Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you right or left brain oriented? See what this cool illusion tells you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you right or left brain oriented? See what this cool illusion tells you.

http://www.jonlee.ca/clockwise-or-co...razy-illusion/

Click on the link above and view the animation of the spinning woman. Do you percieve her as spinning clockwise or counter clockwise?

Those that see the dancer spin counter clockwise are typically “left-brained” while those that see the dancer spin clockwise are typically “right-brained”.

When I first looked at it it was spinning clockwise. Then after about 30 seconds it changed to counterclockwise.

After practicing awhile I can now make it spin either way I want.
    Last edited by PascoDoug; 12-05-2007, 01:20 AM.

Originally posted by PascoDoug View Post
    http://www.jonlee.ca/clockwise-or-co...razy-illusion/

After practising awhile I can now make it spin either way I want.
    Does that mean you're ambidextrous then?

Pete Knight

Comment

That's a good one. (I was counter-clockwise for about 1 minute, then it switched!)

Comment

Thanks for sharing with us. At first I thought it was spinng in only one direction, but then I saw the change. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by nudeM View Post
          Thanks for sharing with us. At first I thought it was spinng in only one direction, but then I saw the change. Interesting.
          Yeah I'm not sure about the validity of the right-brain, left-brain thing but it's a cool optical illusion nonetheless.

What's fun is to get two or more people watching it at the same time and some say it's turning clockwise while the other's seeing it turning ccw.

Comment

Instead of looking directly at it, look at it out of the corner of your eye and it doesn't spin all the way around at all. It just turns a little back and forth.

The same thing will happen if you hide the body so just the feet are showing, you will see she isn't spinning at all.....hmmmmm

Comment

Ok, this test put me in the right brain category. And, since I function in the creative arts that is no surprise. But, what surprised me, was that I could only get it to shift out of the corner of my eye and only slightly.

That surprises me because, generally I'm very analytical and logical (emotionally so, heh-heh)...but, maybe, I'm confusng my intuitive "reads" as fast anlasysis. Screw it, it's like thinking about hinking, and that gives me a headache.

Comment

I saw the image move back and forth from the get go.
                That means I have a brain that functions as a complete unit right?!

Comment

Seeing it rotate both ways...

Like NacktMan, I too saw it turning both ways - in my case, first clockwise then counter'...
                  According to the blurb with the picture, that could mean my brain was fast shifting left-right (changing its perspective every few seconds, rather than the minute or so they claim - what's the bet those right-winged intransigents that keep on attacking the majority of us would only see it ever turning counter-clockwise ??).

Would this make some of us more well balanced, than those who only see it move one way ?

Comment

Cool Optical Illusions - If you Missed it

Cool Optical Illusions - If you missed it [Link]

COOL OPTICAL ILLUSIONS

Comment

Cool Illusion

That is a really cool illusion. I too was able to get it to spin back and forth at will after looking at it for a few minutes. Im not sure about the validity of the right brain, left brain thing, but looking at the list of attributes I would fall into the left brain catagory. However, if you ask my employees they would say that I don't have a brain. I guess it is all how you look at things!

Comment

Re: Are you right or left brain oriented? See what this cool illusion tells you.

First it was spinning counter clockwise and after a half minute it was spinning clockwise
                        Good to know that both parts of my brain are working

Comment

Re: Are you right or left brain oriented? See what this cool illusion tells you.

Originally posted by EricNY View Post
                          Instead of looking directly at it, look at it out of the corner of your eye and it doesn't spin all the way around at all. It just turns a little back and forth.

The same thing will happen if you hide the body so just the feet are showing, you will see she isn't spinning at all.....hmmmmm
                          I'm broken. I am a VERY left-brained person but saw her spinning counter-clockwise. I, like some others, could only get her to change if I did not look directly at her. While spinning in "reverse," shifting my gaze directly to her switched rotation back to CCW.

Comment

I guess I'm "right brain-dead", because all I saw was counter-clockwise.

Comment

Working...
                            X