Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escape to Canada!

Looks like an interesting "documentary":
    http://trailervision.com/trailer.php?id=158&PHPSESSID=2...411e7ba13055345b3d42

Anyone actually seen it?

Looks like an interesting "documentary":
    http://trailervision.com/trailer.php?id=158&PHPSESSID=2...411e7ba13055345b3d42

Anyone actually seen it?

Comment

Not yet, but the premise is promising.

Comment

It looks like an interesting film, but it has the potential to be chalk full of stereotypes and misrepresentation. For example, the weed issue. Weed is still not decriminalized here, it is not sanctioned by the government, and if you get caught with any you WILL be arrested and/or fined. Even the gay marraige issue hasn't been put to rest; as I write this, the voters of Canada will be deciding if a conservative will become the next PM, and his stance on gay marraige is quite questionable.
        Now, one could probably argue that we are much more liberal in ideas and social opinion, but I still feel just as "free" here as I did when I lived in Virginia.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by namedun:
          It looks like an interesting film, but it has the potential to be chalk full of stereotypes and misrepresentation. For example, the weed issue. Weed is still not decriminalized here, it is not sanctioned by the government, and if you get caught with any you WILL be arrested and/or fined. Even the gay marraige issue hasn't been put to rest; as I write this, the voters of Canada will be deciding if a conservative will become the next PM, and his stance on gay marraige is quite questionable.
          Now, one could probably argue that we are much more liberal in ideas and social opinion, but I still feel just as "free" here as I did when I lived in Virginia.

Even if the Conservatives win tonight and make same sex marriage illegal, I expect that the next government will quickly re-legalize same sex marriage.

Comment

Working...
          X