Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then, there's Chastity Bono.....

I read online: Chastity will still be Chaz, without the "tity."

So, does Cher go from having a Gay daughter to a Straight son ?

Now, does this mean Cher has to call her/him Sonny? !!!

I'm SOOOO confused..........

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Re: And then, there's Chastity Bono.....

That is just wrong, funny, but wrong.

Comment

Please give Chastity a break. I know this was sent without malice but I can't imagine how challenging this must be for Chastity first and foremost, and for the rest of the family and loved ones as well. Transgendered people get enough "humor" but not so much support and I hope we as Americans (and others) can do better.

Comment

I agree with jon71. very poor taste in humour OP

Comment

Originally posted by Home Nudist View Post
          I read online: Chastity will still be Chaz, without the "tity."

So, does Cher go from having a Gay daughter to a Straight son ?

Now, does this mean Cher has to call her/him Sonny? !!!

I'm SOOOO confused..........

:confused: :confused: :confused:
          This very poor taste humor. I don't know anything about transgendered people. All I know is what I have seen in TV/documentaries. Nonetheless, I can only imagine what Chaz is going through is something very challenging. Am sure what she is going through is an emotional roller coaster and this matter is nothing funny. I can only hope she and her family are getting the support they need to get through this experience.

Comment

Poor taste humor? I think it's funny, in sort of a sad way. That's what humor is all about. .if ya don't want to cry, you might as well laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
              Poor taste humor? I think it's funny, in sort of a sad way. That's what humor is all about. .if ya don't want to cry, you might as well laugh.
              I think laughing with someone is wonderful. Laughing at someone, not so much, especially if it's hitting them at a vulnerable time/condition. Also, how is it sad? Out of the ordinary, yes. Transgendered people make up a very small portion of the population. It's extremely uncommon, I get that. Sad, I don't see.

Comment

Lighten up, folks. If I can poke fun at my own body image (and I often have on these pages), then I can poke fun at Chaz, with no regret and no vitriol.

I tend to have a sense of "Black Humor," and there's humor in everything.

I don't understand your righteous scandalization. No need to rush forward, to defend Chaz, and show how open minded you are -- and thereby feel good about yourselves.

I am as liberal and open minded as they come, and whether you admit it or not, a situation like this conjures up some humorous images and situations.

I'll bet even Chaz and her Cher can find humor in it, or will eventfully. I've found that gay and transgendered people have a great sense of humor about themselves, often self-deprecating. But, that's what makes them endearing -- and human.

I view this in the same vein as that video, "I Just Don't Look Good Naked Anymore." Life is absurd, and I prefer to laugh at absurdity.

You are assuming this is a "vulnerable time/condition" for Chaz, and we should all walk on egg shells. I don't see it that way. He's always seemed strong, has decided to go public, and seems strong in his conviction. I do wish him luck and happiness.

Comment

Working...
                X