Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Palin" and "Clinton" on SNL

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Li...y-open/656281/

That was damn funny! I may have to start watching SNL again.

That Palin impression couldn't have been more spot-on.

Thanks for posting the clip.

Joe

Comment

You're welcome Procrastinator....Tina Fey was great in that clip wasn't she. I'm a staunch Obama supporter but if something happens and Palin gets elected I think we'll see lot of Tina Fey on SNL.

I'm surprised the post got such a small number of reads. Maybe it's "Palin fatigue" or "politics fatigue" on a nudist board. I know I don't read the political threads here and I'm pretty active politically.

Oh well...I'll bump the SNL clip up again with this post and maybe a few more will see it.

Comment

I loved it thanks for posting that. The morning news have been using using clips form that a lot. I was laughing my butt off.

Here's one of my favorite punch lines

Hillary; I believe diplomancy must be the cornerstone of any foreign policy.

Sara; And I can see Russia from my house. LOL

Comment

The White House Press Secretary called that 'sexist', but apparently Sarah Palin laughed at it and thought it was funny. So says a Palin spokeswoman, she apparently also dressed up as Tina Fey for halloween one year, so the irony was humourous to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Qikdraw View Post
            The White House Press Secretary called that 'sexist', but apparently Sarah Palin laughed at it and thought it was funny. So says a Palin spokeswoman, she apparently also dressed up as Tina Fey for halloween one year, so the irony was humourous to her.
            Yes, it is now sexist to criticize, or satirize Palin. Just like it was sexist for Hillary to complain about sexism. See, perfectly even handed.

-Mark

Comment

One of the best skits ever on SNL!

Comment

Even Taiwanese TV showed that 'I can see Russia from my house' line.
                But that was about all of their foreign news for that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
                  Yes, it is now sexist to criticize, or satirize Palin. Just like it was sexist for Hillary to complain about sexism. See, perfectly even handed.

-Mark
                  Given that the Obama camp accused Clinton of racism for calling Obama's campaign a fairy tale it is fun to see the shoe on the other foot.
                  Criticising her is legitimate. Criticising her on the basis of her sex as so many leftists have done is sexist.

Comment

Originally posted by KirkOntario View Post
                    Criticising her is legitimate. Criticising her on the basis of her sex as so many leftists have done is sexist.
                    Name one. Just one.

-Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
                      Name one. Just one.

-Mark
                      Accused of causing her son's birth defect.
                      Accused of abusing her daughter by running for office. (subjecting her to ridicule)
                      Accused of not being able to handle her family and political life
                      Accused of being 'inexperienced' when she has a better resume than Obama (who has done zippo his entire life but self-promotion)
                      Being described according to her looks by Joe Biden ('beautiful') without reference to anything else.
                      Michelle Obama today said don't vote for her because she's cute.
                      Obama referred to her as lipstick on a pig.

She's taken nonstop abuse from the left simply because she's 'off the reservation' Women and minorities are not permitted to be conservative. (they went nuts over Margaret Thatcher too....ha ha)

Comment

Accused of causing her son's birth defect.
                        That is sexist? Why? It is uncouth to be sure - and the Alaskan Republicans who started it should be ashamed, as well as anyone else who piled on. The kernel of truth in it - that children born to women in their forties have a much greater likelihood of Downs does not justify the uncouthness. It is crude and out of bounds, but sexist?
                        Accused of abusing her daughter by running for office. (subjecting her to ridicule)
                        Accused of not being able to handle her family and political life
                        Reminds of someone else being accused of not being able to control his wife. But wasn't the real criticism for trotting them out into the glare of publicity and exploiting them amidst personal embarrassments? Again, this doesn't seem to be a sexism issue to me, except to those on the right who insist that a woman's place is in the home.
                        Accused of being 'inexperienced' when she has a better resume than Obama (who has done zippo his entire life but self-promotion)
                        Besides being a tenuous argument and arguably untrue, it has absolutely nothing to do with sexism.
                        Being described according to her looks by Joe Biden ('beautiful') without reference to anything else.
                        The Cad! I hope no Republicans ever said that about her! And I would rather doubt Joe said it "without reference to anything else" cite?
                        Michelle Obama today said don't vote for her because she's cute.
                        Nice twist, but Michelle's comments were not sexist, in fact they were explicitly anti-sexist "People shouldn't make a decision this time based on, 'I like that guy' or 'she's cute,"
                        Obama referred to her as lipstick on a pig.
                        No he didn't, every single major fact check and media source has debunked this. Obama was talking about the McCain economic program, never mentioning Palin, by name, or by position, or by allusion. He was parroting a line he heard from the opposition though - from McCain who has used it at least a dozen times - most notably when discussing Hillary's health care plan. The smear that Obama was calling Palin a pig was a brazen lie that rocked the media for a day, but was almost universally debunked and reviled. Even McCain admitted it wasn't true.
                        She's taken nonstop abuse from the left simply because she's 'off the reservation' Women and minorities are not permitted to be conservative. (they went nuts over Margaret Thatcher too....ha ha)http://www.newsweek.com/id/159260
                        Palin has taken nonstop criticism from the left, right and middle because she is an alarming extremist who has abused what little authority she has wielded and has some odd form of Tourette's syndrome that prevents her from making two truthful statements in a row. It has nothing to do with her sex, it has everything to do with her fitness to lead.

It really shouldn't be that hard to find some actual examples of "lefties" being sexist about Palin. There are some real loons on the left. But you aren't going to get anywhere trying to define any criticism or opposition to Palin as "sexist". That's ... ... wait for it ... wait for it ... ... sexist.

-Mark

Comment

I've provided you with many but understandably you make excuses for all of them. Her record is hardly extremist. Truth is this woman is a real threat to the left and feminism and like Clarence Thomas she has to be punished for not keeping her place as a victim dependant on the largesse of liberalism.

Comment

Given that the Obama camp accused Clinton of racism for calling Obama's campaign a fairy tale it is fun to see the shoe on the other foot.
                            Why bother feeding trolls?

Comment

I've provided you with many but understandably you make excuses for all of them. Her record is hardly extremist. Truth is this woman is a real threat to the left and feminism and like Clarence Thomas she has to be punished for not keeping her place as a victim dependant on the largesse of liberalism.
                              You provided examples of criticism, but missed the mark on sexism, which was the assignment.

It really isn't that hard, there are plenty of boneheads saying anything you can imagine. But the right is straining at gnats to try to characterize as sexist anything anyone connected to Obama has ever said about Palin, and making fools of themselves in the process - you really should think twice about buying into their confabulations.

But let's let Sarah have the last word ...

-Yarrrh!

Comment

Working...
                              X