should enjoy. some more then others. [depends on allergies].
        if you find any pixs on the "wire" please post.
        i could never do that,at 190 lbs and 5' 7" they won't find an oven that wide. lol

Comment

I wouldn't mind being at the exhibition. I am a leg man myself. Is there a hint of cannabalism in that?? Naah

Comment

I won't go into the jokes that this opens up, nope I won't ...

Interesting exhibit.

... I do like muffins, though.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by nacktman:
              I won't go into the jokes that this opens up, nope I won't ...

Interesting exhibit.

... I do like muffins, though.

A short post by nacktman? Nacktman holding back? I am falling out of my chair in disbelief. lol

Comment

Working...
              X