Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad, Bad Choices for Hold Music...

[b]
    Hello, peepers. I got this idea from a website (but I will not tell you the address so you can go on there, steal stuff, and pass it off as your own. You have to be a little creative here...).
    The idea was from the Simpsons, where Homer supposedly loses Maggie (I've never seen the episode) and calls the Missing Children's Hotline, only to hear Ambrosia's "Baby, Come Back" playing as the hold music.
    So, what song would be a very unwise choice to play as hold music for any given establishment?

For example (these came from the website)--

"All that She Wants is Another Baby" by Ace of Base for Crisis Pregnancy Center and/or an abortion clinic,

"Burning Down the House" by Talking Heads for the Pyromaniacs Support Group,

"Devil's Haircut" by Beck for a Beauty Parlor

"Every Breath You Take" by the Police for a Stalker Hotline

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears for the White House

"Highway to Hell" by AC/DC for a church confession line

"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar for a Domestic Violence Hotline

"Like a Virgin" by Madonna for a Teen Pregnancy Helpline

"Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits for Dow Jones / NASDAQ

"Stand By Your Man" by Tammy Wynette for Spouse Abuse / Marriage Counseling service

"Smack My B**** Up" by Prodigy for NOW

"I Fall to Pieces" by Patsy Cline for a leoparsy colony

"You Got It" by Roy Orbitson for a disease diagnostic lab

...and here are a few I came up with:

"Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson for a Paternity Testing Clinic

"Life in One Day" by Howard Jones for a SIDS/Infant Mortality Parents' Support Service

"She Blinded Me With Science" by Thomas Dolby for 1-800-CONTACTS

"Disco Inferno" by the Bee Gees for Great White's pyrotechnician

"Rock the Casbah" by The Clash (Wink Wink, Falcon) for Saddam Hussein's mansion

"Devil Inside" by INXS for an exorcist service

and, of course...

"Ant Invasion/Ant Rap/Antmusic" by Adam and the Ants for Truly Nolen or Orkin

Can anyone else come up with a few?

[b]
    Hello, peepers. I got this idea from a website (but I will not tell you the address so you can go on there, steal stuff, and pass it off as your own. You have to be a little creative here...).
    The idea was from the Simpsons, where Homer supposedly loses Maggie (I've never seen the episode) and calls the Missing Children's Hotline, only to hear Ambrosia's "Baby, Come Back" playing as the hold music.
    So, what song would be a very unwise choice to play as hold music for any given establishment?

For example (these came from the website)--

"All that She Wants is Another Baby" by Ace of Base for Crisis Pregnancy Center and/or an abortion clinic,

"Burning Down the House" by Talking Heads for the Pyromaniacs Support Group,

"Devil's Haircut" by Beck for a Beauty Parlor

"Every Breath You Take" by the Police for a Stalker Hotline

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears for the White House

"Highway to Hell" by AC/DC for a church confession line

"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar for a Domestic Violence Hotline

"Like a Virgin" by Madonna for a Teen Pregnancy Helpline

"Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits for Dow Jones / NASDAQ

"Stand By Your Man" by Tammy Wynette for Spouse Abuse / Marriage Counseling service

"Smack My B**** Up" by Prodigy for NOW

"I Fall to Pieces" by Patsy Cline for a leoparsy colony

"You Got It" by Roy Orbitson for a disease diagnostic lab

...and here are a few I came up with:

"Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson for a Paternity Testing Clinic

"Life in One Day" by Howard Jones for a SIDS/Infant Mortality Parents' Support Service

"She Blinded Me With Science" by Thomas Dolby for 1-800-CONTACTS

"Disco Inferno" by the Bee Gees for Great White's pyrotechnician

"Rock the Casbah" by The Clash (Wink Wink, Falcon) for Saddam Hussein's mansion

"Devil Inside" by INXS for an exorcist service

and, of course...

"Ant Invasion/Ant Rap/Antmusic" by Adam and the Ants for Truly Nolen or Orkin

Can anyone else come up with a few?

Comment

What about that song:"you can keep your hat on" I dont remember the name of the song but it could be played at a nudist resort?

Comment

"Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett, or "I Drink Alone" by George Thorogood for an AA help line.

"No Particular Place To Go" by George Thorogood for AAA.

"The Tide is High" by Blondie for Coast Guard Rescue. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[b]
          Chucky,
          "You Can Leave Your Hat On" was originally sung by either Joe Cocker or Tom Jones (I'm not sure). As you probably know, that's the one on all the Chippendales commercials. (Just a little tidbit of information to impress people at parties with [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

WannaBe, I love the AA ones. Those are always funny.

I came up with some more this morning...

"Bring Me to Life" by Evanescence for a cryogenics lab

"Why Do Fools Fall in Love?" by Diana Ross for a marriage counseling service

"It's a Man's World" by James Brown for NOW

"Flood" by Jars of Clay for the U.S. Coast Guard

"When a Man Loves a Woman" by Percy Sledge for a homosexual loveline

"Leave Me Breathless" by the Corrs for a CPR Helpline

"Hungry Like a Wolf" by Duran Duran for Weight Watchers/Jenny Craig

"The Remedy" by Jason Mraz for Dr. Jack Kevorkian's Office

"Last Resort" by Papa Roach and "Suicide Solution" by Ozzy Osbourne for a Suicide Prevention Hotline

"Footloose" by Kenny Loggins for the Paralyzed Veterans of America

"Half the Man I Used to Be" by the Stone Temple Pilots for an amputees' support line

"(All You do to Me is) Talk Talk" by Talk Talk for a shrink's clinic

"Last Kiss" by Pearl Jam for an Auto Injury Lawyers' office

"Alive and Kickin'" by the Simple Minds for a mortuary/funeral home

"Everything She Wants" by WHAM! (George Michael) for a Debt-Free Financial Counseling Hotline

"The Reflex" by Duran Duran for a Parkinson's/Epilepsy/Tourrette's Support Line

and of course,

"Goody Two Shoes" by Adam Ant for a liquor store/smoke shop

These two fall into the "cute hold music" catergory--

"Take Me Home Tonight" by Eddie Money for a child/pet adoption agency (Especially the line "Be my little baby" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

"Wishlist" by Pearl Jam for the Make-a-Wish foundation

Ok, ok, I changed my mind. Here's the website...
          amiright.com

Comment

[b]
            Oh, and I almost forgot...

For a nudist resort, what if they played The Austin Powers Theme as onhold music? Let's just hope Mark Foley never calls if that's the case!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay, how about "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" by Cutting Crew for 911? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As for your "You Can Leave Your Hat On" query, it was recorded by Joe Cocker sometime in the early 80's.

Comment

[b]
                Good one, S.M.A. Either 911, or on a hospital ICU phone!

How about "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister for a plastic flower factory?

Comment

[b]
                  That didn't even make any sense, She-Wolf Returns! "Broken Wings" for a plastic flower factory? Maybe you should get back into your cage where you belong! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Broken Wings" would be better with an airline company.

Comment

How about The Rolling Stones' "Brown Sugar" for the National Council for Diabetes Research?

Or maybe The Doors' "Touch Me" for The National Leprosy Association?

Comment

"Highway to Hell" by AC-DC for an abortion clinic?

Comment

I just love this forum. Anyway, here's a few more:

The Beatles' "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window" for ADT Home Security

The Ramones' "Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue" for a substance abuse hotline

Jackson Browne's "Doctor My Eyes" for Lasak Eye Surgery

Greg Kihn's "Jeopardy" for the "Wheel of Fortune" ticket office

Comment

how's about "April in Paris" for a travel agency?

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by MaxNik:
                            [qb] how's about "April in Paris" for a travel agency? [/qb]
                            Ummmm, that sounds entirely appropriate. Now "Highway to Hell" would be a good bad choice.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
                              Ummmm, that sounds entirely appropriate. Now "Highway to Hell" would be a good bad choice.

-Mark

OK then, Mark...how about "Andante from Piano Concerto #21 in C Major, K. 467" by Mozart for the MTV Studios. hehehehehehehehe! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X