This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Was The Desert Sun Thread Closed?

Given that the Desert Sun issue is somewhat controversial, why is the thread of such an important issue suddenly closed?

Is is because such issues are inappropriate for this forum?

Would it be best to never talk about such meaningful issues in any forum?

Looks like I and others will not get a chance to reply to nudiarist's comments and that's worthy of concern.

Re: Why Was The Desert Sun Thread Closed?

Originally posted by nudiarist
    The moderators simply don't want any criticism of AANR, which is bleeding members and losing clubs. That's it in a nutshell.
    Regardless of whether we agree or disagree with each other over such important issues, we should at least agree that the issues are important enough to discuss. If we can not even do this, then we might as well shut down all nudism entirely and forget about it all. Silence about such important issues is one of the most harmful things that can happen to nudism.

Comment

I have noticed that any thread that talks about AANR's faults does get shut down for some reason. I do not really understand the reasoning behind these decisions, besides the fact that some of the mods are members, but instead of using this forum as a tool to make improvements within AANR, they shut down all discussion. Basically the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears and yelling "La lala lala, I cant hear you.".

Comment

Fireprof said "You can not expect change to happen from posting on this message board or on a blog." Of course, that is simply an excuse to shut the subject down for the reason that it is simply "unproductive", which is silly.
        THAT is NOT what I said. You are misrepresenting what my last post stated. I've sent you a PM.

The quote you used was only part of what I was getting at but you felt it best to only post part of my meaning...thus misrepresenting what I was stating! Here's my quote and what I was getting at.

You can not expect change to happen from posting on this message board or on a blog. You are preaching to the choir! Most everyone on here is not happy about a few of these places going beyond "adult" only (over 18 yo). But the fact is that...most naturist families don't visit the resorts and keep their family naturist activities to the clubs and some beaches. The only way to effect change is to get personally involved. Writing letters, calling those in authority, calling the club or resort in question, volunteering, attend meetings...run for office!
        FireProf
        Platinum Member
        Last edited by FireProf; 04-19-2011, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
          I have noticed that any thread that talks about AANR's faults does get shut down for some reason. I do not really understand the reasoning behind these decisions, besides the fact that some of the mods are members, but instead of using this forum as a tool to make improvements within AANR, they shut down all discussion. Basically the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears and yelling "La lala lala, I cant hear you.".
          Well it certainly does not look very good when a meaningful conversation about the present and future of nudism is closed. We all do post opinions and concerns about different aspects of current activities at clubs and it is exactly these kinds of discussions that will help to set the future direction of nudism. Nudism is changing, like it or not, along with the rest of society and we can either discuss and debate those changes to determine the best way to adapt, or we can ignore anything that is controversial and negative and allow anything to happen.

Some would prefer nothing but pie in the sky positive discussions where a positive spin is placed upon anything and everything that is discussed. Such is disingenious at best, vastly misleading at worst, and really demonstrates to the rest of the world that nudists can't really get their act together to decide what their nudism really represents and then be truthful about it.

Holding 'naughty' events in secret and then refusing to acknowledge or discuss those events does not help nudism at all. It only reinforces the society belief that nudism = sex. If the new change in nudism is to openly allow sexual activities to take place, then such should be openly acknowledged instead of being denied or refused to be talked about.

Comment

Okay...

So you've come here and posted the issues you, we, and most naturists have with regards to the "adult" activities some of the AANR affiliated clubs are holding. Information has been passed on to the masses through your posts and your blog. What else have you done, personally, to effect change in these matters?

Comment

Interesting topic reagarding "trend". I am not particularly invested in this personally as I do have children and I do not frequent clubs that often. I am not exactly clear what is it expected AANR to do? The changes made at these clubs are largely economic ones to be sure so they largely reflect societal changes. Frankly I find the reasons supplied: " a) Lupin does not openly advertise the events, and b) Lupin has 100 acres of land and the fetish events take place on isolated areas of the property behind signs which say "private event"." as sufficient to me but I am likely in a minority there. I suspect that social media networks have lent itself to this to some extent as groups can organise like never before. I would be curious as to what the actual trends are towards social nudity. Are people getting together a private homes and such more? Is divorce really factor? Has nudism increased or decreased the last few years? How AANR is to adjust to changes in society is something to talk about but they are hardly responsible.

Comment

I have not been here much over the past few days. I am not familiar with the thread that was closed. Looking at it briefly it seemed to be pulled of track by bringing Lupin into the conversation. It seems to me that Lupin was off topic for that thread, and should not have been brought up there.

Secondly. If a club decides to go "adult only" that is not a decision that has anything to do with AANR. That is the decision of the club and the club alone. AANR can not dictate how a club runs its business. As far as AANR not wanting to "lose clubs" it is also important to note that AANR makes NO money off of clubs! Clubs do not pay dues....Members are the sole revenue for AANR.

I guess my point is why was AANR blamed for Desert Sun going Adults Only??? It was not their doing.

I will review the thread and remove off Topic posts and if their is enough content left I will reopen for discussion

Members are

Comment

This is NOT about Lupin! in fact this is NOT about AANR either...It is about Desert Sun!

Comment

Adults Only Does not tell me that they are going swinger or fetish..It tells me Adults Only...

If the do go swinger or fetish..well that is there choice

Comment

Because the club does not belong to AANR. It is its OWN business, and has the right to do as it sees fit to support their overhead and needs.

Comment

The Desert Sun Thread has been reopened. I sincerely apologize for the error. It was closed accidentally. Sorry for the inconvenience or hard feelings this may have caused.

Comment

Of course it is. But the question is does a club which openly markets to swingers and fetish group belong in the AANR network? Why does Lupin get a pass when other clubs have been sanctioned?

These are the issues which need to be discussed, not censored or suppressed. Moderators allow the "fluff" threads to exist for years.
                          I do not disagree with that, but a thread about Desert Sun is not a place to discuss Lupin. Lupin should not get a pass. I know that people are looking into it and I am involved in the group that is trying to get to the bottom of it.

Comment

I have TWICE said that I have been in contact with leaders of AANR, TNS and the NAC on this issue. I was on the phone for nearly an hour with someone who has more stature and experience in these matters than anyone who posts here on a regular basis. And I can tell you emphatically, without hesitation, and with 100% confidence in the facts that all of these nudist and naturist organizations are fully aware of the fetish groups at Lupin Lodge, and at this point they are not going to do anything about it.

Why? Because Lupin does not advertise the events on its website, "private party" signs are being put up when the events are taking place, Lupin wants to remain affiliated with AANR and TNS, and both organizations certainly do not want to lose Lupin, both because of its history, and because of the money.

Your question is completely misdirected. You should be asking Susan Weaver, Nicky Hoffman Lee and Bob Morton what they are doing about it. They, after all, are the duly elected heads of these organizations. Ask the board members of AANR-West what they are doing about it.
                            Okay...so you've made contact with various people at Lupin, AANR, TNS and NAC...have you posted relevant information, phone numbers, addresses and pictures or prove of the signs you say exist to show the masses that what you are stating is true and that you want ALL concerned naturists to write letters, send emails or call and voice their opposition? We've NOT received any thing from NAC and they are really quite good about doing that.

Could it be that we've not heard anything because....THERE'S NOTHING we can do to change the minds of club owners that want to do what they want to do with their clubs. Until AANR reveals any findings...which I'm sure they will NOT...we have to trust that they are following the process and will take action if they feel action is needed.

Why is it soooooo important to continue to bash it and bash it (Lupin) over and over again?

With regards to Desert Sun...we're all "concerned" about a place not allowing children anymore. I never took our grandkids there..., really...nothing for them to do there but play in the pool. You've got to have more for kids to do than just play in the pool. Did you take your kids there? Very few did. They saw a market for a place for parents, grandparents and people without kids or that would rather NOT vacation around kids and they changed their policy. YOU have them courting swingers and fetish groups already and the policy is less than two weeks old! You have family naturism doomed because Lupin is supposedly having a fetish group on their grounds and DS has a "no kids" policy!

Comment

Thread reopened to allow reply to above post. Then thread will be closed again

Comment

Working...
                              X