Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Googling "Failure"

OK, I didn't make this up.

Go to http://www.google.com, type the word "failure" and click "I'm feeling Lucky!"

Cool result, eh??

OK, I didn't make this up.

Go to http://www.google.com, type the word "failure" and click "I'm feeling Lucky!"

Cool result, eh??

Comment

I thought Google was a far more reliable search engine than that. From the first page that appears in the search, I'd hardly call the Man a failure. But I do get what you're saying, and it is comical that He comes up in that search.
      Nudeinbama

Comment

Fate always points the way.

A one word search, with no contributing data and where does it go?!

It is written, it is done...

Comment

This made my day, thanks!

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Nudeinbama:
            I thought Google was a far more reliable search engine than that. From the first page that appears in the search, I'd hardly call the Man a failure. But I do get what you're saying, and it is comical that He comes up in that search.
            Nudeinbama

Googler insights into product and technology news and our culture.

Googlebombing 'failure'
            9/16/2005 12:54:00 PM

Posted by Marissa Mayer, Director of Consumer Web Products

If you do a Google search on the word [failure] or the phrase [miserable failure], the top result is currently the White House’s official biographical page for President Bush. We've received some complaints recently from users who assume that this reflects a political bias on our part. I'd like to explain how these results come up in order to allay these concerns.

Google's search results are generated by computer programs that rank web pages in large part by examining the number and relative popularity of the sites that link to them. By using a practice called googlebombing, however, determined pranksters can occasionally produce odd results. In this case, a number of webmasters use the phrases [failure] and [miserable failure] to describe and link to President Bush's website, thus pushing it to the top of searches for those phrases. We don't condone the practice of googlebombing, or any other action that seeks to affect the integrity of our search results, but we're also reluctant to alter our results by hand in order to prevent such items from showing up. Pranks like this may be distracting to some, but they don't affect the overall quality of our search service, whose objectivity, as always, remains the core of our mission.

Comment

I kind of find that offensive...Okay the man is not perfect, "but who is?"...and who are we to have to right to judge, criticize, and make fun...

When I am perfect, then I will expect the same from everyone else...

But I will never be, so why judge others...

In others words..."Aspire to be the CHANGE that you wish to see in others"

Comment

Bush truly is synonymous with failure in every way. His supports still can't find one thing he's done right in office. What a pathetic loser.

Comment

If I were Georgie, I wouldn't take JayFromFLAs remarks very personally, as I dislike all the politicians and members of the elite that have a stranglehold on us, the world and its economy.

Comment

Funny, but this is not a new thing. I first time saw it about a year ago, but I do wonder it still exists. It boys are very clever, and they enjoy to show how clever they are.

Comment

Great, a true definition.

Comment

If you want to help Bush you can do it with your mouse in following place http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Sauna:
                          If you want to help Bush you can do it with your mouse in following place http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

Yeah, the coolest part of that is you can slam him up against the balls too!!!

BTW - here's a funny . . . hilarious comic . . so click here http://www.jibjab.com/Home.aspx and then click on the year-end round-up at the top.

Comment

That's a bloody classic.. it just goes to show how spot on Google is!.. good one Brian

Comment

BackpackerBrian

click on the year end round up at the top ?

I looked there and found nothing

Comment

Working...
                              X