Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger Breasts For Baby Boomer Women

Mommy Wants Her Body Back

More older women are getting breast surgery than ever before, in the hopes of reclaiming their pre-pregnancy figures.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/78042?GT1=10645

This makes sense on different levels.

According to my wife;

most clothes are made for a full breast. Look at all the different bras a woman can buy so she can appear fuller and fill out the various tops they want to purchase.

After childbirth and post breast feeding, women's breast lose volume but the original amount of skin is still there. Years ago there was the "silicone" issue and many women, including my wife, decided against breast augmentation. She had her consulation visit scheduled and a few days after making the appointment, the silicone issue hit the news and she decided against it.

Those issues have been addressed and friends of ours have gone under the knife and had this surgery done. We have one friend that has the nicest looking, the most natural looking augmented breasts we've seen. Not sure if that will get my wife to decide but I'm not in any hurry to see her do it. If it's something she'd like to do, I will support her.

Women are also getting pregnant later in life. It would make sense that "older" women are wanting to "slow" down the clock a bit and maintain some youth. I think it's great that medicine has improved and I am supportive of any woman that wants to do anything that makes her feel better about herself. There are some that, I feel, go overboard and change their appearance to an extreme. I'm not really in favor of that but who we to judge or say something to make them feel bad about themselves or what they've chosen to do.

I appreciate you posting the article. I'll have the Prof read it and get her take.

Comment

Good article. I was in my mid-thirties when I had my BA for the same reasons quoted by ladies in this article. I know it's not for everyone, but I'm happy with my decision.

Comment

Originally posted by DenitaLC View Post
        Good article. I was in my mid-thirties when I had my BA for the same reasons quoted by ladies in this article. I know it's not for everyone, but I'm happy with my decision.
        As are the fellows you meet, I'm sure.

Sorry, it was there and I just do not have the maturity or self-restraint to pass it up. I am so ashamed.:o

I think it's marvelous that the science exists to allow people to build or at least augment or modify their bodies in a way to make them more comfortable or acceptable to their owners.

My mother-in-law had huge breasts on a slight frame, Dolly-esque, and had the science existed for her, she would without a doubt had breast reduction surgery. The poor woman actually had grooves in her shoulders from their weight on the bra straps.

Comment

As are the fellows you meet, I'm sure.

Sorry, it was there and I just do not have the maturity or self-restraint to pass it up. I am so ashamed.:o
          LOL..........no complains filed against me (or "them"), yet! Thanks for the chuckle!

Comment

I have two cousins who got BA. One cousin had breast implants when she turned 19. She was a member of the itty bitty club and went up two cup sizes. Another cousin, after having twins, decided to get a bigger breast and a lift. From speaking to them, they both are happy with their decision. I noticed in both cases, their self esteem shot up the roof after having the surgery.

Comment

Working...
            X