What's good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's good?

Okay now. We have continual debates and sometimes angst-ridden fights here, and I include myself, though in the last year, I've tried mostly successfully to stay out of the controversies. I have a new proposal. Let's all take a moment to talk about what's good in our worlds, simple things and the like. I'd like to see [a] how many posts a truly positive subject will get (will it even get double digits?), [b] how long till someone takes exception to something, and [c] how much happiness is there around here?

I'll go first. I've been finding it easier to wake up to go to a job I'm not a huge fan of because I am looking to alter what I do in the future and also because waking up for the job means I'm waking up at all, and it's good to be alive.

Okay now. We have continual debates and sometimes angst-ridden fights here, and I include myself, though in the last year, I've tried mostly successfully to stay out of the controversies. I have a new proposal. Let's all take a moment to talk about what's good in our worlds, simple things and the like. I'd like to see [a] how many posts a truly positive subject will get (will it even get double digits?), [b] how long till someone takes exception to something, and [c] how much happiness is there around here?

I'll go first. I've been finding it easier to wake up to go to a job I'm not a huge fan of because I am looking to alter what I do in the future and also because waking up for the job means I'm waking up at all, and it's good to be alive.

Comment

Nice Idea!

Our children (teenagers) are both doing splendidly and that makes me feel great about my primary job in life...raising good future adults.

Comment

Excellent topic, Ren!

There is a tremendous amount of good in the world; moreso, than the bad but it depends on how one perceives their world. I, too, have noticed some threads filled with doom and gloom and that is not how the real world is overall. If your focus is narrow and you only see the bad, that is what you will perceive.

I see many people provding good homes for their children, going to jobs that many do enjoy. There will always be those who are locked into a job they don't like but it is up to them to seek something else or retrain themselves to pursue something else.

There are a lot of people out there helping others from all socio-economic backgrounds to make their world and place on the planet a bit better.

As Denital stated, there are many parents raising future good adults to add their own unique talents to society.

To make the world better it is up to all of us as individuals, or as groups and it is not up to any political party. It is us who makes the changes needed and it is us, each of us, who make the difference.

Sher

Comment

Just back in from running with the woofs. There was a low fog hanging over the newly mown fields and round bales of hay. The sun had just broken above the line of oaks and the moon was still high in the western sky and it was blessedly cool.

The whipper-wills were finishing their night's work and their calls were beginning to fade just as the lead scouts for the morning patrol of crows passed overhead.

Yes, it was nice and pleasant. And today I will continue to recruit and meet with other activists and concerned people to build alliances to educate, organize and mobilize citizens to take back our political system, and to regulate an economic system which threatens to destroy the middle-class.

So yeah, there is much goodness and wonderfulness about our world and our country and while it is good to remind ourselves of those blessings, my belief is they are to used to their fullest extent, not merely put on the mantle for our admiration.

Comment

Grandkids

Comment

great post! it's time for a change! wakeing up nude,getting coffee nude,checking e-mail nude,logging onto cfi nude,spending the rest of the day nude,making plans to visit nudist lodge,waiting for an understanding wife to get up to see me nude,just happy to be here another day and enjoying life nude!

Comment

Dogs, butterflies and grandchildren!

Comment

To simply be able to wake up and say to yourself, "It's good to be alive to enjoy another day of our wonderful journey on Earth." To be able to enjoy the simple things in life that somehow go unnoticed, which include family and friends.

Great topic.

Comment

My wife, extended family, friends, the cat,
                    spring, baseball, this forum and the great people on it, and a return to health after a really bad hernia and subsequent operation.

Thanks for the thread, Ren.

Comment

Up to about mid-October my football team, Cardiff City, were top of the league, we were brushing the top sides in our division aside by 4 clear goals a game, the sun was out, I was having a great time going to games, having a few beers, singing things like "We are top of the league" and "That's why we're top of the league" and it was great. After October, I'd rather not talk about it!

Comment

All right, I'm bringing it to double digits here after 24 hours. Maybe this topic will catch on more, but it's nice to see all the positive answers already.

Have you all tasted a ripe organic berry? Gets you on the outside of your tongue - tart followed by sweet, and it's like you've never tasted before. It's something I didn't notice when I'd wolf down food.

Another good thing, while I try to root for Canadian teams in the Stanley Cup due to the NHL's stripping them of their sport via relocation in the 1990s, I acted in Anaheim Hills when I lived in LA and it was great to see all the veterans on the Ducks hoist the Cup. Only one player had ever won it before, so it's pretty joyous to see all the first timers acting like kids at 35 years old. I raced home listening to my XM (mmm... XM) and got upstairs just in time to see the Cup get skated around. It's my favorite sports moment, even when the Devils win.

Comment

Life is good. Getting old sucks but it beats the alternative.

Being around friends and family who love you is good.

Having a roof over your head and enough to eat is good.

Comment

Being able to walk again is good! Looking down at the grass is nicer than the alternative!

Comment

The most important thing to me is that my kids are alive and healthy and both did great in school this year!

Comment

Working...
                              X