Air Restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Restrictions

Here is what it looks like here at Richmond Va for people boarding planes.

Here is what it looks like here at Richmond Va for people boarding planes.

Comment

Sure. And next you'll try to convince us that the numerals & letters on the plane are backwards so that other planes will see them correctly in their rear-view mirrors!

Comment

quote:
        Sure. And next you'll try to convince us that the numerals & letters on the plane are backwards so that other planes will see them correctly in their rear-view mirrors!

Notice that the plane also sports the flag of Paraguay.

I believe backwards text is common on the right side of Paraguayan aircraft for exactly the same reason the US flag is painted reversed on the right side of the Space Shuttle - in order to place the beginning at the front of the craft. Fortunately the Paraguaynese are a very clever people who are able to read in either direction.

I believe I detected some skepticism in in the previous post about the authenticity of the photo above. As an expert in digital photo enhancement I can assure you that the photo shows no visible signs of manipulation. I believe it would even pass the stringent Reuters standard for authenticity.

-Mark

Comment

Rabid_Clam

explain what has air restrictions got to do with airport security restrictions ?

Comment

This is obviously a doctored photo

Comment

Pretty good "Naturist Mark" close but not correct.

As a Australian and U.S. Commerical pilot I looked or checked in my data base and search engine and that is a "Croatia Airlines aircraft made by ATR. Its a ATR-42-300 Twin Turbo-Prop 46-50 passenger aircraft Fitted with Pratt & Whitney Canada PW 120 engines rated at 2,000 shp each, the ATR42-300 has become a work-horse of big and small regional operators world wide.

ATR is a group of Companies in France and Italy, mainly Aerospatale, Alenia, EADS, and Damiler Chrysler.

The Reverse Registration numbers are just a mirror or reversed image. The original image was modfiied by inserting the naked people at much lower resolution by some photo imaging program.

The aircrafT is in active service and the picture below is of it landing in Vienna- Schwechat, Austria [VIE/LOWW]to runway 34 at 18:36 August 26th, 2006 [15 days ago] It was put into service or first registered May 31st, 1995.

The Flag on the aircraft is of the Croatia:

Link to Flag of Croatia web page

Comment

Who ever did the modification should have done it this way. [I reversed the image, and added new text] "NG"

Comment

Gary - Impressive detective work. Good job.

Comment

Ahhh shucks Gary, I'm sure I had a few of them believing that Paraguayans read backwards until you done gone and wrecked it!

-Mark

Comment

All happy in flight smiling "Nude"! LOL

Comment

Same Aircraft back on the ground May 7th, 2006 at Zurich [Kloten (ZRH-LSZH) Switzerland from Aircraft photo spotters.

"NG"

Comment

Ok Mark you can read it backwards!

Comment

Forgot the Flight attendant! heck with the passengers.

Comment

Nude Airline 1st Officer "Captain"

Comment

Working...
                              X