Same river Twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same river Twice

Has anyone seen the documentary.."The Same River Twice" or" RiverDogs" Which it revisits...Just out in the SF Bay Area... Looks interesting from ppreview pics...Odb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Has anyone seen the documentary.."The Same River Twice" or" RiverDogs" Which it revisits...Just out in the SF Bay Area... Looks interesting from ppreview pics...Odb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I watched the documentary last night. I had borrowed the movie from the library. I found the scenery incredible and the whole thing fascinating.

Several items stuck out in the dialogue. One dealt with the beards coming and going, ie, one does not need to do anything to be bearded, but must do something to be clean-shaven. They actually likened that to the extensive nudity they experienced during the trip along the river. To be clothed, one must do something. The other comment that stuck out was by Danny, a female character. She stated the nudity was just natural and it seemed different to dress when they had to.

Now I am going to seek the first documentary, River Dogs to see what I missed from the first movie.

Comment

I saw the Same River Twice not too long ago and really enjoyed it. The scenery of the river and the canyons from the rafting trips in the 70's was amazing.

I actually enjoyed the aspect of following a few of the people as they had aged and "matured" and chosen different paths in life from running for local political office to pretty much enjoying an extended hippie life. Their comments in retrospect about the trip and their lives together was pretty interesting as you got to view them today and hear their comments while watching footage of them on the river.

I have looked for River Dogs but it is not available through Netflix.

Comment

Working...
        X