Can anyone defend Mr. Bush, now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone defend Mr. Bush, now?

Now we have learned, beyound dispute (on video tape--finally a documented lie, and visual evidence of the fecklessness of this administration), that Bush was fully warned of the devastating potential of Katrina, including the breeching of the levees.

The same levees about which he later said that no one foresaw their failure.

A blatent lie followed by dithering inaction and fecklessness disregard for human life.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11627394/

Now go back to the post 9/11 days when this administration of dry-drunk sociopaths, wet-brained drunks, congenital liars and neo-con hobgoblins demurred and whimpered, "no one could have connected the dots", despite several intelligence briefings and papers through the years which had raised the potential of that very thing: airplanes used as missles.

Indeed, there was an actual earlier attempt, which was thrwarted to hijack an airliner and crash into a nuclear reactor in Alabama.

So another bald-faced lie involving the deaths of innocent people because of the fecklessness of this administration.

Lies, lies and more lies. Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. Saddam harbored Al Quida. We know for a fact that Saddam met with Al Quida just prior to 9/11. There was no drinking in the hunting party--well maybe just a beer or two. Lies on top of lies on top of lies.

Iraq is moving toward democracy and we need to stay the course. Lies, and more lies, Deaths and more deaths.

Interest rates are rising, home sales are cooling, inflation is peeking its deformed face from under the covers of the years of prosperity under Clinton. The Deficit is astronomical.

But, we've cut taxes. How are you doing with all that extra money from the tax cuts--higher standard of living?, nicer home?, better schools?, better healthcare?, paid of the bills and mortgage? Just afloat in extra cash from your big tax cuts?

The Medicare drug plan is a freeking disaster. Health care in America is becoming an oxymoron, no one cares that that healthcare is wrecked except those who have no healthcare--which by the way, is an ever growing number, way too many of whom are children.

Illegal wiretaps and spying on American citizens without benefit of due process. Plans to install even more sureveillance cameras on the streets, sidewalks and roads of America.

Jobbing of our vulnerable ports to an Arab nation with very murky ties and verified connections to terrorists, including Al Quida and the 9/11 group--without adewquate oversight and safe guards despite warnings from the Caost Guard and etc. Oh wait, they've had a change of ehart and are now good guys. Lies on top of lies on top of lies.

Sounds like Katrina all over again, warnings ignored! Iraq, warnings ignored!, 9/11, warnings ignored, the tax cuts, warning ignored, deficit spending, warning ignored.

And now, to distract us from all this, they're fanning into hot flamesa the embers of xenophobia, mistrust of outsiders, and incipient racism. Our problems all stem from thos dang old illegal aliens sucking up healthcare, causing crime, and wrecking our public schools. Lies and lies and lies to the gazillionth degree.

Were I a so disposed, I'd say that Bush is the anti-Christ.

So, conservatives and Republicans, and Reagan Democrats, you've gotten what you've always wanted: Your kind of President, your kind of Congress, your kind of Supreme Court, your kind of country.

Tell me please, was it worth it and how can you defend that pathologically evil little punk in the White House?

Now we have learned, beyound dispute (on video tape--finally a documented lie, and visual evidence of the fecklessness of this administration), that Bush was fully warned of the devastating potential of Katrina, including the breeching of the levees.

The same levees about which he later said that no one foresaw their failure.

A blatent lie followed by dithering inaction and fecklessness disregard for human life.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11627394/

Now go back to the post 9/11 days when this administration of dry-drunk sociopaths, wet-brained drunks, congenital liars and neo-con hobgoblins demurred and whimpered, "no one could have connected the dots", despite several intelligence briefings and papers through the years which had raised the potential of that very thing: airplanes used as missles.

Indeed, there was an actual earlier attempt, which was thrwarted to hijack an airliner and crash into a nuclear reactor in Alabama.

So another bald-faced lie involving the deaths of innocent people because of the fecklessness of this administration.

Lies, lies and more lies. Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. Saddam harbored Al Quida. We know for a fact that Saddam met with Al Quida just prior to 9/11. There was no drinking in the hunting party--well maybe just a beer or two. Lies on top of lies on top of lies.

Iraq is moving toward democracy and we need to stay the course. Lies, and more lies, Deaths and more deaths.

Interest rates are rising, home sales are cooling, inflation is peeking its deformed face from under the covers of the years of prosperity under Clinton. The Deficit is astronomical.

But, we've cut taxes. How are you doing with all that extra money from the tax cuts--higher standard of living?, nicer home?, better schools?, better healthcare?, paid of the bills and mortgage? Just afloat in extra cash from your big tax cuts?

The Medicare drug plan is a freeking disaster. Health care in America is becoming an oxymoron, no one cares that that healthcare is wrecked except those who have no healthcare--which by the way, is an ever growing number, way too many of whom are children.

Illegal wiretaps and spying on American citizens without benefit of due process. Plans to install even more sureveillance cameras on the streets, sidewalks and roads of America.

Jobbing of our vulnerable ports to an Arab nation with very murky ties and verified connections to terrorists, including Al Quida and the 9/11 group--without adewquate oversight and safe guards despite warnings from the Caost Guard and etc. Oh wait, they've had a change of ehart and are now good guys. Lies on top of lies on top of lies.

Sounds like Katrina all over again, warnings ignored! Iraq, warnings ignored!, 9/11, warnings ignored, the tax cuts, warning ignored, deficit spending, warning ignored.

And now, to distract us from all this, they're fanning into hot flamesa the embers of xenophobia, mistrust of outsiders, and incipient racism. Our problems all stem from thos dang old illegal aliens sucking up healthcare, causing crime, and wrecking our public schools. Lies and lies and lies to the gazillionth degree.

Were I a so disposed, I'd say that Bush is the anti-Christ.

So, conservatives and Republicans, and Reagan Democrats, you've gotten what you've always wanted: Your kind of President, your kind of Congress, your kind of Supreme Court, your kind of country.

Tell me please, was it worth it and how can you defend that pathologically evil little punk in the White House?

Comment

I agree. I don't know how anyone who has been paying attention can defend Bush. He is inept and possibly the most corrupt President we've ever had. Allowing the oil companies to write our energy policy, the insurance companies to write the drug program.

You stated that you would almost call Bush the Anti-Christ. In a way he is. Under him, most Christians have turned away from Jesus and what he stood for. Now they seem to be following Yahow, the God of the Old Testiment, who was just waiting to punish sinners. Now, Christianity begins and ends with hating homosexuals and being anti-abortion. As long as you are, you are considered a "moral" person. And since Bush is "moral", it's o.k. for him to cut aid to the poor, give tax breaks to the rich, and spy on people. Never mind Jesus's command to feed the hungry, cloth the naked, etc.. Never mind that Jesus told to "take the beam out of your own eye first"; (examine your own sins before you condemn the sins of others). Never mind that Jesus said "Judge Not and You Will Not Be Judged, Forgive and You Will Be Forgiven.". Now listen to talk radio. Everything is the fault of Democrats, Liberals, and anyone else they don't like. Conservatives, Republican, and anyone they like are perfect and can do no wrong. The greatest threat to Jesus is not secular humanism, it's Christian Fundamentalism. The message of Jesus has been replaced by a hate-filled God.

I have one other question: Why is it that so many Conservatives think that government is bad and the cause of all our problems; unless there is a war involved. Then government is without flaw and anyone who questions the war is unpatriotic?

Comment

quote:
        The message of Jesus has been replaced by a hate-filled God.

The message of Jesus comes from churches and the bible itself. Are people so brain dead that they can't resist false messages of religion? As far as caring for the homeless, hungry, etc, I have worked with many good people who personally contribute their time and efforts through programs such as Habitat for Humanity to help the truly needy. It is up to people themselves who are true believers and put those words of caring into actions that will change the situation.

Comment

I thoroughly dislike Bush and think his administration has been a nightmare for America, but I think it is quite possible to understand what Bush is saying about the levies. Anyone could have predicted there was a ALWAYS A POSSIBILITY the levies, under any number of circumstances, might be breached. After all. they are a manmade structure and subject to weaknesses, both human and physical. It is quite another matter to factually predicte WHEN AND WHERE THEY WILL be breached. I think that is what GWB is saying. Regardless, it was no excuse for the government's pathetic response.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Baremore:
            I thoroughly dislike Bush and think his administration has been a nightmare for America, but I think it is quite possible to understand what Bush is saying about the levies. Anyone could have predicted there was a ALWAYS A POSSIBILITY the levies, under any number of circumstances, might be breached. After all. they are a manmade structure and subject to weaknesses, both human and physical. It is quite another matter to factually predicte WHEN AND WHERE THEY WILL be breached. I think that is what GWB is saying. Regardless, it was no excuse for the government's pathetic response.

I think you need to view and hear the video--the warning was rather dire and fairly straight forward, even for a bureaucrat, and Bush's subsequent, no one could have predicted the levees...was quite emphatically contrary to what he had been told. He lied!

Comment

Simple.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Baremore:

I live in north-western Canada; almost as far away from New Orelans as you can get and still be on the same continent. I have never been to New Orleans. Even I knew that there was a potential disaster of monumental proportions before the hurricane actually hit.

I would expect that the administration of the most powerful country in the world would know even more than I about such things.

Comment

what about the local officials whoh ignored Bush's admonishment to evacuate. By the time they did that it was too late and people just got stuck in traffic.

Comment

What admonishment? Bush was silent until well after it was obviously a disaster. The mayor and Governor did what little they could to work around a fema and Fed. admin. that was completely asleep at the wheel.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by photoart:
                      what about the local officials whoh ignored Bush's admonishment to evacuate. By the time they did that it was too late and people just got stuck in traffic.

New Orleans was a mess at all levels of government. However, where the federal government was supposed to perform, it did not.

Comment

Clinton lied about getting some extra-marital action, they tried to impeach him!

Bush lied about WMD's ...many people died
                        Bush lied about what he knew about Katrina...many people died!

Where are the screams for impeachment now?

Comment

I'm Taking My Country Back

Even country music is deserting the president now, next thing you know they'll be playing the Dixie Chicks agin'

-Mark

Comment

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/K/KATRINA_VIDEO?SI...=2006-03-02-21-00-56

New evidence has surfaced that Bush convinced Blanco the levees were safe.He lied to her and tricked her into believing him. People died due to his lies! Local authorities were misled by the Whitehouse.

Comment

Defend Mr. Bush? Has anyone seen Farenheit 911? Defend for what? He is an embarrassment.

Comment

Working...
                              X