X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys

Since there doesn’t seem to be much activity. I’ll start a subject
    what do you collect?
    I collect vintage toys. Here is one section of my superheroes/Spider-Man collection

I love your collection!! I collect only a few I wish I had that many. What’s funny is I know quite a few Naturists to do the same thing it must be a trend. Any others here?

Comment

I have quite a few Superman comic books from the artist Curt Swan. I always felt he was the best!

Comment

here are some unique superman peanut butter jars in my collection

Comment

Wow Superman was really associated with peanut butter in the past!

Comment

there is one jelly jar top right in photo, Superman also advertised on a chesse box which I will post later

Comment

Most people would not call my collections toys, but get great enjoyment using my tools. I have mechanics tools, electrical tools, plumbing tools, and woodworking tools. I also collect salvaged lumber and have enough 100 year old maple flooring to do my entire house. I also have two of a lot of things because I own two homes a three hour drive apart.

Comment

Omg, that’s a lot of toys. I still have some of my sons Star Wars stuff in the Attic. He’s not interested in it now but after we’re gone he’ll rediscover it when he’s cleaning out our stuff. I have a lot of PEZ I gathered years ago. I’m wavering between throwing them out an leaving for the kids to figure out what to do with them. I used the words ‘gathered‘ Because I just bought them and stuck them in a box whereas being a collector is much more purposeful.

Comment

I don't do any pez or star wars however if you have original star wars stash in the attic somewhere, it's worth tons of money especially if it is still in the card package, we are talking $10,000. for one action figure, I am not a collector so I can't tell you which characters are worth more but the ones at the start are the ones sought after

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that collecting stuff is a mistake.

I've accumulated a large number of 1:24 and 1:18 scale diecast cars. Some of them were gifts, but a lot of them I bought. I rationalized at the time that they were a lot cheaper than 1:1 scale cars. Now I am pondering severely pruning the collection down to a few favorites and taking the rest to a consignment store to get rid of them.

I also have a lot of books. Those are easier to get rid of as they are not subject to being damaged by being put in boxes and transported. The local library will take them and will sell the ones they don't want for their collection.

I also suffer from sentimental attachment to my old bicycles. I'd like to buy a new road bike with disc brakes, but I'd have to choose what to get rid of to make room in the shed.

Comment

Working...
                    X