Missouri tips blue....

Obama = 357
    McCain = 181

2004:

Bush = 284
    Kerry = 228

Comment

Quick Analysis

McCain's getting blown out in the electoral vote, but the popular vote is probably closer to 51% Obama, 48% McCain, 1% Other. Could somebody double-check that?

-Stu

Comment

Originally posted by S.M.A. View Post
        McCain's getting blown out in the electoral vote, but the popular vote is probably closer to 51% Obama, 48% McCain, 1% Other. Could somebody double-check that?

-Stu
        More like a 10% - 6% margin for Obama, depending on which poll. CNN does a poll of polls which combines about six of the main polls, which last put him somewhere around 8-10% above McCain.

Comment

2008 (Obama = 357, McCain = 181)

(Bush = 284, Kerry = 228)

Last edited by usmc1; 10-15-2008, 05:17 AM.

Comment

2004:

Kerry 284 Bush 247

2008:
            Obama 364
            McCain 171 Ties 3

Comment

Back off, already 3 posts? Give us a break.

All right, we get your point. Quit gloating.

BTW, your time on the other side will come.

Comment

Originally posted by rone View Post

You're projecting something that is not there.

I'll gloat, 11/5 - perhaps! For example, in 2004 by this point Kerry was back in the lead according to poll-based projections, yet he lost.

But, I and a few others think it is interesting to compare this race to 2004, if you're not interested, just don't come into the thread.

But, your post makes me think of this. I've long suspected that people who look on other people as thieves, are themselves thieves. Your projecting something onto me, which I do not own, tells me about your nature.

Comment

Originally posted by rone View Post

I don't know if you noticed bu the last 8 years was 'our time to come', its just the reverse is now true.

However I don't think anything is in the bag yet, we still have a few weeks left and anything can happen. Even after the election all I will feel will be relief if Obama gets in. Not just because he is in, but because the election cycle is over.

After the election I just hope with the new president we can start over and have everybody work together to make the US better. I think the Republican party needs to get away from its fringe far right thoughts that has been heading this country for 8 years. When the country becomes so divisive that if you do not agree with them you are labeled 'traitor', 'anit-American', 'anti-troop', etc... it tears apart what America is supposed to be. While two people can wildly disagree on how the country should be run, neither should question the patriotism of another, but this has been happening if you disagree with the republicans these past 8 years. It needs to stop. Hopefully a lose for the republicans will bring the change that is needed for their party. The US cannot be controlled by one party or it goes to hell. Both parties are needed to keep a balance.

Comment

Lately we've been hearing McCain say things like "we got them right where we want them", "I'm comfortable being the underdog", and "the only poll that counts is the one on election day". Does anybody remember a candidate saying things like that and actually winning?. In neither of the last two elections was anybody so comfortably ahead that the trailing candidate made statements like that. I'm sure there was some acknowledgement of being behind but it was never by a margin big enough to cause despair. Think of a football team down by less than 7 with a few minutes left on the clock. You don't like it but you know you still have a legitimate chance. McCain (like Dole in '96, Bush in '92. Dukakis in '88) feels he's down by two touchdowns, time is running out and he's discovered his strategy just plain isn't working and doesn't know what else to do.

Comment

Screen saver - college votes

Here is a COOL free SCREEN SAVER for you guys, it shows the current total poll results, it puts up on the screen randomly, the poll results for each state and the college votes for that state. Updates automatically.

http://www.cannonade.net/pics/ElectoralCollege.exe

I know the programmer very well who wrote this screensaver, it is quite safe to download. He writes these little programs for fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X