• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hw
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by Keithmj:
    [qb] Hi hw..I voted No on both questions..I was not abused and do not have any issues over drinking. I usually have just one beer after work and sometimes not even that. I also have no sexual problems.. I have a Daughter that was abused by her stepdad, does that count? I also have wondered about that also. Why do people come here? Bye..Keithmj [/qb]
    Yes Keith, it does count that you have had to deal with your daughter's abuse. Looking at the results of the votes, it looks like the majority that voted yes on one have also voted yes on the other. Hmmmmmmm I guess the connection is there. (Check your PM for further explantions). Thanks for your concern. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• NoodJuggler
    replied
    Hi hw..I voted No on both questions..I was not abused and do not have any issues over drinking. I usually have just one beer after work and sometimes not even that. I also have no sexual problems.. I have a Daughter that was abused by her stepdad, does that count? I also have wondered about that also. Why do people come here? Bye..Keithmj

Leave a comment:

• hw
    replied
    Hey everyone, I hope you are all enjoying your summer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] I want to thank everyone who has voted and responded to this poll. I will leave it open another week or so depending on any more discussions brought up.

Everyone have a great week! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• hw
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by luvnaturism:
    [qb] This is one of just a small handful of polls that have seemed to me to be interesting, useful, or otherwise significant.

One problem?and I can't think of any reasonable way around it?is that a primary characteristic or symptom of alcohol addiction is denial. This means that the most likely response you will get to question #2 from an active alcoholic who has not yet entered recovery is "no."

Having said that, I do think that your poll points toward understanding some of the posts that appear here. Hopefully we can find ways to keep that a compassionate understanding without letting severely wounded people take over the forum. [/qb]
    luv, you are so right about the active alcoholic, but there is no way to determine who votes how unless someone wants to post it. Maybe this is a way for someone to open up and get help. I certainly hope so. Anyone can vote and come back a few days later to post here so that they can remain anonoymous.

About the severely wounded you speak of, they are the ones that need our compassion most. Thanks for your opinion, I hope everyone else can open up to this discussion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Have a great day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• luvnaturism
    replied
    This is one of just a small handful of polls that have seemed to me to be interesting, useful, or otherwise significant.

One problem?and I can't think of any reasonable way around it?is that a primary characteristic or symptom of alcohol addiction is denial. This means that the most likely response you will get to question #2 from an active alcoholic who has not yet entered recovery is "no."

Having said that, I do think that your poll points toward understanding some of the posts that appear here. Hopefully we can find ways to keep that a compassionate understanding without letting severely wounded people take over the forum.

Leave a comment:

• hw
    replied
    Corey, Bart, Corky, Wow this poll has certainly opened my eyes to a lot of what I suspected. I can't seem to keep up with all of the PM responses I have received, but will do my best to help anyone I can. I will not compromise any of the info. out here on the BB's.

Keep the faith everyone....I care. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• hw
    replied
    floridadavid I sent you a PM on this subject... let me know. hw [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• hw
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by florida-david:
    [qb] hw, did you just hit that nail on the head or what. there are a couple other "issues" i would add. thank you for the post, i can't wait to see the results. [/qb]

fd, what other "issues" would you like to see here? You can do another poll or tell me what you'd like to see and I'll do it. I am beginning to see some of my "thoughts" were right on target.

wannabe...that was a great post! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Hang in there, and keep up the good work! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• wannabenaked2001
    replied
    I am a recovering alcoholic. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I don't have a problem with people who consume alcohol, or being around people who have consumed too much alcohol (usually). I have a problem with alcohol it's self. I can not consume it.

Leave a comment:

• hw
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by averagejoe:
    [qb]
    hw, are you OK? I mean, a mostly serious thread without puns? You haven't gone and grown up on us now, have you? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Hope you're back to full form soon. [/qb]
    aj...It's the voices, they'll never grow up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] But I do have a serious side that says, "Reach out and touch a fellow human being." Just part of who I am and where I come from. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• averagejoe
    replied
    I don't know how much baggage I bring with me to this site, but I can assure you it all fits into the overhead compartments...

hw, are you OK? I mean, a mostly serious thread without puns? You haven't gone and grown up on us now, have you? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Hope you're back to full form soon.

Leave a comment:

• hw
    replied
    floridadavid, you are right...there are many who come to this site with "baggage", that is why this topic is important to me. I feel that maybe some can connect with others here and get a better understanding of not only themselves but others as well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Plus I am tired of the threads elsewhere at this site that seem to bring out the worst in people. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I don't believe that putting someone down for stating their beliefs is a benefit to anyone. There are others who slam the people who live alternate lifestyles, or have different views on religion. Although I may not agree with someone, who am I to say if it is right or wrong? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I do believe this poll may enlighten all of us as to what makes certain others "tick". By understanding others and learning to accept the way they are; it just may further the "cause" of nude living. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• fred950
    replied
    Three cheers, HW. While in some respects, I've had a very "odd" childhood, I was never molested or "abused".

While I love having my nihghtcap (whiskey) and have a beer or two with dinner, My "issues" with alcohol are people who go bar-hopping while leaving their young at home, run up a tab they can't pay, get kicked out of that bar and then start allover again at a differant bar. (a certain un-named ex and her boy friend come to mind).

Leave a comment:

• florida-david
    replied
    h.w. - thanks for the poll, i think it important to realize that people come to an internet site with various 'baggage' and its important to be sensitive to this 'baggage' as it affects how people perceive us and others. with our society programmed to believe that sex=nudity, any discussion regarded nudity is automatically viewed as suspicious. when discussing topics here (nudist site), we all should realize that our words as posted here are under scrutiny more so than on other internet sites. this is why we should be careful to not post words here that are purposefully hurtful, prejudiced, or plain mean (i have been know to be mean to mean posts). if we do not have something positive to say, maybe we should just be quiet.

so, in closing, i think this post is enlightening and hopefully no one took it as otherwise. it has reminded me to be sensitive to other people's particular 'baggage'....

i will be quiet now (yeah, finally, cheer)!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• hw
    replied
    To all who have voted and replyed thanks. This poll was meant to raise my level of understanding of the people here. I have no way of knowing who voted or how.

To have an issue with alcohol does not mean you have a drinking problem. It could be considered an issue for any family members of a person who does have a problem.

Rainy City Mike....This poll is not about one's sexual preferences. I don't care what sexual orientation someone is. I have friends of all colors, sexes, and orientations. I do not think that anyones sexual orientation predispose them to certain behaviors. I try not to judge, lest I be judged.

In another post, one person posted he had been molested as a child. That was one of my reasons for posting this poll. I feel just by reading some of the things posted in other threads that there are many here who have these issues.
    Again, I'm not here to judge, just understand.

Hope you all have a great evening. Thanks everyone. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X