Ireland's worst driver!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland's worst driver!

Prawo Jazdy - a Polish immigrant to Ireland (Poles are the largest immigrant group on the Emerald Isle) had become something of a folk hero among the emigre community. He was wanted from Cork to Cavan after running up the largest spree of vehicular infractions in Irish history. From speeding to illegal parking to moving violations - he did them all - at least 50 times, yet managed to slip through the fingers of the lawmen because every time he was apprehended, his perfectly proper Polish ID identified him as a different Prawo Jazdy with a completely different address and identity.

One of Prawo Jazdy's many ID's

The serial scofflaw has never been run to ground, but authorities have finally discovered how the devious Prawo Jazdy has managed to cover his tracks ... In Polish "Prawo Jazdy" means ... Driver's License ... oops!

The mystery of Ireland's worst driver

Given how the Irish and Poles seem to be the butt of almost anyone else's humour, nice to see one of them getting one over the other. Reminds me of the Irishman who went to the dentist to have a wisdom tooth put in.

Comment

Atalanta

There was no call for the ethnic slur against the Irish.

The Irish and Poles are not the butts of everyone's humor.

Please keep your bigotry to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by walter05 View Post
        There was no call for the ethnic slur against the Irish.

The Irish and Poles are not the butts of everyone's humor.

Please keep your bigotry to yourself.
        Don't get uptight, it is a fact that the Irish have been, and still are subject to humourous denigration, do a search for Irish jokes.

My sister-in-law is Irish and told some of the best Irish jokes I'd ever heard, it defused an awkward situation when she was first introduced to the family.

We have joked about the Irish for years, and the French see the Belgians in the same way, there are other similar comparisons but they elude me for the moment. I read about this somewhere (Pre internet.) and it gave many of the comparisons.

You can take political correctness too far.

Pete Knight

Comment

LOL. That is a good story. I wonder if the Polish folks have learned about the Blarney Stone, and its use. Seems like there could be some good use of it in this situation. :sneaky:

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Knight View Post
            Don't get uptight, it is a fact that the Irish have been, and still are subject to humourous denigration, do a search for Irish jokes.

You can take political correctness too far.

Pete Knight
            Thank you Pete, I thought the reaction uncalled for too, and was surprised to see it from Walter. By the way, I am of Irish stock.

Comment

Originally posted by atalanta View Post
              Thank you Pete, I thought the reaction uncalled for too, and was surprised to see it from Walter. By the way, I am of Irish stock.
              I am of Irish stock too and actually enjoyed it. My Irish family members were the wisest folk I know, so the joke had a certain irony!

Funny, I don't have the same tolerance for blonde jokes........:o

Comment

Originally posted by Boreas View Post
                I am of Irish stock too and actually enjoyed it. My Irish family members were the wisest folk I know, so the joke had a certain irony!

Funny, I don't have the same tolerance for blonde jokes........:o
                There is a very easy answer to blonde jokes......Miss Clairol!

Comment

Originally posted by Sanslines View Post
                  There is a very easy answer to blonde jokes......Miss Clairol!
                  I like being blonde, though it is changing to silver. I see no reason to change since it is what god gave me.

Comment

I'm 1/4 Irish myself, and I didn't take offense to it. I thought it pretty funny and saw no offense at all! It was all in good fun.

I agree with Pete too, you can definitely take political correctness too far.

Boreas,
                    My daughter is blond, and she tells some awesome blond jokes for her age. Every once in a while we'll tell her a couple good ones from when we were kids, and she'll go off to school and tell them to her friends during recess. I'm rather proud of her that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Drakkus View Post
                      Boreas,
                      My daughter is blond, and she tells some awesome blond jokes for her age. Every once in a while we'll tell her a couple good ones from when we were kids, and she'll go off to school and tell them to her friends during recess. I'm rather proud of her that way.
                      To each his or her own!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Drakkus View Post
                        I'm 1/4 Irish myself, and I didn't take offense to it. I thought it pretty funny and saw no offense at all! It was all in good fun.

I agree with Pete too, you can definitely take political correctness too far.

Boreas,
                        Getting in there first is the best way to defuse a situation, just like my sister-in-law did, so a blond telling blond jokes has the last laugh, but a blond reacting to blond jokes simply invites more of the same.

I'm Welsh and I've had to endure the sheep and wellington boot jokes for years.

Replace blond with any minority group.

Pete Knight

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Knight
                          Replace blond with any minority group.
                          I totally agree.

Actually I do not respond to them in general. Responding adds more fuel to the fire. I delete. Alternatively, I make a comment that if racial jokes are unacceptable, then so are blonde jokes. I do some work with First Nations, and we talked about this one day. I suggested that her telling me a dumb blonde joke is like me telling her a dumb Indian joke. She got it.

Comment

Oh dear, Mark. You have upset Walter. Even though this happened in Ireland and
                            involved Polish licenses, you could at least have, in the interest of PC, changed the location to somewhere else. Like maybe Wisconson and said the licenses were, oh say, Canadian.

b.l.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Lake View Post
                              you could at least have, in the interest of PC, changed the location to somewhere else. Like maybe Wisconson and said the licenses were, oh say, Canadian.

b.l.
                              Unfortunately I'm not bilingual ... so what is Canadian for "Driver's License"?

Comment

Working...
                              X