Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living in a vegetative state - When to pull the plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living in a vegetative state - When to pull the plug?

While watching a football game a couple weeks back, my wife and I were discussing life and death. I told her, "Just so you know, I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."

She promptly got up, unplugged the TV and threw out all my beer.

Some days I hate being married to a smart ***.

While watching a football game a couple weeks back, my wife and I were discussing life and death. I told her, "Just so you know, I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."

She promptly got up, unplugged the TV and threw out all my beer.

Some days I hate being married to a smart ***.

Comment

Hey, I told my wife the same thing and she unplugged the computer and threw out my beer

nifocinphx
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Better get a living will it is getting harder and harder to die a natural death these days.

Due to all the legal stuff in our society today the only way to take the stress off your loved ones is to make the decision for them. I have had to sit and watch my in laws go through this agony and all the infighting it can create. My wife and her sister and her brother had a huge battle over this issue several years back, they haven't been on speaking terms ever since. Bottom line in order to keep the peace and let you die in peace take the decision out of their hands and make a living will.

I know I talk a good game on this but I still have not made one out. It is on my list of things to do though. If I ever get in a vegetative state I want them to pull the plug. I know I need to put it in writing and get it notarized.

Comment

Working...
        X