Other reasons.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other reasons.....

I believe there are many people on the forums with serious problems. Many of which seem to be sexual or alcohol related. I am not here to judge and by no means do I intend to offend. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of where these people are coming from.
    Take the time to vote on this poll and post a reply if you like. Thanks in advance. hw [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I believe there are many people on the forums with serious problems. Many of which seem to be sexual or alcohol related. I am not here to judge and by no means do I intend to offend. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of where these people are coming from.
    Take the time to vote on this poll and post a reply if you like. Thanks in advance. hw [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

hw, did you just hit that nail on the head or what. there are a couple other "issues" i would add. thank you for the post, i can't wait to see the results.

actually, i have an issue with alcohol, i think it is an overabused substance, and cuases people to do stupid things. in other words, i am strongly against alcohol. so i have a HUGE issue with alcohol. especially those who drink and drive.

Comment

I suppose we all have various emotional, addictive, or even physical difficulties if you look hard enough. I, for instance, am subject to depression and carry deep emotional scars from divorce, and so find intimacy very difficult. (BTW, that's not sexual intimacy.) But that doesn't stop me from trying to understand other points of view and be civil to those with whom I disagree. It also doesn't make me "flame out" when someone disagrees with me. Still, one can be passionate and pointed without being rude.

P.S. Is prejudice a psychological illness?

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Jochanaan:
          [qb] P.S. Is prejudice a psychological illness? [/qb]
          Given that ethnocentrism is common to all societies, I would say no, except in extreme cases. Humans, by nature, are territorial creatures. Unlike other animals, we get territorial about abstract as well as material concepts. Things like race, ethnicity, religion, political ideaology, and economic theories. Prejudice, which I define as a fear derived from preconceived notions, is merely one expression of such territoriality, a very unfortunate one.

Doug H.

Comment

Interesting Poll hw, I wonder how much truth you get with it?

For myself I have not been abused nor do I consider myself an abuser of either. I do not enjoy being around drunks though.

The subjects that show up that deal with sex, sexual organs and sexual preference I just ignor. I don't feel they belong here so rather than get upset it is easier to just stay away from them.

I do not feel these subjects belong in this forum.

Comment

To all who have voted and replyed thanks. This poll was meant to raise my level of understanding of the people here. I have no way of knowing who voted or how.

To have an issue with alcohol does not mean you have a drinking problem. It could be considered an issue for any family members of a person who does have a problem.

Rainy City Mike....This poll is not about one's sexual preferences. I don't care what sexual orientation someone is. I have friends of all colors, sexes, and orientations. I do not think that anyones sexual orientation predispose them to certain behaviors. I try not to judge, lest I be judged.

In another post, one person posted he had been molested as a child. That was one of my reasons for posting this poll. I feel just by reading some of the things posted in other threads that there are many here who have these issues.
              Again, I'm not here to judge, just understand.

Hope you all have a great evening. Thanks everyone. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

h.w. - thanks for the poll, i think it important to realize that people come to an internet site with various 'baggage' and its important to be sensitive to this 'baggage' as it affects how people perceive us and others. with our society programmed to believe that sex=nudity, any discussion regarded nudity is automatically viewed as suspicious. when discussing topics here (nudist site), we all should realize that our words as posted here are under scrutiny more so than on other internet sites. this is why we should be careful to not post words here that are purposefully hurtful, prejudiced, or plain mean (i have been know to be mean to mean posts). if we do not have something positive to say, maybe we should just be quiet.

so, in closing, i think this post is enlightening and hopefully no one took it as otherwise. it has reminded me to be sensitive to other people's particular 'baggage'....

i will be quiet now (yeah, finally, cheer)!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Three cheers, HW. While in some respects, I've had a very "odd" childhood, I was never molested or "abused".

While I love having my nihghtcap (whiskey) and have a beer or two with dinner, My "issues" with alcohol are people who go bar-hopping while leaving their young at home, run up a tab they can't pay, get kicked out of that bar and then start allover again at a differant bar. (a certain un-named ex and her boy friend come to mind).

Comment

floridadavid, you are right...there are many who come to this site with "baggage", that is why this topic is important to me. I feel that maybe some can connect with others here and get a better understanding of not only themselves but others as well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Plus I am tired of the threads elsewhere at this site that seem to bring out the worst in people. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I don't believe that putting someone down for stating their beliefs is a benefit to anyone. There are others who slam the people who live alternate lifestyles, or have different views on religion. Although I may not agree with someone, who am I to say if it is right or wrong? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I do believe this poll may enlighten all of us as to what makes certain others "tick". By understanding others and learning to accept the way they are; it just may further the "cause" of nude living. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know how much baggage I bring with me to this site, but I can assure you it all fits into the overhead compartments...

hw, are you OK? I mean, a mostly serious thread without puns? You haven't gone and grown up on us now, have you? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Hope you're back to full form soon.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by averagejoe:
                        [qb]
                        hw, are you OK? I mean, a mostly serious thread without puns? You haven't gone and grown up on us now, have you? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Hope you're back to full form soon. [/qb]
                        aj...It's the voices, they'll never grow up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] But I do have a serious side that says, "Reach out and touch a fellow human being." Just part of who I am and where I come from. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I am a recovering alcoholic. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I don't have a problem with people who consume alcohol, or being around people who have consumed too much alcohol (usually). I have a problem with alcohol it's self. I can not consume it.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by florida-david:
                            [qb] hw, did you just hit that nail on the head or what. there are a couple other "issues" i would add. thank you for the post, i can't wait to see the results. [/qb]

fd, what other "issues" would you like to see here? You can do another poll or tell me what you'd like to see and I'll do it. I am beginning to see some of my "thoughts" were right on target.

wannabe...that was a great post! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Hang in there, and keep up the good work! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

floridadavid I sent you a PM on this subject... let me know. hw [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X