No announcement yet.

Other reasons.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corey, Bart, Corky, Wow this poll has certainly opened my eyes to a lot of what I suspected. I can't seem to keep up with all of the PM responses I have received, but will do my best to help anyone I can. I will not compromise any of the info. out here on the BB's.

Keep the faith everyone....I care. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

This is one of just a small handful of polls that have seemed to me to be interesting, useful, or otherwise significant.

One problem?and I can't think of any reasonable way around it?is that a primary characteristic or symptom of alcohol addiction is denial. This means that the most likely response you will get to question #2 from an active alcoholic who has not yet entered recovery is "no."

Having said that, I do think that your poll points toward understanding some of the posts that appear here. Hopefully we can find ways to keep that a compassionate understanding without letting severely wounded people take over the forum.

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by luvnaturism:
        [qb] This is one of just a small handful of polls that have seemed to me to be interesting, useful, or otherwise significant.

One problem?and I can't think of any reasonable way around it?is that a primary characteristic or symptom of alcohol addiction is denial. This means that the most likely response you will get to question #2 from an active alcoholic who has not yet entered recovery is "no."

Having said that, I do think that your poll points toward understanding some of the posts that appear here. Hopefully we can find ways to keep that a compassionate understanding without letting severely wounded people take over the forum. [/qb]
        luv, you are so right about the active alcoholic, but there is no way to determine who votes how unless someone wants to post it. Maybe this is a way for someone to open up and get help. I certainly hope so. Anyone can vote and come back a few days later to post here so that they can remain anonoymous.

About the severely wounded you speak of, they are the ones that need our compassion most. Thanks for your opinion, I hope everyone else can open up to this discussion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Have a great day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey everyone, I hope you are all enjoying your summer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] I want to thank everyone who has voted and responded to this poll. I will leave it open another week or so depending on any more discussions brought up.

Everyone have a great week! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi hw..I voted No on both questions..I was not abused and do not have any issues over drinking. I usually have just one beer after work and sometimes not even that. I also have no sexual problems.. I have a Daughter that was abused by her stepdad, does that count? I also have wondered about that also. Why do people come here? Bye..Keithmj

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Keithmj:
              [qb] Hi hw..I voted No on both questions..I was not abused and do not have any issues over drinking. I usually have just one beer after work and sometimes not even that. I also have no sexual problems.. I have a Daughter that was abused by her stepdad, does that count? I also have wondered about that also. Why do people come here? Bye..Keithmj [/qb]
              Yes Keith, it does count that you have had to deal with your daughter's abuse. Looking at the results of the votes, it looks like the majority that voted yes on one have also voted yes on the other. Hmmmmmmm I guess the connection is there. (Check your PM for further explantions). Thanks for your concern. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X